The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

In extended future branch I've been working on condensing everything,

When Launched, the Main App Face will have no module Icons at start,

There will be buttons for:

"Show/Hide Aircraft Modules"

"Show/Hide Campaign Modules"

"Show/Hide Terrain/Tech Modules"

"Show/Hide Training Modules"

"Show/Hide Advanced Options"

Clicking One will show Icons for that Category, and Hide the Rest, Clicking another will hide the previous category and show the icons for category clicked, clicking same button again will hide current category and show just main app window / function buttons on top and version boxes to the right.

Checked boxes should retain their checked status as you go from one category to another.

So You can launch app, click aircraft, check the ones you want, move to campaigns, check the ones you want, etc etc, then click install selected.

Which will remove the 2 extra windows (Training and Adv. Options) and allow me to more easily control the icons as more and more icons are released.

Might Keep Adv. Windows Separate not sure.

*Preview Snaps Attached..

Changelog for 05.08.2017:

-Added Oilfield Campaign Button

-Added Oilfield Campaign DRM Button

-Added Oilfield Campaign Check Box

-Added "Check All" and "UnCheck All" Buttons (they Check and Uncheck all Modules)

Check/Uncheck Boxes will likely be removed, Was just testing code and forgot to remove them.

DCS_Updater-031.thumb.jpg.16011c70e04237471b922b97d82e9f2d.jpg

DCS_Updater-032.thumb.jpg.dbb44f25bfd7581d4593137161b5b8d9.jpg

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Skate, nice improvements on the utility whenever the last update was (I just updated as I thought to my self new modules had been released so there is bound to be an update).

Wanted to provide some input/suggestions from my observations and wanted to know what you thought of them.

Some sort of master selection switch/options selection that allows user to designate whether or not he is a FC3 owner. Reasoning behind this would be for completing the 'getting all the red lights green' objective, or simply de-clutter option for some of our more OCD / neat freak friends (and myself lol). I understand why you made it the way it is as you can own FC3 or the individual FC3 aircraft, but I thought instead of filling in ownership bubble light of all FC3 modules if user owns FC3 main module, it would make more sense to either show FC3 main module or FC3 individual modules.

Less important I was wondering if the ability to rename custom #x would be a useful feature to some or more simply, have custom #x auto-renamed to the version # that is detected. Also some sort of checkbox or option to allow the custom #2 or both custom #'s to show/not show depending on the users preferences. Really want all those lights green (lol just kidding, I will not be coming close for some time)

Thanks for your eyes,

Paul

In the Earlier Builds Having FC3 Installed Disabled the Individual Modules, However, I know users that have both individual and FC3 Installed (due to buying FC3 On sale), for management purposes the disabling of FC Individual Modules if FC3 was installed was removed to allow user to install both FC3 and Individual Aircraft.

Same reason was also why I chose not to have the lights go green if FC3 was installed.

As for renaming custom boxes, I'm playing with that while I work on underlying condensing code, I will likely add text boxes in place of the "custom 1 and custom 2" labels, where user can type a custom name, which will be saved and show in the build drop down menu.

I know renaming custom install labels was requested previously as well.

Right now it's only partially working, as there are alot of code links that rely on the specific name to not change for drop down selected items

--------------------

Checkbox for show/hide custom installs would be redundant, extra option w/ no actual function other than to hude the custom install lines.. Just copy/paste Paths from Release/OB/OA to the Custom 1 and 2 boxes and they'll be green.

I was actually planning to expand custom boxes to prolly custom 3,4,5 now that I have condensed module icons.

-------------------------

Also, I've Extended the save settings to the "A-10C and Ka-50 License Type" Drop down boxes,

So when the next version is released, (hopefully) whatever license type is selected from those drop down boxes will be saved and loaded so user will not have to keep setting them.

I'm Still working on shifting code and graphics from child forms back to the main form and removing the "Advanced Options Panel" and "Install Video Training" Modules buttons as I'm moving them to the main window.

I'll also have to Shift "Video Training Module Language" Drop down box to main form and add code for that value to save as well, again so user will not have to keep re-setting from the default selected values.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Prelim. Change log for Next Release:

(Barring Any Major Testing Issues and New Module Releases before I clear it to be released)

-Separated Each Group into Separate Panels,

-Added Module Category Buttons that will show/hide each category, functions remain the same.

-Removed Old "Open Video Training Modules" Button.

-Added "Video Training Language" Selection Menu

-Merged Child Form/Window for Video Training Modules Into Main Window,

-Added Video Training Modules Section w/ Icons (Note these will not have Red/Green Light, as the folders change depending on language)

-Deleted old Child Window for Training, (Saves 200 or so kb)

-Merged Advanced Update Panel to Main Window,

-Renamed Button to Show/Hide Adv. Update Options,

-Deleted Child Form/Window (Saves 400 or so kb)

-Added A-10C/Ka-50 License/Video Training Language Selection Boxes to Apps My.Settings Scripts. Selected Values will now save/load with app.

-Renamed "Save Folder Settings" to "Save Settings" (Will now save folders and language/license settings).

-General Layout Cleanup of Items. (general alignments of items and their dependencies).

-Check All / Uncheck All Buttons added for Each Category

-Splash Screen GFX Updated

-Added Normandy 1944 Module Button

-Added Normandy 1944 Module DRM Button

-Added Normandy 1944 Module Check Box

-Added DCS WWII Assets Button

-Added DCS WWII Assets DRM Button

-Added DCS WWII Assets Check box

Possible Changes (WiP, Havent Finalized Decisions)

-Moving DCS Install Paths section from Right Side to Left Under the Module Section Buttons

-Allowing User to Re-Name or Add Custom label for Custom installs.

-Removing "Current Folder" Option from Install Paths, and Adding Custom #3, Custom #4, Custom #5

-Change Background Wall Paper.

Updated 5.26.2017

DCS_Updater-035.thumb.jpg.47a357efa37432c354e02ba7aae7cf56.jpg

DCS_Updater-036.thumb.jpg.7b24dc43f909190e78ba16b6cd1cfb49.jpg

DCS_Updater-037.thumb.jpg.98c8bac414f79b8eba39e39e5842e6f5.jpg

DCS_Updater-038.thumb.jpg.b30ca19b74becfa7351acdf2c34e52e8.jpg

DCS_Updater-039.thumb.jpg.54fe6d3341dcf04775a553ba5ff72ad6.jpg

Edited by SkateZilla

Hey Skatezille - good to see that you're still evolving this great app.

Would it possible for you to integrate a feature to backup key/joystick bindings?

Likely not going to happen, this app was built to aid with module and install management, and has already evolved well past it's initial function.

• Like 1

5.26.2017 Uploaded to First Post.

v05.26.2017:

-Separated Each Group into Separate Panels,

-Added Module Category Buttons that will show/hide each category, functions remain the same.

-Removed Old "Open Video Training Modules" Button.

-Added "Video Training Language" Selection Menu

-Merged Child Form/Window for Video Training Modules Into Main Window,

-Added Video Training Modules Section w/ Icons (Note these will not have Red/Green Light, as the folders change depending on language)

-Deleted old Child Window for Training, (Saves 200 or so kb)

-Merged Advanced Update Panel to Main Window,

-Renamed Button to Show/Hide Adv. Update Options,

-Deleted Child Form/Window (Saves 400 or so kb)

-Added A-10C/Ka-50 License/Video Training Language Selection Boxes to Apps My.Settings Scripts. Selected Values will now save/load with app.

-Renamed "Save Folder Settings" to "Save Settings" (Will now save folders and language/license settings).

-General Layout Cleanup of Items. (general alignments of items and their dependencies).

-Check All / Uncheck All Buttons added for Each Category

-Splash Screen GFX Updated

-Added Normandy 1944 Module Button

-Added Normandy 1944 Module DRM Button

-Added Normandy 1944 Module Check Box

-Added DCS WWII Assets Button

-Added DCS WWII Assets DRM Button

-Added DCS WWII Assets Check box

should've downloaded this a long time ago!!!!!!

Your app is the only thing that got the Asset pack to download. Command prompt had no effect. To bad its not an integrated feature to DCS

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::joystick:

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

Hi,

First time user as I am sitting with 2.1 installed and the Normandy terrain does not show up in the modules manager in the game.

Tried this tool that seems good as there have been many times when there are module problems - but I must have missed something.

When selecting the "WW2" modules like below and clicking "Install Selected Modules" - nothing happens. Have tried running as administrator, and the tools is in my game root folder.

xqkHT01L.png

What have I missed? Can't find a log file for the tool either?

Thanks for creating this tool! /Mazex

Edited by mazex

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

OK - found the problem myself.

Had not selected the "Build to manage" in the top right corner:

9togprPl.png

As a first time noob user (and development manager in my daytime work ;)) - I think it would be good with a dialog saying: "You must select the build to manage in the top right corner to continue", if you click "install" etc without having done this selection first. As it is now there is no feedback so you start wondering if some background process might have started or similar.

But - now that I know that this seems like a very valuable tool! Thanks for developing and supporting it. Have done some "gaming tools" myself and it can be frustrating when people come in with propsals how the app should work after spending many late unpaid hours creating something to help others... :)

Edited by mazex

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

Sorry, Yeah,

I'll see about adding a dialog, I have it set to not do anything if it's not set that way there's no exception errors/crashes.

In Fact, I already have a message box set to pop up if BUILD is not selected on my internal development version.

I Plan to Add a Small Help File or Instructions in the App Soon once I know I'm not changing anything major around.

So:

1. Set Paths to Builds, Click Verify (Green Lights and Version Numbers will Display),

2. Select build to manage from drop down menu

3. Select License and Languages in the Drop down menus for A-10C/Ka-50/Video Training

From there update or install modules.

Also, Future Versions will likely have "Current Folder" removed, as it causes a Working Folder Conflict.

ie, if you place app in a 1.5 folder, select a 2.0 Build, it will launch w/ 1.5 as the working folder and cause problems.

Edited by SkateZilla

v05.27.2017 Uploaded:

-Fixed Bug that disabled Individual Module Buttons and DRM Buttons

-Added Prompt to Select Build/License if none is selected

-Removed "Current Folder" Option

-Removed Unused Old Code left behind

Edited by SkateZilla

Hey Skatezille - good to see that you're still evolving this great app.

Would it possible for you to integrate a feature to backup key/joystick bindings?

Likely not going to happen, this app was built to aid with module and install management, and has already evolved well past it's initial function.

Hi Skate, I also think would be useful having a function on your app to save joystick bindings outside DCS.:music_whistling:

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

v05.27.2017 Uploaded:

-Fixed Bug that disabled Individual Module Buttons and DRM Buttons

-Added Prompt to Select Build/License if none is selected

-Removed "Current Folder" Option

-Removed Unused Old Code left behind

Ah, if only my dev teams at work where this fast to respond when the boss come with yet another demand ;)

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi Skate, I also think would be useful having a function on your app to save joystick bindings outside DCS.:music_whistling:

This is Easily done on it's own, Copy/Pasting the Saved Games/DCS.Install/Config/Input/ Folder

• Like 1

Oh, I was not aware of this, thanks +1

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

Small Update:

Internally Testing Update Check.

It will not download/install automatically,

But it will compare version# of app vs version number on server, and notify you there's an update.

once integrated it will work in that version going forward.

If Version matches nothing will show on main screen, if user chooses file check for update, it will prompt up to date in message box.

If Version Number is different, it will show Current Version, Newest Version, Update Available Icon, When Clicked take you to the first post of Thread w/ the Download Link.

-Adjusted Version Number Code.

-Added Update Available Graphics.

-User.Settings will Retain Selection of BUILD Selected

-Added Message Dialog to Adv. Update / User Specified Version.

Preview (Update Button/Icon will prolly be better placed before it goes public):

attachment.php?attachmentid=163460&stc=1&d=1496349045

DCS_Updater-041.thumb.jpg.d05bbc4706a68074007dfc80a74bb609.jpg

Edited by SkateZilla

Skate could you program the Build to manage listbox to automatically point at first version found? Could be useful when you have only one build installed.

Skate could you program the Build to manage listbox to automatically point at first version found? Could be useful when you have only one build installed.

The App did this originally when I first added ability to set multiple builds, but it caused conflicts.

Best I can do is have the app remember which build is selected when you close/open the app so if you only manage one build, the list will stay on that build when you close and re-open the apps.

But that code might not even work, as the BUILD List is Populated on Startup, so the selected index will change everytime.

Edit: Resolved that,

Next Build, After Closing/Saving Settings, App will launch w/ BUILD Selected Previously.

(ie, Select Release Build, Close, Open App, it will have Release Build Selected.) (as Long as BUILD is still valid, ie, if you select release, then clear the release path and relaunch it will not retain the value.)

Edited by SkateZilla

Hi all

Can anyone give me some help on using this utility? As I'm having problems with the latest version of DCS World 2,

I have tried to use this to go back to the earlier version I had no problems with, (2.0.5..3140) it tells me this version is not available. I have tried other earlier versions and get the same thing, am I missing something or have all the earlier versions been removed?

I have also tried updating using the command prompt method and get the same message

Edited by johnco61

Hi all

Can anyone give me some help on using this utility? As I'm having problems with the latest version of DCS World 2,

I have tried to use this to go back to the earlier version I had no problems with, (2.0.5..3140) it tells me this version is not available. I have tried other earlier versions and get the same thing, am I missing something or have all the earlier versions been removed?

I have also tried updating using the command prompt method and get the same message

Not all versions stay on the DCS Server.

Yes it seems that way but I have tried to install several different versions and get the same message, it seems at the moment you can only update to the latest build. It may be a temporary thing so I will give it another go later

Thanks for the response

I understand that they wouldn’t keep all versions on the server but don’t see any reason to remove a relatively new build and leave lots of older versions!!

Edited by johnco61