Skullz Genuine Huey Sound Mod

sSkullZnBoneZz

EXCELLENT SOUNDS!

It looks like the zip file v3.01 is smaller than v3.0.

v3.0 = 124 MB 89 Files, 30 Folders

v3.1 = 117 MB 64 Files, 14 Folders

The v3.0 has a Mods folder, and v3.01 does not -(part of moving to Saved Games Folder?)

The Sounds Folder in v3.1 is 3 MB smaller and has fewer Files and Folders compared to v3.0.

Also, v3.0 has more sound files that look like copies of the same files in Folder

For Example: see v3.0 (Sounds >Effects> Aircrafts > Engines)

Other folders in v3.0 like Sounds > sdef > Aircraft> Engines / Uh-1H are other examples of extra folders with names like Original and Testing.

Thanks for looking into it. I’ll check my master file when I get home tonight. Also, I forgot to mention, when I tried update page 1 with the new link and info there was some kind of glitch happening and it would save the information. I’ll try to update it again when I get a chance.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

I just wasted a half Hour trying to get this extracted without downloading any 3rd party software. Total FAIL over and over.

Is a couple kilobytes of data compression really worth putting people through the hassle of spyware installation to extract a file? I dont get it. Everyone can extract a zip file without installing 3rd party software that in MOST cases is simply a virus used to spy on you.

I have no control over what you are installing to unzip a file. I use 7zip which is free and there are no third party spyware issues with it. You are the only one who has had any issues unzipping it.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

I just wasted a half Hour trying to get this extracted without downloading any 3rd party software. Total FAIL over and over.

7-zip is not a spyware. Amazon Alexa is a spyware. Windows is a spyware. Facebook is a spyware. Chrome is a spyware. 7-zip is open source utility with no ads, doesn't take your info, and doesn't look at what you do. It is actually more secure than zip. I don't know how anyone can spend half hour installing it.

Is a couple kilobytes of data compression really worth putting people through the hassle of spyware installation to extract a file?

No but supporting a smaller developer who provides clean, free, safe, open source utility that actually doesn't spy on you may be worth it.

Edited by Taz1004

7-Zip has been in my utility folder since Windows 2000.

:thumbup:Thanks to all the developers and modders out there.

If it were not for them, this DCS Flight Hobby would not be worth it. Bravo to Taz1004's v3 Better Trees mod and the Skullz Genuine Huey Sound Mod because flying the Huey low and over trees just got a FREE Upgrade!

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Let me rephrase that.

Dear sSkullZnBoneZz, thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into this mod. Such community contributions make this wonderful flight sim so much better than it already is!

However, for reasons I would not like to divulge, I am hesitant to install a software that can open .7z archives. Would it be possible for you to share a version of this mod that was zipped as a .zip file? My operating system offers native support for this format.

Again, thank you so much for this mod.

All the best,

mitchelrobertson

I kinda like this version better. But of course it's up to you how you treat your fellow community members.

Also, v3.0 has more sound files that look like copies of the same files in Folder

Other folders in v3.0 like Sounds > sdef > Aircraft> Engines / Uh-1H are other examples of extra folders with names like Original and Testing.

Yes, removing those and then there are the 8 sdef files I mentioned above present in v3.0 but not in v3.01. See attached picture (sorry for the quality). 745a1c0eaedebe5ed9c69a2b305dc528.jpg

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Okay guys I think I have it fixed now. All sounds should now be working and all sdef files are present.

I also changed the format to a zip file for those who do not use 7zip. Check the 1st page for updated link.

:thumbup: Most Excellent! Now I can hear a much nicer difference! And I think I learned that the sdef files point DCS to your Skullz_Custom_ sound files!

Cheers.

• Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Okay guys I think I have it fixed now. All sounds should now be working and all sdef files are present.

Thanks

Strange in 3,1 less contents 117Mb?

See the comment #250 by YSIAD_RIP. The 3.0 had some leftover files from Skullz development not used. They are removed now.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

:thumbup: Most Excellent! Now I can hear a much nicer difference! And I think I learned that the sdef files point DCS to your Skullz_Custom_ sound files!

Cheers.

That’s correct.

• 2 months later...
All, I have updated the sound mod to be used in your saved games folder, I was prepared to spend some time trying to figure out the new folder structure but I stumbled on a post made by user petsild on DCS forums who already figured out a way to use this mod as it is by simply dropping the sounds folder into your saved games folder. I also did some slight volume adjustments to the distant rotor sound and tweaked the wav file to eliminate a slight sound anomaly. Download here:

https://mega.nz/file/sVYWiaSB#y-qW9TJ3hOvGijwShjzlsHFoCWZFY-g3K3ArC7IkObU

Hey Skullz, thanks for your work. Just tried to download your mod - the link seems to be broken. Any chance you can re-upload it?

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

Hey Skullz, thanks for your work. Just tried to download your mod - the link seems to be broken. Any chance you can re-upload it?

yes pls repload :cry::cry::cry:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Ok I’ll take a look at it when I get home tonight. Not sure why it wouldn’t be working.

https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic97269_10.gif

Liquid Cooled i7 8700K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb VR | TM F/A-18

Hey guys, I was able to get to it on my phone. Try this link

https://mega.nz/file/0JBwnaTY#fXK6uS7TIRAnfFPIjk7_FV5R7PN1b-eSWti4NtHuR4o

Liquid Cooled i7 8700K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb VR | TM F/A-18

Links work for me too.. I was using Chrome Browser

- One suggestion is to try another browser if your main browser fails.

Cheers.

P.S I really appreciate the LIFE this MOD brings to the HUEY. Thanks!

Links work for me too.. I was using Chrome Browser

- One suggestion is to try another browser if your main browser fails.

Cheers.

P.S I really appreciate the LIFE this MOD brings to the HUEY. Thanks!

Thanks, I’m glad you like you like it man!

• 1 month later...
Skullz, your mod makes simply THE difference for me.

Thanks so much you updated also for 2.5.6!!

Thanks, I’m glad you like it!

Outstanding work! As a former member of a Huey unit...this absolutely nails it!

Thanks! It’s always nice to hear that from people with direct Huey experience.

• Like 1