Red flag campaign F-15C no key??

boedha68

Yup, cheers Noksi, all sorted.

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am "elected to receive this map for free" as ED states because I was in A10C beta testing back then. So I should get this Campaign as well, right? I have no serial option, no "more" button or anything. Having the Nevada map promised for years was "pre-purchased" enough to get free beta access. Are there just still some issues to solve and it might work tomorrow?

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

I am "elected to receive this map for free" as ED states because I was in A10C beta testing back then. So I should get this Campaign as well, right?

No, 'fraid not. The free campaign(s) apply to those who purchased the NTTR map separately when *it* was in pre-release

Skybird, Skybird, this is the SAC Command Post ... standby.

Standby by for an emergency action message in 4 parts......

(SAC Trained Killer here)

[sigpic][/sigpic]

US Air Force Retired, 1C371

No rank or title will ever be as important as the unit patch you wear.

No, 'fraid not. The free campaign(s) apply to those who purchased the NTTR map separately when *it* was in pre-release

you Sure? Because having technically paid for it 5 years ago did qualify me for beta and pre-release. Why would I have less right to obtain it than people paying 5 years later?

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

-->

Correct me if I'm wrong but what does the F-15 campaign has to do with your A-10C ? Me things you get the 2nd Red Flag campaign (the one for the A-10) for free but not this one.

The Nevada map was supposed to be released around 2010 with the A10C.

Then for several reasons got delayed and redone. And People who were in the A10C beta always got promised to get the Nevada map "for free" because of that. ED kept their word and since 5 years definitely qualify as per-purchased they gave us Nevada Beta access and every feature of per-purshase.

The campaign is declared the same way so I think it is at least reasonable to think still being in the same position.

Moments in DCS:

-->

Thank you for that info!

The way they reasoned and declared "per-purchase" it would have been included to me. Its cool, it wasn't about the money.

I gladly pay 10 bucks for a good campaign.

cheers

Moments in DCS:

-->

Thanks Noksi! I also bought mine the 11-09. At first I tried your method and waited a little while but nothing changed. Then about 5 minutes later, the module became available in my game.

In case anyone else has tried this method and is confused, make sure you're on the dcs website when accessing the store - in order to click the more button. It won't be visible in the game module manager until after this step is complete.

Like I already have said to Daznblast in another thread: if you have no key: go to the store, click "more" on the campaign, "show serial number", grap your key.

Next (not sure if necessary but it's what I did) check the number with the licence check in your options at the store/page.

Afterwards, sooner or later, the store should change to "bought" and again sooner or later your module manager should tell you the campaign is ready for download.

Q: I bought mine on Dec. 1st, the last day when it was on pre-sale before the price went up and the map got available.

Am I receiving it for free ?

Transaction: N277880D20151xxxxxxx von 01.12.2015 11:33:05 49.99US$

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

How did you guys activate it? I got the serial key, it's bound to my account and installed in DCS Module manager. But when i tried to play the campaign i got this message "This mission requires activation." So i used the activation program located in campaign's folder and used one of my 3 activations. Still not activated in DCS.

Thanks Noksi! I also bought mine the 11-09. At first I tried your method and waited a little while but nothing changed. Then about 5 minutes later, the module became available in my game.

In case anyone else has tried this method and is confused, make sure you're on the dcs website when accessing the store - in order to click the more button. It won't be visible in the game module manager until after this step is complete.

On my end there was around 1 hour between getting the serial and starting DCS for the 1st time afterwards so be patient after you got your serial. And I thought it's self-explaining that you have to be at the store (and logged-in into your account at the ED store), sorry if it wasn't obvious. :-)

Q: I bought mine on Dec. 1st, the last day when it was on pre-sale before the price went up and the map got available.

Am I receiving it for free ?

Well, it said prior to Dec. 1st, not up to, isn't it (I don't know) ? But maybe you are lucky.

edit: skip the above, I mixed up Dec. and Oct ... see next post.

How did you guys activate it? I got the serial key, it's bound to my account and installed in DCS Module manager. But when i tried to play the campaign i got this message "This mission requires activation." So i used the activation program located in campaign's folder and used one of my 3 activations. Still not activated in DCS.

Yes, the first time you start the 1st mission of course you have to enter your serial number. But there should have popped up the typical enter/activate your serial number window. Have you tried that yet ? You might have screwed it up now with the separate activation program but of course I don't know.

Edited by Noksi

edit: just remembered, think I read somewhere: prior to Oct., 1st you get both campaigns for free, afterwards there should have been option to choose one of the two. Don't ask me about the link (at least it was here at the forum) and don't quote me to it, this is how I remember it but I might be wrong.

lol, it's message #25 in this thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2644902&postcount=25

so BitMaster, there should have been an option for you to choose, maybe you chose the A-10C one ?

Edited by Noksi

Yes, the first time you start the 1st mission of course you have to enter your serial number. But there should have popped up the typical enter/activate your serial number window. Have you tried that yet ? You might have screwed it up now with the separate activation program but of course I don't know.

Not sure what was wrong, but unbinding the serial from my account and computer + uninstall the campaign to then reactivate/install everything back, fixed the activation issues.

I got a similar issue, I have the key , it is bound to my account according to the website, but the module manager give me the price instead of install button.

Did I miss a step ?

edit : refreshed ingame and then i got it

Thanks

Edited by Neon67

Will I have to re-activate everything after upgrading to Win10? 3 activations for a campaign seem a bit too few in the long run.

Beside that, I can only try to get a serial for the F15 campaign (haven pressed get serial yet). Id prefer the A10 campaign but Im not allowed to choose anywhere. Will the choosing process also get fixed?

Bought Nevada in November

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

I cant remember to have chosen anything tbh. Thank you so far, I will hang on and see, actually i have never played a single campaign but buy them to support ED.

Thanks for your input ;)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

edit: just remembered, think I read somewhere: prior to Oct., 1st you get both campaigns for free, afterwards there should have been option to choose one of the two. Don't ask me about the link (at least it was here at the forum) and don't quote me to it, this is how I remember it but I might be wrong.

lol, it's message #25 in this thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2644902&postcount=25

so BitMaster, there should have been an option for you to choose, maybe you chose the A-10C one ?

...you know what...that could well be...I think I got that A-10 campaign somewhere along with a reinstall of some DCS branch and must have misunderstood it's origin.

If with A-10 campaign you mean the Enemy Within Campaign than it's a different campaign, has nothing to with the 2 Red Flag Campaigns, the one for the F15 which is already available one one Red Flag for the A-10 which isn't available yet.

If with A-10 campaign you mean the Enemy Within Campaign than it's a different campaign, has nothing to with the 2 Red Flag Campaigns, the one for the F15 which is already available one one Red Flag for the A-10 which isn't available yet.

So if I prefer the A-10 campaign I shouldnt unlock the key and I ll be safe to choose when the A10 RF campaign is out?

Id already unlock the F15 campaign but only if the F15 would be to upgraded closer to full DCS standards

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant