Landind Practice Mission

Is there a landing practice mission for the Su-25t I can download? I get tired of listening to the instructions in the traing videos including in the game, they can't be skipped either.

All I want is a mission setup that starts far enough out so I can go through the entire landing procedure and that's it. Landing my virtual aircraft is turning out to be more difficult than expected :joystick:

I thought about creating a mission to do this but that's not in my skill set either right now. Not yet any ways.

PS: The amount of time that this forum allows you to stay logged in without activity is ridiculously short.

Just make one in the editor. Place a Su-25T a few miles out, set altitude, set it as controlled by player, and fly it. Takes about 1 minute ;)

For you it takes about a minute. For some one like me, who stated right in my post that I don't know how to use the editor, it would take much longer. Which is exactly why I asked if one already existed I could download.

You already have a landing mission to Mozdok in instant action for the SU-25T.

Look at one of the many landing videos on Youtube first, to get an idea of what is required.

GL.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

For you it takes about a minute. For some one like me, who stated right in my post that I don't know how to use the editor, it would take much longer. Which is exactly why I asked if one already existed I could download.

Click on the plane symbol, click anywhere near an airfield, the plane icon should appear on the map now. On the right side choose the SU-25T, set skill to "Player", click "Fly". That's it. DCS World Manual should help, too. When I'm home from work I will make you a mission, if you haven't figured out until then..

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

Is there a landing practice mission for the Su-25t I can download? I get tired of listening to the instructions in the traing videos including in the game, they can't be skipped either.

All I want is a mission setup that starts far enough out so I can go through the entire landing procedure and that's it. Landing my virtual aircraft is turning out to be more difficult than expected :joystick:

I thought about creating a mission to do this but that's not in my skill set either right now. Not yet any ways.

PS: The amount of time that this forum allows you to stay logged in without activity is ridiculously short.

I would have a hard landing training for Su-25T. I don't think you are interested for it because it forces you to really know how to use all instruments when flying.

- It is in full snow blizzard, middle of the night so your visibility is around 20m.

- You are running low on fuel (actually so low that if not optimizing your speed and follow the path you run out of fuel before airfield, with successful operation your fuel ends either just before touchdown or on the taxiing :-P)

- There are fairly random accidents probability like either (or both, very unlikely) engines shutting off, losing HUD so you need to know how to fly with instruments.

Why did I do that? Because I got bored for not knowing exactly how to land the aircraft. So I removed all the possibilities for visual guidance so I need to rely the navigation instruments. And when you get immersive, it becomes very "itched" kind flying as you have no idea how you are doing than just by reading the instruments. And when you finally get touchdown, you are feeling relief as you managed to do something that you didn't even believe while flying. And this especially when you run out of the fuel or other engine shuts off and you are just trying to get safely down.

I flied it about 4-5 times in a row and I learned a lot from the instruments in first 1-2 times. I only lost the aircraft once by running out of fuel about 7km before airstrip.

And before that mission I tried multiple times to go trough the tutorial and get the idea by doing normal mission for landing in day time etc. So I just thought "#¤#" it! Lets go by the high way...."

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

dlw610, here you go. I just put an SU-25T at 8000' over the water with way points to land at Kutaisi. The plane is clean and nothing else is in the mission.

You should really start watching some Youtube videos on the Mission Editor to just learn the basics like I have (yes, total noob with it here, too) so that you can make missions like this to practice with for yourself. It's really not hard and will add to your enjoyment. Have fun!

EDIT: Removed mission as Cibit posted a fixed one.

Edited by Justificus
To Correct Name of Person... too early!

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

dlw610, here you go. I just put an SU-25T at 8000' over the water with way points to land at Kutaisi. The plane is clean and nothing else is in the mission.

You should really start watching some Youtube videos on the Mission Editor to just learn the basics like I have (yes, total noob with it here, too) so that you can make missions like this to practice with for yourself. It's really not hard and will add to your enjoyment. Have fun!

LOL Thanks for the effort but letting me know where I'm supposed to put it would have helped. Just sayin

The best place to keep missions you add yourself:

C:\Users\**NAME**\Saved Games\DCS World\Missions\

The **NAME** bit should be whatever your saved games path was called when you set up your computer.

Inside the missions folder, create a folder with the correct name format for each aircraft you want to add missions for, in this case, it would be "Su-25T" (don't include the quotation marks).

To run the mission, just click on missions in the DCS World GUI, select My Missions, and then Su-25T, and you'll see the mission in the list there.

LOL Thanks for the effort but letting me know where I'm supposed to put it would have helped. Just sayin

Okay... sorry for assuming you knew that much. Just put it here:

C:\Users\"Your User Name Goes Here"\Saved Games\DCS\Missions

Then you should see it under Missions/My Missions.

Also, just to help empower yourself, don't forget about the search function here on the forum. Many questions you already have and will have are answered here, just sayin'. ;)

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Okay... sorry for assuming you knew that much. Just put it here:

C:\Users\"Your User Name Goes Here"\Saved Games\DCS\Missions

Then you should see it under Missions/My Missions.

Also, just to help empower yourself, don't forget about the search function here on the forum. Many questions you already have and will have are answered here, just sayin'. ;)

Actually I knew where it went, I said that because you should never assume that some one knows something, especially if you know they are new to something. Also, the mission you created does not work I'm afraid. Yes, it loads but you can not enter the cockpit. You should have tried it yourself first friend. Might I suggest you watch some more Youtube vids on mission editing? :smilewink:

As far as the search feature here, I find it lacking as I did many searches before posting my inquiry.

Again, I do appreciate that effort though :)

You already have a landing mission to Mozdok in instant action for the SU-25T.

Look at one of the many landing videos on Youtube first, to get an idea of what is required.

GL.

Sorry but the mission you mentioned does not exist. And I have watched all these training vids so I know what to do, I just want to practice it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=166298920

I fixed Justificus mission for you, but a word to the wise. When people are trying to help there is no need for sarcasm even with a smiley stuck on the end, or one day people won't bother to help

dlw610 SU25T Landing Practice.miz

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I fixed Justificus mission for you, but a word to the wise. When people are trying to help there is no need for sarcasm even with a smiley stuck on the end, or one day people won't bother to help

Cibit, thanks for that... It was early, I just woke up and saw the thread and thought I would attempt to help someone asking for help. Obviously I didn't do a good job... Thanks again for fixing it.

@dlw610, sorry for the mistake, yes, I jumped to help way too fast. Enjoy learning the game.

Justificus

System Specs:

Cibit, thanks for that... It was early, I just woke up and saw the thread and thought I would attempt to help someone asking for help. Obviously I didn't do a good job... Thanks again for fixing it.

@dlw610, sorry for the mistake, yes, I jumped to help way too fast. Enjoy learning the game.

I said I appreciated it bro

Actually I knew where it went, I said that because you should never assume that some one knows something, especially if you know they are new to something.

Nice way to deal with someone, who tried to help you. Especially with things you can easily read in the manual.

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

Indeed, there is a saying - you don't bite the hand that feeds you!

Just remember, the one seeking advice is the one asking the question. If you didn't need any more information than you got the first time, then it is you who asked the question incorrectly, Isn't that the end of the matter?

If you didn't get the information you asked for, then ask a further question. Giving the guy a hard time for helping you is hardly the right way to behave is it! Unless of course you have different motives, in which case, moderators will soon have words to say.

I know most people have never stood next to someone and treated them the way people get treated here, but just imagine you have a pint in your hand, you're stood at a bar, and you want to hold a conversation with the guy next to you, and you don't want him to lay you out because he is twice your size. THEN phrase your message.

Indeed, there is a saying - you don't bite the hand that feeds you!

Just remember, the one seeking advice is the one asking the question. If you didn't need any more information than you got the first time, then it is you who asked the question incorrectly, Isn't that the end of the matter?

If you didn't get the information you asked for, then ask a further question. Giving the guy a hard time for helping you is hardly the right way to behave is it! Unless of course you have different motives, in which case, moderators will soon have words to say.

I know most people have never stood next to someone and treated them the way people get treated here, but just imagine you have a pint in your hand, you're stood at a bar, and you want to hold a conversation with the guy next to you, and you don't want him to lay you out because he is twice your size. THEN phrase your message.

Are you folks really serious about this? Liten up for goodness sake!!! I wasn't giving any one a hard time. I thanked him for his efforts and informed him that what he did did not work (but I still appreciated it). He was the one who suggested to me that I view Youtube vids for instruction, which I did before even coming in here. I was joking when I suggested it to him. I thought that it was abundantly clear, obviously I was wrong.

So let me state for the record: I AM SORRY!!!!!! I am a worm and am not worthy to lick even the soles of any ones shoes in here.

Pity some of our more "experienced" members don't follow that sage advice too, eh? There's another wee nugget of internet advice: if you read something and think it is an insult directed at you... it probably isn't.

I certainly got what dlw610 was trying to say. It was tongue-in-cheek, not directly offensive.

Dlw610: dinnae worry too much about it. I've been told I'm not allowed to have an opinion until I have built *two* (not just one, but two) cockpits before now... Keep asking, keep posting, keep flying. :)

• Like 1

My *new* AV-8B sim-pit build thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3901589

The old Spitfire sim-pit build thread circa '16/17:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143452

Pity some of our more "experienced" members don't follow that sage advice too, eh? There's another wee nugget of internet advice: if you read something and think it is an insult directed at you... it probably isn't.

I certainly got what dlw610 was trying to say. It was tongue-in-cheek, not directly offensive.

Dlw610: dinnae worry too much about it. I've been told I'm not allowed to have an opinion until I have built *two* (not just one, but two) cockpits before now... Keep asking, keep posting, keep flying. :)

FINALLY!!!!!! Somebody got it, thanks bro :thumbup:

Just saying..if somenone helps you with a quastion, you could have figured out yourself in a few minutes, you should maybe not teach him how his help should look like, by asking questions you already know the answer of, just to show him he...

should never assume that some one knows something, especially if you know they are new to something.

You knew the answer to your question, so why did you ask? To teach him how to better help guys who are resistant to reading the manual of a study sim?

Sorry but the mission you mentioned does not exist. And I have watched all these training vids so I know what to do, I just want to practice it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=166298920

Instant Action/Dusk landing at Mozdok.

Specifically designed to practice landing. It's not under Training Missions.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..