UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative

HAV

I watched the review at SimUK and he mentioned that there is currently development work being done for a UTC v3. If this is true, do we have any kind of eta on when that will be ready? I've been using my hat clip for a while and I'm looking to upgrade, but I can continue waiting if v3 is right over the horizon.

There is no any ETA for Mk III. As for now, there are only few concept ideas what could be improved, mostly in production process to be easier and less annoying for me. Some small visual changes maybe.

To be honest, you rather won't see much difference in tracking between Mk II and III as both are based on the same electronic.

VGD Devices UTC Mk II+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

This thing looks sick! I was thinking of getting a new track clip since the rubber inside is completely bricked up and wouldn't be able to fit on a new headset. Awesome to hear there's a better alternative and that it works with TIR5. Hopefully it will also help me with my never ending battle against losing signal at high angles and flipping images on screen. :yay:

I'll PM you later. :)

Edited by <Blaze>

• 1 month later...

No issues with the UTC velcro-mounted on a G930 here:

HvdmIvv.jpg

I don't notice the lower arm while using it (roughly as noticeable as the deployed mike boom).

My modified webcam is placed slightly to the right side, on top of the monitor, so even with the center LED close to the left ear cup, I don't loose the signal that easily if I turn my head to the right.

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

I've been using the UTC over the last month. I can not find any thing wrong with it. It is simply perfect. Its well made. It holds a charge forever. (I bought the bigger battery one) But more importantly is how well it tracks! I used a Track clip and the pro in the past and they do not even come close. Being able to look down and right/left with out track IR freaking out is amazing. I would recommend this product to anyone as a upgrade for your TrackIR.

HAV. You have a great product here. I cannot think of any way to improve it.

I'm using the UTC PRO with TrackIR 5.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have been tempted, so now I guess I will have to order one.

Thanks Krebs.

EDIT: Order placed.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Almost ever since I started to read this thread my TIR 5 has started to play me up, the clip that connects to my headphones has started to ping open at random times and the LED array arm just drops down to its lowest level. I have had it nearly five years and have treated it with great gentleness and respect.

So without any hesitation I have been in touch with "HAV" and ordered a new UTC Light, he replied within hours, gave me a rough delivery time (very busy at present, up to two weeks).

looking forward to seeing how much better this is and for something more solid, robust and wireless.

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)

Windows 10 X64 Professional

Acer XB281HK G-sync monitor

Trackir 5

MFG Crosswind pedals

T M Warthog Hotas

• 2 weeks later...

Track Clip Pro NO MORE for me. Receive my unit this week and after some test and help from HAV I just can say that the UTC is way better than the original Track Clip, way more sturdier and works flawless with the TrackIR 5.

Thanks one more time man!:thumbup:

RojGkbo.jpg

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

Another happy customer here.

Good service. Good quality.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Just recieved mine, i have to try it out, thanks HAV:thumbup:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

• 2 weeks later...

My first Pro Clip and its perfect! Though you should consider selling some sort of head strap for it so we could use it when not playing with headphones :)

But it easy to make one yourself, all you need is headlamp with suitable mount and then just remove the lamp and apply velcro tape. Like this:

jEqCGnc.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Hav for a great product, arrived well packaged and in good time.Unplugged the old pro-clip today and turned the new wireless UTC Light on, worked straight off with no changes required. So much smoother and accurate, looking forward to future flying.

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)

Windows 10 X64 Professional

Acer XB281HK G-sync monitor

Trackir 5

MFG Crosswind pedals

T M Warthog Hotas

• 2 weeks later...

Mine arrived Monday but didn't get a chance to try it out until last night.

I purchased the light version and I have to say it works perfectly. It tracks as well, if not better, than the pro clip and is far less fragile. It's also nice to have one less cable hanging from your headphones.

Highly recommended

Thanks Hav

Edited by Fopeyducker

---------------

MSI GD65 Gaming | i7 4770k Haswell @ 4.7ghz, | H110 water cooler | 32Gb ddr3 | Sound Blaster Zx | MSI GTX 1080Ti | 1x 250Gb SSD's + 2x 500Gb SSD |

Acer Predator 34" (3440x1440) | TrackiR 5 + UTC Light | Win 10 Pro 64bit | 2x Thrustmaster MFD's | MFG Crosswinds (ordered) | Thrustmaster Warthog :smartass:

--------------------

• 3 weeks later...

Got mine wednesday and it was worth it. All works very smoothly after I've set it up in opentrack.

Finally, a picture of the construction. Headphones are, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition.

Thank you Hav and I recommend too :D

AOAwcsi.jpg

Edited by MrDromp

• 2 weeks later...

This thing is absolutely mental! I just unboxed it and tried it in free flight, and I can honestly say this thing does NOT lose tracking! I leaned back and tilted my head almost completely up so I'm looking at the canopy bow inverted and it was still tracking :megalol:

I imagine it will perform similarly well in fights. Thanks for this awesome product!