Very frustrated with lack of support, Starforce and LockOn.

I'm sure I can't be the only one with this problem guys. About a week ago I was trying to activate my copy of FC when StarForce told me I needed a new activation key. So I'm assuming you can only activate a certein amount of times?

First I contacted StarForce and here's what they told me. "Hello

Serial numbers management is fully up to the publisher, you should contact LockOn support with this. Best regards." So I thought, ok, LockOn should be able to provide a new key. I email tech support to find out they need to contact StarForce. Four days later and I still haven't heard back from LockOn's tech support. I'm starting to get the feeling i'm getting the run around here.

So now I'm stuck with a product I purchased from this site that I can no longer use. All i'm asking here is no more than what any paying customer should be entiltiled to. I shouldn't have to purchase the game twice just because neither side is willing to step up to the plate and provide a new key. I don't think i'm out of line by asking that if you can't provide support for my problem, then why not offer me a refund on my purchase or another copy of the game?

:helpsmilie:

On my experience, lockon is one of the best supported games. You have to take into account that ED (publisher) is a small company, don't forget time difference (if applicable) currently +4GMT/+3BST and that it's Sunday. 5-10 _business_ days is an acceptable timeframe to get a response.

Many people already had the same problem as you do, and I don't remember anyone left without attention.

Athlon64 3500+; A8V-DX; 1Gig PC3200; Quadro4 980XGL; SCSI; Win2K3;

MacBook Pro 17"

X52 tweak: http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=16972

Quit whining and don't worry. You should have thought about getting new activations when you already noticed that you have just 1 activation left. That would save your time.

I've received new serial-key from ED after about a week or so.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I'm sure I can't be the only one with this problem guys. About a week ago I was trying to activate my copy of FC when StarForce told me I needed a new activation key. So I'm assuming you can only activate a certein amount of times?

Yes thats correct.

However, re-activation should only be necessary after a major hardware upgrade - not for re-installation of the game or the OS. To avoid wasting activations needlessly, please refer to the re-installation guide found here:

http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=741&scr=default&lang=en

First I contacted StarForce and here's what they told me. "Hello

Serial numbers management is fully up to the publisher, you should contact LockOn support with this. Best regards." So I thought, ok, LockOn should be able to provide a new key. I email tech support to find out they need to contact StarForce. Four days later and I still haven't heard back from LockOn's tech support. I'm starting to get the feeling i'm getting the run around here.

Please be patient - Eagle Dynamics is a small company and currently under a huge work load :) .

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Thanks Alfa. I've had to reinstall windows quite a few times but wasn't aware of this. So i'm pretty sure i've run out of activations.

No problem. I can wait if you can issue me a new key. It's just that my email to tech support was on the 23rd. I just wanted to know that someone would respond.

They gave me my new serial in 3 days after my email.

I did email them twice though.

I dont believe the 5-10 days reply bs.

In todays day and age, with customer service being priority since they are thousands of retailers offering same products, the reply time should be counted in hours not days.

:Core2Duo @ 435FSB x 7 3.05GHz : ATI x1900xtx: 2GB Patriot @ 435Mhz : WD 250Gb UATA: Seagate 320Gb SATA2: X-Fi Platinum:

Money Time etc

2 days ago I bought FC by internet. I pay my VISA and I downloaded game and took key. What's I suprised was when I couldnt play becouse starforce can't connect to server. I send Hardware key to webmaster couse I hope he will send me back activation code and again suprise he send me beck my login and pass to my accont. Today morning I send email again, now is evening and no answer. Poland is not so long way from Russia. I don't have money and I can't play. IT'S NOT FAIR!

Have you noticed that http://www.lockon.ru was down for some reason? It's back up. Go there and do MANUAL ACTIVATION, that's it. AUTOMATIC ACTIVATIONS are not working at this moment.

also search forums for: manual activation

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

dont hold your breath, i cant manually activate.

THis has been an issue for me since the 27/7. I recieved 1 email 3 days ago from ED asking for the transaction#, to date have heard nothing back. Have been emailing them daily asking for an ETA to no avail.

Very frustrating.

Well, it's been another week and still no reply from tech support. It's getting close to two weeks since my original email to tech support. I'm trying to be patient here but this really is an unreasonable amount of time to wait for a reply.

Has anyone else waited this long? :huh:

Yep, well im still waiting, over 10 days now.. been firing emails to ED daily asking for status, only response i got was 5 days ago asking for my acc details which i provided. Still waiting.

This unnaceptable delay damn well better be because of the IMMINENT release of black shark, or ill be really p!ssed.

Hey gerry, maybe me and you can hook up for a game of lomac 1.0...lol, it will be all the lomac we will be gettin for a while i reckon.....

• 2 weeks later...

Well someone finnaly contacted me. They wanted to know if I was still having the same problem... My answer, yes. Four days later and no reply so I email tech support again. Their answer this time? We will foward your email to our sales department.

This has been going on for over a month now. One thing I won't do is buy their product twice. They have my money, and now I might as well not have the product. Tech support? My ass...