Skullz Genuine Huey Sound Mod

sSkullZnBoneZz

Wow, what a huge difference this sound mod makes!!

Just installed it yesterday (May 29).

Came in for a landing; slowly losing speed & altitude through the last phase of the ETL, and the sound of the engine and the rotors increased noticeably.

Actually looked behind me to see if someone opened one of the sliding doors!

Nope, doors were still closed!!

Good job Skullz.

Edited by DSPALLASVI
added text

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

• 1 month later...
Wow, what a huge difference this sound mod makes!!

Just installed it yesterday (May 29).

Came in for a landing; slowly losing speed & altitude through the last phase of the ETL, and the sound of the engine and the rotors increased noticeably.

Actually looked behind me to see if someone opened one of the sliding doors!

Nope, doors were still closed!!

Good job Skullz.

This is so awesome i can barely contain my excitement!

I remove my hat and salute you SkullZ! This is extraordinary!

Thanks, I'm glad you guys like it!

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

• 3 weeks later...
Awesome sound mod! Thank you, I can finally enjoy the sund of my huey.

Only thing I have to get used to is the guns sound, feel like they are not intimidating enough!

Thanks I'm glad you like it. I tried to make the guns louder but they're as loud as the can be.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

First let me say this completely transforms the Huey, what an amazing mod, thank you for putting it together.

I am however having an issue that might be related to the mod somehow.

I found that after applying the mod I lose my missile rocket motor sounds on other aircraft. I hear the missile launch but inflight I am not hearing the rocket motors. I deleted my sound folder, did a full repair and the rocket motors came back. When I applied the Huey sound mod the motors sounds were gone.

EDIT: In fact for some reason the mod seems to disable the rocket motor sound on most missles. I did a complete repair, then reinstalled the Huey sound mod leaving out the weapons and now the rocket motor sound is back.

Edited by monkie

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

Hello,

this sounds are really amazing!

I just have 1 problem: The startup sound isn´t always working.

For example at my first startup it works. Then I fly and shut down the Huey. When I startup again the Huey I have no startup sound.

Someone habe a solution?

Thanks in advance!

I'm glad you like it. As far as not having startup after landing, if you have any other Hueys on the map whether AI or human and whether or not you can actually hear them in the distance the startup won't work. This is true for my mod as well as the stock sound. I have extensively tested this and found no solution. I have made Belsimtek aware of the issue but they aren't too concerned as I have not received any response nor have I seen a change log on any update addressing this issue.

Actually just noticed an issue with the start up sound, landed south of a city waiting for the CAS to take the city and found the start up sounds continued to go on.

Even though I completed the shut down it continues to "start-up", once again thanks for the awesome sounds!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Wow...just wow. I am simply amazed at how this mod has improved my Huey flying. Transitioning from forward flight to a hover I can "hear" when I need to add some collective. Really nice mod sir. Thank you.

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Wow...just wow. I am simply amazed at how this mod has improved my Huey flying. Transitioning from forward flight to a hover I can "hear" when I need to add some collective. Really nice mod sir. Thank you.

Sierra

Thanks I'm glad you like it!

Been flying with this mod for a while now, and every time I spool up that engine I get excited like its the first time. BEST MOD IN DCS EVER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Been flying with this mod for a while now, and every time I spool up that engine I get excited like its the first time. BEST MOD IN DCS EVER

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a little late to the party however I just got this mod and there is a lot of good to say however when I'm starting up with the doors closed I hear nothing at all. Not until I start to get outside rotor noise. I have gone into the files a bit and the best thing I have found so far is the startup sound is a 7 second file of silence. Is it supposed to be? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E MB | Ryzen 9 5950x | ASUS Tuf RTX 4080 | 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 | Gigabyte M27Q-P 1440p 165hz |

I'm a little late to the party however I just got this mod and there is a lot of good to say however when I'm starting up with the doors closed I hear nothing at all. Not until I start to get outside rotor noise. I have gone into the files a bit and the best thing I have found so far is the startup sound is a 7 second file of silence. Is it supposed to be? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yes that file is supposed to be silent for a number of reasons. My sounds are completely custom and I had to rework some things to make the sounds work right so please leave those alone otherwise you will have to redownload the mod. It sounds like your issue may be occurring when you are in a game and there are other Huey's whether it's a human or an AI Huey. Can you double check and make sure it's happening even when there are no other Hueys on the map?

I have just gone into the mission editor and placed a single huey and it makes no engine startup noises on the Interior however low rpm and external sounds works perfectly.

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E MB | Ryzen 9 5950x | ASUS Tuf RTX 4080 | 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 | Gigabyte M27Q-P 1440p 165hz |

I have just gone into the mission editor and placed a single huey and it makes no engine startup noises on the Interior however low rpm and external sounds works perfectly.

That's a bug in the game whether it's DCS World or the Huey module. It is not the mod, it does the same thing with the default sound; it's just not as noticeable because of the basic sound they used. I have brought this to the attention of the devs for Belsimtek but apparently it's not important to them since I've heard no feedback or seen an update to fix it.

OK well if that is truly the case then belsimtek really should fix it because although its not game breaking. it is still very annoying and i love the sound of the starter. I guess ill have to start with the doors open

OK well if that is truly the case then belsimtek really should fix it because although its not game breaking. it is still very annoying and i love the sound of the starter. I guess ill have to start with the doors open

It won't help. If you have any Hueys flying anywhere on the map it messes up the startup sound.

• 1 year later...

The download link does not seem to be working.

anyone know where I can get this mod?

just had to rebuild after my 6 year old SSD died..

and I cant live without your start up sounds skullz..

save me :)

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.