UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative

HAV

Time for some update and new photos...

For some time already there's a new version - II+

Didn't have to much time lately to post this earlier, so fast forward now - same casing, same electronic but with slightly better and stronger LEDs.

All UTC copies that were prepared lately were equipped with new LEDs, so if you noticed them in your clip - be sure it's UTC II+

20170912-172007.jpg

20170912-172039.jpg 20170912-172108.jpg 20170912-172141.jpg 20170912-172450.jpg 20170912-172749.jpg

I was also asked lately to prepare a wired version of UTC. Your ideas are always welcome, so here it is (here with 3m cable, but this can be adjusted). Already added to regular offer.

20170912-173048.jpg

20170912-172955.jpg 20170912-173014.jpg 20170912-173025.jpg

Edited by HAV

VGD Devices UTC Mk II+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

atm i use the normal reflective track-clip for trackIR, but looking for an update, as the reflective clip looses track quite quickly when turning

i just wonder, if i can fit the UTC to my sennheiser hd 590.

the ear-cups are curved, so i don't know if the velcro will grip well enough. on the other hand, i would not like to modify the headphones to a point, which would not be reversible.

does trackIR require the UTC to be mouted on the ear-cups, or could i also mount it on the headband. i could easily put it there, but then it would be quite high and - dependent on mounting - rolled 45° to the right.

Might be needed to use zip ties instead or modify a bit your headphones with some distance (hard foam maybe) that you could glue with eg. double side tape to ear cup, so you could achieve flat surface on one side and curved on other.

As for headband mounting - should be possible.

I'm not sure however how Track IR will react for such position of UTC.

Just performed a quick test in Open Track with 45 degree rolled UTC, seems working same as vertical mounted.

Maybe someone who use UTC with Track IR could perform such test, anyone? Any help would be appreciated. :helpsmilie:

VGD Devices UTC Mk II+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

hello, this is squid1 actual :))

I received my UTC MK II today and it works perfectly out the box. My visual light filter is too strong right now so I play in a darkened room. Works excellently! Very simple to setup with Opentrack or even FTNoIR. Definitely, I reccomend this tracking clip to all looking for an alternative. Bartek has a big backlog of orders for a reason, that reason is this clip is the killer clip! Weight is completely unnoticeable, LED's are powerful and accurate, and the supplied velcro is plenty enough to keep mounted on my SteelSeries Siberia headphones. Thank you so much, HAV/Bartek!!

YTAYRjD.jpg

Edited by squid1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Saitek x45 Hotas

Canadian!

• 2 weeks later...

UTC MK II now for over a month, and I love it! No more fights with the kids about them throwing to original clip somewhere and it getting damaged (again).

It charges easily, and attaching it using velcro to my headset is foolproof.

One suggestion for a future model would be an ON/OFF light as well. The switch itself is rather small.

+1 for Bartek's excellent work: I bought two (1 Lite and 1 Pro), because I never want to go without.

Excellent LEDs quality and visual angle, velcro straps allow for universal fixing to any headset, quick charge via standard USB PC port (you can even play while it's charging) and - most important for me - it's SO lightweight.

He also is a very nice and serious person: my Lite clip had some issues, I simply sent it to him after a brief email contact and he repaired - but I should better say 'provided a brand new one', it's more correct - and sent it back to me for free.

BlueRaven.jpg

Nulla Dies Sine Linea

Waiting for it to be shipped...hope to receive it before christmas :)

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• 4 weeks later...

Got mine about a week after Christmas. I was using the TIR hat clip, wasn't about to order the Pro clip.

Pm'd Bartek, everything went smooth as far as sending it to USA.

Packaging was excellent, the UTC is very slick looking. As far as use goes, twas way, way better than hat clip. Less jittery (I've got the ver4 receiver) than the hat clip. I was a little worried at first (my receiver fell apart last year, and is jury-rigged to the monitor). I was afraid that I would have to move the receiver more to my left. Turned out to be fine in the position it was in.

I love it, one caveat that I can note. No on-off indication. Twice I have forgotten to turn it off, resulting in a re-charge.

Bottom line........... get it.

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

Got mine about a week after Christmas. I was using the TIR hat clip, wasn't about to order the Pro clip.

Pm'd Bartek, everything went smooth as far as sending it to USA.

Packaging was excellent, the UTC is very slick looking. As far as use goes, twas way, way better than hat clip. Less jittery (I've got the ver4 receiver) than the hat clip. I was a little worried at first (my receiver fell apart last year, and is jury-rigged to the monitor). I was afraid that I would have to move the receiver more to my left. Turned out to be fine in the position it was in.

I love it, one caveat that I can note. No on-off indication. Twice I have forgotten to turn it off, resulting in a re-charge.

Bottom line........... get it.

Lucky you....Bartek sent mine on the 16th of December still didn't arrive.... yesterday they attempted to ship on the only day nobody was at home for a mounth.....damn holiday time...

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• 3 weeks later...

Received mine last week and I've been using it off and on the last few nights. It's been just as responsive (if not more) as the pro clip right out of the box. My UTC is just zip tied to my headphones for the moment until I figure out how I want to set it up permanently. I really like that there isn't that extra cord from the pro clip to snag on the chair or keyboard tray (or on the pro clip itself sometimes due to it's mounted position). I also like being able to plug in my mic without having to gingerly adjust the pro clip out of the way. It's light weight, combined with the mounting position, makes me forget it's even there.

Bartek made the ordering process painless and answered all my questions right away. Even though it took a little time to arrive (but still came in sooner that I was expecting), it was well worth the wait. Many thanks to you, 10/10 will order again.

• 2 weeks later...

I received my wired version last week and have been testing it the last days.

Works absolutly great even in daylight. The wire is long enough even for pc being further way and the tape is strong enough to hold it in its place even with the added weight of the cable - and yes it also has an on/off switch which makes sense even for a wired version ;)

I´d like to add that HAV was always keeping me up to date. We had problems with DHL here in Germany and my adress ( postman being "unable" to read a f***** note on the door on were to deliver ) - so he send a secound one which got here within days.

Great job HAV - keep it up !

You saved me days on looking for the right LEDs and resistors for the PS3 cam version of a trackir system. With the little time i have beyond work and children this is absolutly what i hoped for - and it looks much better that everything my hands would have made ;)

Can anyone post some pictures how he has connected his UTC using cable ties? I am not using a headset and I am thinking about using some Baseball Cap or maybe a GoPro Headmount. Therefor I think I will need cable ties to make a stable connection. Not sure how to attach the cable ties to the UTC unit. I would need some ideas... ;)

Most people use probably sticky zip ties (not just cable ties), similar to this:

https://s25.postimg.cc/x4b6z7gwv/uchwyt-opaski-28x28-czarny.jpg

So it'll look similiar to this:

https://s25.postimg.cc/ubv4ku1un/image.jpg

https://s25.postimg.cc/3s2jip1b3/image.jpg

As for the headband, look here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3185750&postcount=67

I'm not sure however if the zip ties will be needed for use with a cap:unsure:

You could try with a velcro (a piece of quite strong sticky velcro is attached to each UTC copie), may be needed to sew it to the cap, just to be sure it won't fall (I'm not sure how the glue will hold to a cap).

Edited by HAV

VGD Devices UTC Mk II+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

PM sent to you Hav.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

HAV. Super happy with the UTC II you sent me. Much better than the original Tack Clip Pro. Head movements can be tracked in all cases when Track Clip Pro was giving up. I still have to see how long the battery can hold, but I have been flying for more than 13 hours without having to charge it. It's great to get rid of those wires that were getting in the way of my stick.

• 1 month later...

Bought mine via Email and just got it in the mail yesterday. Simply outstanding. Great work HAV!

Setup in opentrack was a head scratcher. Its not quite the same as the default point model, and that throws some calculations slightly off. The trouble is with opentrack. The 'custom model' tab is totally void of direction for what measurement goes into what axis with what sign. Settled on this:

P2: X -5mm, Y 40mm, Z -30mm

P3: X -5mm, Y -70mm, Z -80mm

Works like a charm.