Tanks tougher in 1.5.2 ? A10C weaker ?

Phantom_Mark

I think I might have discovered my Maverick problem.....

With targets being so hard to spot on TGP now I have been making much more use of the white hot and black hot modes on the boat switch, I have a sneaking feeling I have been going into force correlate mode without even knowing it (as I normally load H's). I never even knew about the forced mode until this and a similar thread came up tbh......I will of course take advantage of those features once I have the basic mode working smoothly again. Cannot confirm this 100% yet, gonna fly some more later to be sure.

Still cannot get the CCRP mode to come up with auto release, only manual releasing the CBU's is possible, but was able to drop with success in manual mode again this afternoon, so that is something at least.. If someone might point me in the right direction of setting up a CBU drop in auto CCRP mode would be appreciated ?

Still cannot get the CCRP mode to come up with auto release, only manual releasing the CBU's is possible, but was able to drop with success in manual mode again this afternoon, so that is something at least.. If someone might point me in the right direction of setting up a CBU drop in auto CCRP mode would be appreciated ?

Did you watch the video I posted?

With the 103/105 you do not hold the pickle button and wait for a count down. You hit the button when you are within the release window, the bomb is GPS guided and will find it's target.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Yes, I did watch the vid, and that is what I have, however, if you watch the vid I posted you will see the guy has a release cue and auto drop like you have with a GBU ?

Thanks.

The 103 and 105 are GPS guided, they only work in CCRP and you're given a release window instead of alignment cues and an auto release, this is because the release with these doesn't have to be nearly as precise, being GPS guided.

The 87 and 97 are dumb bombs and work with CCIP and CCRP. The CCRP works with alignment cues and an auto release countdown.

Sounds like you're getting 103s/105s when you want 87s/97s.

Edited by Deezle

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

That is so true, probably why the aircraft feels more fragile, just the fact they turned into snipers :music_whistling:

Oh yes i agree :gun_sniper:something is wrong with tanks, not every model but sometimes it seems almost impossible to break trough (of course from top-rear).

I fly the hog since 2010 and i can not exactly say since when it is so hard but i suppose much longer than a year (don´t pin me down on a date)

Also for some time past i don´t go in close combat with an APC anymore.

Yes, in the past it was dangerous. Now it´s just fatal :spam_laser:

Edited by Ganesh
typos

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

The 103 and 105 are GPS guided, they only work in CCRP and you're given a release window instead of alignment cues and an auto release, this is because the release with these doesn't have to be nearly as precise, being GPS guided.

The 87 and 97 are dumb bombs and work with CCIP and CCRP. The CCRP works with alignment cues and an auto release countdown.

Sounds like you're getting 103s/105s when you want 87s/97s.

That could be it.....will check this evening, getting regular results with the 105 now, so that is a start at least thx..

Oh yes i agree something is wrong with tanks, not every model but sometimes it seems almost impossible to break trough (of course from top-rear).

I fly the hog since 2010 and i can not exactly say since when it is so hard but i suppose much longer than a year (don´t pin me down on a date)

I managed to kill a T50 earlier in the Georgia Spring Easy mission, from behind and above into turret.....still was not easy tho and took a few passes !!

Tanks tougher? A-10C weaker?

I cannot say that tanks are tougher. If I can get a clearly defined target with the TGP I can kill them reliably with Mavvericks (I user mostly the "D") or GBU-12. If my SPI is in the right neighbouhood the CBU-105 still do a pretty good most of the time (they have always been a bit unpredictable). I don't engage modern tanks with the gun. They are too hard and it's dangerous to swoop down so low.

My only problems (and a big one!) is that ground targets not located on a road have become almost invisible for the TGP's FLIR. And that's a tough one especially at night. And playing with the settings of the FLIR is very time-consuming and sometimes useless.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I cannot say that tanks are tougher. If I can get a clearly defined target with the TGP I can kill them reliably with Mavvericks (I user mostly the "D") or GBU-12. If my SPI is in the right neighbouhood the CBU-105 still do a pretty good most of the time (they have always been a bit unpredictable). I don't engage modern tanks with the gun. They are too hard and it's dangerous to swoop down so low.

My only problems (and a big one!) is that ground targets not located on a road have become almost invisible for the TGP's FLIR. And that's a tough one especially at night. And playing with the settings of the FLIR is very time-consuming and sometimes useless.

The Tank "toughness" only seems to be an issue vs the gun at the moment, for what I have experienced at least.

I created a couple of missions in the ME in 1.5.2, and 2. T90s, 80s, and 72s. The only time I had to make more than one run is when I was fighting with my pedals to line up, or I came in too shallow. With a solid approach it only took between 150-200 rounds on a single pass. It does appear that shot placement is more vital than it has been in the past. Both versions were consistent. Granted, that's on my setup. Maybe I'm just a lucky bugger.

Why is the rum always gone!?!?!?!

The gun is fine I kill the T-90 within 90 rounds under .7nm. And to not get damaged on the egress just do a decent jinking maneuver.

Edit

Start a run at more than 45 degrees nose down and to make sure the top reticle is aiming on the turret. Distance is a big factor to getting the kill, the closer in the less rounds are needed. I can get a track here in a bit

Edited by Thomas27

Here is the trk file. I used the weapon release info function in IFFCC to get how many rounds I fired. I think the gun in its current state is ok but the accuracy should be improved a bit. The gun run in the track was bit late but any further distance like .8nm would require maybe 30 more rounds. It just come down to knowing the threats, when they shoot, and their weakness. When it comes to the damage model I think it could use some tweaking as I think the plane is a little frail in the sim.

server-20160120-162822.trk

Edited by Thomas27

Funny thing, I don't even open fire if I am not behind and sufficient elevation at the moment, let alone anything more than 0.7/0.8

Seems strange how I never had a problem before recently killing tanks, clearly you are a far better gunner than us, simple as that it seems. I guess when the gun is on target, it isn't on the same target as yours lol.

Here is the trk file. I used the weapon release info function in IFFCC to get how many rounds I fired. I think the gun in its current state is ok but the accuracy should be improved a bit. The gun run in the track was bit late but any further distance like .8nm would require maybe 30 more rounds. It just come down to knowing the threats, when they shoot, and their weakness. When it comes to the damage model I think it could use some tweaking as I think the plane is a little frail in the sim.

server-20160120-162822.trk

My experience is that the A-10C is pretty resistant to missiles (at least small ones like AIM-9 or MANPADS) but very quickly gets shredded by guns. Doesn't help that all the russian APCs are crack shots with their 30mm.

My mission usually gets foiled by vehicles that fire green tracer because they're hard to see. On my ingress if I don't see tracer and if I'm 45* nose down I don't worry about it and that gets me killed every now and then. Egress I jink like hell and hope they don't get me. When I do get hit I think too much stuff gets knocked out for just a few 12.7mm rounds.

It is the 12.7mm's I am mostly talking about when I mention fragility to be honest Thomas, they seem a touch reliable at knocking out key systems consistently.....CDU, CICU, MFD's always and Engines nearly always getting hammered by those weapons, in my experience at least. :joystick:

Off for a mega mission again a massive squad of T90's shortly, see how it rolls this morning :D

Yeah.....Buddy

Took 3 passes of gun runs at within the 1.5 range to the side and rear of a sinhle T72 tank and no effect...just rolled off the field to a road like "oh yeah?" Also, dropped 2 Cbu 87s on a group of 3 APCs...no effect. Not even triggered. I think they may have grown wings and flown away. They work fine in 2.0 though:noexpression:

CBU-87s always seemed worthless to me, though.

even if you set HOF and RPM to very low values to make sure the spread is very tight, i've never had any luck reliably killing groups of light armor with them, which is the intended role i believe.

HE in general seems very weak.

CBU-87s always seemed worthless to me, though.

even if you set HOF and RPM to very low values to make sure the spread is very tight, i've never had any luck reliably killing groups of light armor with them, which is the intended role i believe.

HE in general seems very weak.

Never had problems with CBU. Are you sure you're not dropping below the HOF? 1800 can take care of a whole convoy with ease.

back when i used them often i would observe the split of the bomb and the resulting impact of the projectiles, however most times they would scatter harmlessly over a wide area; after that i set the HOF to 1500~ and the RPM to 500-1000, which reduced the area they were hitting in; however impact of the explosives still seemed to do negligible damage in many cases, even to essentially unarmored IFVs like the BMP-1.

edit: i could just be doing it wrong but i couldn't point out an area where that's possible. i've done CCIP/CCRP releases at many different altitudes against many different targets and never observed any really potent effect. -97, while harder to use (due to the parachute stage and therefore delayed release) seem absolutely murderous though. i just started using those instead of the -87.

Edited by Cik