The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

when is this new version good to go?

it's in extended testing, the new version is a very big step up, the code changes need tested extensively,

Just today I found mistakes/conflicts in the detection code and had to revise it a few times to resolve issues.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Many thanks

Many , many thanks for this !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Still testing and finding bugs,

So far I'm finding lil ones almost daily,

Today I found an exception bug that requires me to recode the Network/Servers Check Blocks.

Update: 4/27/2018

Said Exceptions have been fixed, code cleaned up a bit,

Update server check will now check HTTP site first, then ping all 12 update servers are report online/offline

Individual server status visible by clicking on DCS Update Server Staus on top right of the status bar)

Cleaning up Individual UI elements and names, since some things have changed under the hood.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

SkateZilla's Nifty "DCS Updater Utility": To force branches into another directory?

SkateZilla's DCS Updater Utility (DCSUU) seems a useful GUI front-end utility to keep updated branches of DCS World apart and to roll back/update certain branches without bothering with exe. command prompts.. - and to run branch builds side by side

Here's the question:

I installed DCS just before DCS World 2.5 was released as an "RELEASE BUILD" and installed it under the folder directory E:/Games/DCS World OpenBeta folder

Subsequently I updated DCS World to the 2.5.1 (UPDATE/OpenBeta), but I dumped the latter into the SAME E:/Games/DCS World OpenBeta folder, which is not prudent, as I would rather dump all future BETA's into another directory so that SkateZilla DCSUU can be pointed to these separate folders - and keep the RELEASE BUILD separate from in case I need to roll back to a RELEASE BUILD that "works."

Anyone here know how to "force-move" the directory structure now, or maybe in the future, so that any OpenBeta future released DCS builds are kept away from the same directory as the RELEASE BUILD, given that all game files (Release and Beta builds) currently are now in a single directory called \....\DCS World OpenBeta\ folder?

Do I simply point the DCS Updater utility under the "CUSTOM #1 BUILD fields" - see attached pic - - to the same E:/Games/DCS World OpenBeta folder for now and use that build/original folder structure, for now, as my official release build? And IF so, will the utility itself then create a separate directory (copied?) folder structure, away from the original OpenWorld Beta folder structure? -- See 2nd pic - so that I can run the RELEASE and Beta's side by side, or do I have to do a possibly cut/paste of some folders instead to make this happen?

1.thumb.jpg.2657f5e92022279984556e104d494593.jpg

2.jpg.070794008ca8bf0b9548cc886f295c7e.jpg

Edited by WineCape

"This medical officer has used my ship to carry his genitals from port to port, and my officers to carry him from bar to bar" -- British Officer Combat Report

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

| VKB GunFighter II (Rev.B pin) + MCG-Pro | VIRPIL MongoosT-50 | MFG CrossWind | TrackIR5 | MonsterTech Throttle Mount | Win10Pro | MSI GTX 1660Ti | i7-4790K CPU | 16GB RAM | 1080p/144Hz Monitor | DCS on Samsung SSD 850 Pro |

it's in extended testing, the new version is a very big step up, the code changes need tested extensively,

Just today I found mistakes/conflicts in the detection code and had to revise it a few times to resolve issues.

Thank you.

Quick Question

I have always used your updater to update DCS

I now have DCS 1.5.8.12823 as well as DCS 2.5.1.16543.

At this point can I uninstall DCS 1.5.8.12823 using the programs and features page in Control Panel?

I think I read somewhere that if you update using the DCS installer it will ask you if you want to uninstall DCS 1.5.

As this does not happen when using your updater I take it it is ok for me to uninstall 1.5 myself at this point.

Thanks

Quick Question

I have always used your updater to update DCS

I now have DCS 1.5.8.12823 as well as DCS 2.5.1.16543.

At this point can I uninstall DCS 1.5.8.12823 using the programs and features page in Control Panel?

I think I read somewhere that if you update using the DCS installer it will ask you if you want to uninstall DCS 1.5.

As this does not happen when using your updater I take it it is ok for me to uninstall 1.5 myself at this point.

Thanks

1.5.8 is now legacy and unsupported, so you can uninstall it by simply deleting the folder,

You can use the Add/Remove Programs, but I'm not sure if it will remove 1.5 or 2.5.

Just a Heads up, w/ 2.5 Video Training Module's Are no Longer Supported (Invalid Module).

These Video Modules have not Installed Correctly after 1.2.10.32582

Next version will disable buttons on Versions 2.0 or Greater.

Edited by SkateZilla

SkateZilla's DCS Updater Utility (DCSUU) seems a useful GUI front-end utility to keep updated branches of DCS World apart and to roll back/update certain branches without bothering with exe. command prompts.. - and to run branch builds side by side

Here's the question:

I installed DCS just before DCS World 2.5 was released as an "RELEASE BUILD" and installed it under the folder directory E:/Games/DCS World OpenBeta folder

Subsequently I updated DCS World to the 2.5.1 (UPDATE/OpenBeta), but I dumped the latter into the SAME E:/Games/DCS World OpenBeta folder, which is not prudent, as I would rather dump all future BETA's into another directory so that SkateZilla DCSUU can be pointed to these separate folders - and keep the RELEASE BUILD separate from in case I need to roll back to a RELEASE BUILD that "works."

Anyone here know how to "force-move" the directory structure now, or maybe in the future, so that any OpenBeta future released DCS builds are kept away from the same directory as the RELEASE BUILD, given that all game files (Release and Beta builds) currently are now in a single directory called \....\DCS World OpenBeta\ folder?

Do I simply point the DCS Updater utility under the "CUSTOM #1 BUILD fields" - see attached pic - - to the same E:/Games/DCS World OpenBeta folder for now and use that build/original folder structure, for now, as my official release build? And IF so, will the utility itself then create a separate directory (copied?) folder structure, away from the original OpenWorld Beta folder structure? -- See 2nd pic - so that I can run the RELEASE and Beta's side by side, or do I have to do a possibly cut/paste of some folders instead to make this happen?

[ATTACH]183418[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]183420[/ATTACH]

They Shouldnt be in the same Folder,

other wise you just updating and switching builds back and forth in a loop, as you are doing it to the same install.

if you want Release and Open Beta Separate,

Copy/Paste your /DCS World Open Beta/ Folder and Rename it /DCS World/ or /DCS World Release/, Then input it to a Slot in the Utility, Doesnt Matter Which, The Slot Names will be Changed in next public build anyway, and allow for custom names.

Select the Release Build, Under Advanced Update options, Choose "Update to the latest Release Version"

Which will convert it back to the Release Branch.

Leave Open Beta Build in it's own slot, and you can manage them separately.

Can I switch release version to beta and back?

HiI have 2.5 release version installed, however my multiplayer server is only operation with beta version. Is there's a way to use the utility to change the release to beta and back easily without me installing a separate beta? My SSD is not big enough to have both on it.

Thanks

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

HiI have 2.5 release version installed, however my multiplayer server is only operation with beta version. Is there's a way to use the utility to change the release to beta and back easily without me installing a separate beta? My SSD is not big enough to have both on it.

Thanks

Neal

Adv. Update Options

Update to Latest Open Beta Button

-> Changes Branch to Open Beta

-> Updates to Latest Open Beta

Update to Latest Release Button

-> Changes Branch to Release

-> Updates to Latest Release Version

Hi SkateZilla

tried the above and worked great, thanks. However I now have an issue with my Rift in that when I start DCS world from the GUI (VR On) the sim starts in the normal VR way with the image on the monitor but no image in the headset, although the head movement works. If I then close the GUI I have the same scenario. I now have to open Occulus GUI (which I have set to run as admin, so I havent been running at the same time as DCS) and it works correctly.

I dont know if this is a setting on the GUI or a change with the Beta or something completely unrelated and just coincidence? Have you come across this before?

Thanks

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Oculus Home used to be able to be Bypassed, I dont think it can anymore.

Edit: Just checked, and VR On Button launches to my VR Headset correctly.

This might be an Oculus issue, there was a few people that have this problem in the Input/Output -> VR Sub forum.

Edited by SkateZilla

I'm still testing the next version.

I compiled a new one this morning at 130AM,

I've also had some type of Visual Studio Glitch,

All the buttons are now locked (I cant move them, or change their Style/Images etc),

Likely a result of testing the App without the Force XP Style Setting on (This Allows the App to look more modern, and less like Windows XP (Buttons, Drop Downs Etc).

So I started replacing them one by one w/ new buttons, and Migrating the code from the old ones to the new ones.

I replaced the main buttons, I havent replaced all the module buttons, as I have no plans to move those * YET *,

Once I get the buttons back to working correctly and looking correctly, I will make a backup. release, and then begin working on converting to NON XP Style and the new Module Buttons Placement.

I will eventually change how the module buttons are presented (size and function), that will be the next code re-write, as well as adding TABS to separate the modules into better categories.

Edited by SkateZilla

Thanks. Worked like a charm your advice earlier!

Keep up the excellent work!

"This medical officer has used my ship to carry his genitals from port to port, and my officers to carry him from bar to bar" -- British Officer Combat Report

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

| VKB GunFighter II (Rev.B pin) + MCG-Pro | VIRPIL MongoosT-50 | MFG CrossWind | TrackIR5 | MonsterTech Throttle Mount | Win10Pro | MSI GTX 1660Ti | i7-4790K CPU | 16GB RAM | 1080p/144Hz Monitor | DCS on Samsung SSD 850 Pro |

What language are you using to code this? My question is to see if i would be able to assist you with it if you wanted a test that could do the minor tweaks to help with debugging etc

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Thanks for your hard work Skatezilla. Is your utility a pass-through to the DCSUpdater command-line tool?

Which Tool do you speak of?

Great I’m very familiar with VKB or was I’ve been out for a few years trying to get back into it

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Current Planned Release for the Next version is June 1st, that gives me a few more weeks to test and refine code,

Lately while refining I've been re-writing functions one at a time to condense as well as add functions, still the evolution between this version and the current public one is huge.