Starforce

Hey, I'm big fan of LOMAC and I am comsidering upgrading to FC, one thing that worries me about the upgrade is I'v heard that it comes with starforce.

I'v had experience with starforce in the past and it not letting me play the games I'v payed for, I was just wondering how starforce works on the downloadable version of Flaming Cliffs.

I don't want to pay for the game then not be able to play just because I have Deamon tools/Alchahol 120% installed on my computer.

Not to stear you away, but i have expeirienced some troubles. I dont know what those programs you are talking about are, but my dad used to have troubles burning dvd's and cd's of all kinds. He doesnt anymore with the newest starforce, so i recommend to give it a shot, besides, it is only like 15$ now, right?

Not to stear you away, but i have expeirienced some troubles. I dont know what those programs you are talking about are, but my dad used to have troubles burning dvd's and cd's of all kinds. He doesnt anymore with the newest starforce, so i recommend to give it a shot, besides, it is only like 15$ now, right?

outpost.com or at your local Fry's 19.99$

I don't think you can ask for refund for the downloadable version. But, if you encounter problems just don't panic and ask for help.

I didn't experience any problem but, two squad mates had a minor issue when two or three times at game start the protection ask for another activation. Luckly for them I was on TS waiting for them in the server and I was fast enough to press "Alt-3" (the panic button) :D and "order" them to reboot canceling the reactivation. Everything went ok after reboot and lately the problem didn't occur anymore.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Starforce failed on my system some time ago.after a few emails back and forth customer support gave me a registry fix..it worked, but a month later

I built a new system starforce failed again after 1 activation, tbh I havent even bothered trying to fix it this time

Ill wait till bs comes out and try it, I'm hoping they fix starforce in b.s.

Actually I would appreciate it if anyone has info re starforce being changed to

to fix the dual core amd system problem as I feel a lot of people will get frustrated by the current remedy where you get a couple of emails telling you all the standard stuff before they realise what you are actually saying and give you the fix (maybe language problems come into play here)

Anyway, you will find most people dont have a problem with it, this is just my experiance

oo err...missus:animals_bunny:

** Anti-Pastie**

I don't want to pay for the game then not be able to play just because I have Deamon tools/Alchahol 120% installed on my computer.
I don't have those programs you are talking about, however, I've never had (noticed) any problems with Starforce. Make sure you get registry utility so if you need to reformat C, you don't loose activation.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I was just wondering how starforce works on the downloadable version of Flaming Cliffs.

It works like a charm.

I recommend getting web version instead of CD version.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I have a small problem which I assume is SF, not sure though - if I have Teamspeak running as I start FC, everything that I say becomes scrambled. I can still hear everyone else. This only happens to me, nobody else seems to have the problem though. One other problem, but I can't say whether it's SF or not, so I won't mention it.

TeamSpeak works very well for me and others with Flaming Cliffs. Your problem has nothing to do with StarForce. Maybe you have some bad onboard sound card.

tail# 44 or 444

Running both Daemontools and FC here, without any issues with Starforce at all. Have multiple Starforce-games (FC, X2:The Threat), none have issues what so ever =)

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

I've just started having problems with starforce. It's telling me I need a new activation key before I can load the game. I emailed starforce only to find out that I need to contact the maker of the game.. I've emailed the tech help here but I haven't heard from them yet...

I have a small problem which I assume is SF, not sure though - if I have Teamspeak running as I start FC, everything that I say becomes scrambled. I can still hear everyone else. This only happens to me, nobody else seems to have the problem though. One other problem, but I can't say whether it's SF or not, so I won't mention it.

If it clears up after the mission is running, it's normal. While the game is loading many of us get comms that are "breaking up".

Yeh..comms break-up during game loading is quite normal in my experience

Goya.....the 551/77 ..must have been seeing your posts here scrambled in my brain:doh:

oo err...missus:animals_bunny:

** Anti-Pastie**

TeamSpeak works very well for me and others with Flaming Cliffs. Your problem has nothing to do with StarForce. Maybe you have some bad onboard sound card.

Yeah, like I said - Not sure. Nonetheless, it only does it when FC does the initial SF check, and nowhere else, on no other game that I use TS with. Soundcard works 100% all the time with everything else too. Still, I can't be sure, the usual bane of SF complaints. You can never be 100% completely sure that it was *definately* SF, and all pro SF people ALWAYS bring this up. So thanks for the obvious rebuttal, I guess if you hadn't said it, somebody else would have.

If it clears up after the mission is running, it's normal. While the game is loading many of us get comms that are "breaking up".

No, it's not that, I know what you mean - the sound does sometimes 'break up', but ALL my transmissions become a digital sounding scrambled noise. I can still hear everyone fine though.

As I said, it might not be SF. But based on the time at which it occurs, I suspected it was. And, as I said again, it only happens to me, and none of the other guys I fly online with.

Thanks for all the replies guys and I'm sorry about all the questions, but here's another one.

from what I've read, you seem to only get a certain number of "activations" for your DL-ed FC, how exactly do you go about getting more after all the activations are used?

I dunno, maybe I worry to much.

I don't have the download version because it had those activations thing, made me feel kinda uneasy. But i heard you get up to 15 activation after the latest patch 1.12a and once you run out, you e-mail them and they will give u a new set of keys. Personally, that is why i bought the cd version. the only thing on that is put in the cd once a week. And you don't have to install anything extra. For example in the download version you need to install the season pack after the install, the cd version does not. Plus i like to have a hard copy of FC, makes me feel like i own the game rather than the activations. Also, in the worst case scenerio, what if there's a time when ED is not there or your internet goes down, then you can't get any activations, whereas the cd version you can keep going. Anyway, to get a cd version, you can order one from naturalpoint.com, or if you don't want to wait or something run down to a store and pick up lock on gold, it has both the original and fc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, like I said - Not sure. Nonetheless, it only does it when FC does the initial SF check, and nowhere else, on no other game that I use TS with. Soundcard works 100% all the time with everything else too. Still, I can't be sure

I'd definately contact SF support if I were you, and send them your complete system report. It does sound fishy. There might be rare conflict of some sort.

tail# 44 or 444

Thanks for all the replies guys and I'm sorry about all the questions, but here's another one.

from what I've read, you seem to only get a certain number of "activations" for your DL-ed FC, how exactly do you go about getting more after all the activations are used?

I dunno, maybe I worry to much.

There is an utility on the main site that just backs up your activation keys so if you reinstall windows you can reinsert into the registry those keys before fireing up the game first time (after reinstall that is). Actualy when you uninstall Lock On if you have that utility it will prompt you to back up your keys.

Now. It is recomended you install Lock On in other partition than C: (windows system drive), It is recomended you back up your Lock On downloaded install files and utils and "Backed Up Registry Settings" on a disc just in case.

Also if your hardware configuration changes with some amount (if you change Mother board, CPU, video card, HDD etc) you will be prompted to reactivate and you must do it. After that you can back up your new registry settings.

ACTUALY those 15 activations are for this purpose, normaly you shouldn't lose activations if you dont change your PC config and you back up your files and registrys.

I had reinstalled my windows after 2 years and remade my partitions (windows was on D now is on C, sizes etc) and after reinstalling the game I inserted the backed up registry then fired the game... no problem.

Just remember... don't panic! Panic kills (I should make an autocolant with those words and stick it on my monitor :D )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Hopefully ED will choose a protection system that won't interfere with peoples systems as much as SF. I know of a few people who are unhappy with it as its stopped cd drives from working(in one case 4 pcs cd drives). On my own system it no longer plays audio cds although I am unsure if this due to SF or the drive/system issue.:doh: One thing is that any future protection system must be fully safe for the user, fully tested and not cause any interference to hardware or the PCs own capabilitys. It should uninstall when the game uninstalls as well. I'm all for copy protection which SF is the best I've seen yet but the PCs own capabilities shouldn't be reduced because of it.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]