2 questions - Radar question and AI question

ok 1st question:

Im trying to learn BVR on F15.. ive been trying to beat first couple campaign missions flawlessly.. heres the question...

Id be flying at the Mig 25's and 23s that are heading for me... id see a bunch of stuff on the radar.. I go into TWS (i think its called) mode... and lock on 4 of em... and wait to get in range... then all of a sudden I look to my left (maybe at like 10 o clock) there is another Mig at about 8nm away.. he doesnt show up on the radar.. and shoots me down.. because i was waitin to get in range with others.. i double check my radar.. nada not on the radar... the other ones are (15-20nm) away... i tried couple rounds and cant seem to see some fighters on the radar... any tips? what should I do?

Also.. when you are lockng on to them and everything do most of you slow speed down alot to give urself time to lock? so that you dont go into WVR too fast? cuz I usually put engines at 20% that way im not closing in too fast

Question #2:

Is this guy doing something i dont know about.. hes one of the Comp controlled aircraft and after I got shot down Id look around at other F15c's and there were 2 of them doing this... just flying couple feed above ground with air break out... away from the Migs... then after a while they would just go head first into the ground =/ screenshot

F15c2.jpg

It could be that they are above your FL32 scan hieght limit although not seeing any contrails means they would be at FL40 or higher..

Also it could be that they are outside of your radar angle. This is a vague guess cos i dont know the angle at which the radar beam projects forwards and up. i.e at which horizontal distance the radar can actually scan up to FL32 in your case (it doesn't start scanning between 8800 and FL32 from zero horizontal distance from your nose). I dont think this would be a problem though as they are most probably below FL26 (no contrails) and still at 8nm.

=IronAngels=

Http://www.ironangelslockonsquad.com

Iron Angels Lockon Squad

Iron Angels: The Proud, The Few, The Elite

ok thx for all responses I tried movnig the angles and I manage to see them now... thx

now more questions:

1) Why not always use the multi lock mode.. (CTRL + I) instead of standard mode where you can only lock on to 1 target?

2) What are these lines? usually there are like dashes for planes.. what are these? --> screenshot

hmm.jpg

You will see that when you are being jammed by the bad guys.

You can always try a Home On Jam (HOJ) missile shot. Problem is that you dont know how far away the enemy is. So you may waste a missile on a HOJ shot if the bad guy is out of range of the missile.

Your Wingmen. It can be tough to effectively manage them. They will often use afterburner to join up with you after takeoff unless you fly slowly and wait for them. They often seem to use afterburner lots of other times too. Once they are low on fuel they will leave the fight and go to the nearest friendly base and land leaving you on your own! In an air to air fight you can give your wingmen radio commands to split out left/right or High/Low. This can split the bandits up as they try to set themselves up to engage you. Do this well before anyone is in missile range, it is possible to get the bandits split into 2 groups. Then swing back into their lead group and engage them, telling your other group to do the same. You now have a temporary 2 to 1 advantage over the bandit lead group and hopefully can kill them before the 2nd bandit group can get close enough to help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

For God's sake, just skim the manual, if nothing else. Just look at the diagrams maybe. I'm all for helping new guys, but only ones who make an effort to help themselves first.

The F-15 Section is 27 pages. Read them.

I dont have a manual.. my game only came with a booklet with controlls. like 4 pages big.

if you arent going to help plz dont asnwer..

and thank you for those who helped

You can find the Manual under the Files-section of the main lockon.ru-page =) I highly suggest taking a look at it, as it's not only a good basis to have, but also because it sheds some light on tactics and the different weapon capabilities (although they're not always correct ingame :P)

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

there are just few really simply questions which can be quickly answered and save me time in looking for specific tutorial or looking through the manual.

You thought you had one three days ago.

Look in your LockOn folder for a sub folder named Doc.

You thought you had one three days ago.

Look in your LockOn folder for a sub folder named Doc.

found it in the folder along with a bunch of other things.. had to install Adobe reader tho... thank you

Learn to point your radar. dont just change the scan size on the radar screen and expect to pickup some blips.

You need to learn adjust your radar to a point in the sky/forward hemisphere.

For now.. get Reading! :P

dredd4hd0.jpg

---= 169th Panthers -Flt Lt.- =---

http://www.169thpanthers.com.au

tbdreddey7.png

AMD64 S939 3700 | 2GB Corsair DDR500 | 21" CRT

ATI Radeon X800Pro | 2x36GB WD Raptors | SB Audigy

TIR3 | TM-868 | X52 | CH Pedals | Creative 5.1 Spkrs

This reminds me of the discussion I had yeterday online. F-15 radars is too limited in this game in the sense its viewcone on the vertical plane it too tight, and there arent any aditional modes to try go arround this. It takes like 10 seconds to get a new contact on scope when you tilt the antenna. Now imagine if you suddenly get locked by a bandit at 20 miles you have missed, you start freneticaly tilting the antenna but you cant possibly scan all altitudes in time because the scopes refresh rate is too slow for the amount of tilts necessary.

This is a major spoiler for the F-15 and it started to cause more losses than the inefecteviness of the AMRAAM.

The Eagle needs a major overhaul in some BS patch, its realy urgent, every glitch of this game somehow ends up hurting it and augmenting the russian birds.

And Its not like I want it for MY plane, I fly them all.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

This reminds me of the discussion I had yeterday online. F-15 radars is too limited in this game in the sense its viewcone on the vertical plane it too tight, and there arent any aditional modes to try go arround this. It takes like 10 seconds to get a new contact on scope when you tilt the antenna. Now imagine if you suddenly get locked by a bandit at 20 miles you have missed, you start freneticaly tilting the antenna but you cant possibly scan all altitudes in time because the scopes refresh rate is too slow for the amount of tilts necessary.

This is a major spoiler for the F-15 and it started to cause more losses than the inefecteviness of the AMRAAM.

The Eagle needs a major overhaul in some BS patch, its realy urgent, every glitch of this game somehow ends up hurting it and augmenting the russian birds.

cant you change the search zone from 60 degrees to 30? making it refresh faster cuz it doesnt have to search too far?

but the vertical viewzone is the same still.

My PC specs below:

Seconded!!!

F-15/TWS/AMRAAMs were broken badly broken in the last patch ... please ED, pretty please ...

You will see that when you are being jammed by the bad guys.

You can always try a Home On Jam (HOJ) missile shot. Problem is that you dont know how far away the enemy is. So you may waste a missile on a HOJ shot if the bad guy is out of range of the missile.

Those jamming strobes could be a friendly also, it sucks to wait until burn through but you don't want to shoot your buddy down.

Duxa - Cali makes a valid point to consider when you begin flying on-line.

Also worth considering while you are still doing offline campaigns/missions where there are multiple flights (you will always know if your own flight has ECM on as you are controlling them with radio commands).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

I am also starting to learn the Eagle after flying only SUs since Flanker2.0 :-)

I had noticed these limitations you talked about. One other strange thing I noticed on the 15, in the TEWS I notice it "shifts" with airplane bank angle. Suppose you have a contact at 11 clock, you bank the airplane (but dont turn) to your left and the contact appears at 12! level the aircraft again and its back at 11. Its as if the TEWS doesnt compensate for bank angle, its supposed to be like this?

Other question.. in russian airplanes you had a simple IFF, it told you if it is friendly or not, circle for friendly, triangle for enemy on the radar display. The Eagle actually tells you what airplane it is?? a MIG29/23, SU27 you name it. How real is this? how could a radar tell what airplane it is?? surely this doesnt happen in real F15s? (am I missing something here??)

VascoS

the "shifts" also happen on the other planes as well.

My PC specs below:

I am also starting to learn the Eagle after flying only SUs since Flanker2.0 :-)

I had noticed these limitations you talked about. One other strange thing I noticed on the 15, in the TEWS I notice it "shifts" with airplane bank angle. Suppose you have a contact at 11 clock, you bank the airplane (but dont turn) to your left and the contact appears at 12! level the aircraft again and its back at 11. Its as if the TEWS doesnt compensate for bank angle, its supposed to be like this?

Other question.. in russian airplanes you had a simple IFF, it told you if it is friendly or not, circle for friendly, triangle for enemy on the radar display. The Eagle actually tells you what airplane it is?? a MIG29/23, SU27 you name it. How real is this? how could a radar tell what airplane it is?? surely this doesnt happen in real F15s? (am I missing something here??)

VascoS

Yes, it is very real. Some US aircraft (F-18, F-15, F-22, possibly F-16) use a radar technique that they call 'Non-Cooperatice Target Recognition' which uses properties of ther eturned signature to determine which aircraft they are tracking. Details of this system are highly classified.

The IFF problem on the F-15 is actually not a real problem, just an omission in LOMAC, as is the omission of automatic radar centering on the PDT in TWS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I don't have any future projects installed on my computer. But I do have an F-15 with no IFF, screwed up navigation, screwed up missiles and screwed up TWS mode. I also have SAMs that fire missiles in no particular direction and Strelas that shoot down mavericks. I also have an AWACS that gives me a pop-up group for the same flight 20 times.