Single player communication with wingman

CAMERAMAN

Hit the COM2 and then use the communications menu (\) to make communication with your wingman - COM1 for airfields. I too thought that just selecting COM2 would make the comms menu appear but it does not, you still have to open it manually (I use a switch on my Warthog HOTAS for both Com1 and Com2). If you don't select the proper radio then you will simply get no reply.

Good day,

DrDetroit

I have noticed that your commands to your wingman may take too long to be told to him. Sometimes after a minute when the command is no more valid.

I noticed also that some commands dont work. If you tell him engage bandits he would, but if you tell him engage my target, the command simply wouldnt be told at all.

Hit the COM2 and then use the communications menu (\) to make communication with your wingman - COM1 for airfields. I too thought that just selecting COM2 would make the comms menu appear but it does not, you still have to open it manually (I use a switch on my Warthog HOTAS for both Com1 and Com2). If you don't select the proper radio then you will simply get no reply.

Good day,

DrDetroit

Thanks for the confirmation. UHF radio set to on, radio selector set to Com2 & (\) to open communiction, but didn't receive a response from my wingman. Will try another single player mission

Thanks for the confirmation. UHF radio set to on, radio selector set to Com2 & (\) to open communiction, but didn't receive a response from my wingman. Will try another single player mission

By the way, I found that Main and Aux key binding are inverted. When I click on the Main keybinding I communicate through Aux and vice versa. check out this as well.

How do you communicate with wingman on single player missions? I've tried selecting 2 for desired radio using the AMPLIS selector switch.

“1” for COM1 (V/UHF)

“2” for COM2 (UHF)

Am I missing something or is this bugged?

Ok, I`ve tried selecting COM 2 amplis & hitting (\). Surely this should bring up the UHF communication menu & not V/UHF? I`ve missed something I`m sure. Toggling the amplis to either COM 1 OR COM 2 does nothing - Wingmen do not respond!

TomCatMucDe -What key bindings are you using Aux & main? :helpsmilie:

I have a Warthog, I set them on the Boat Switch.

As I said in my previous post, I found that not all commands work. Try Attack Bandits, this one works for sure. Attack My Target didn't work for me.

Also do the test when you are alone with your wingman, I noticed that the command would take too long if there are other comms going on. So the best is to set an unarmed bandit, you and your armed wingman, then give him Attack Bandit command. It should work.

I have a Warthog, I set them on the Boat Switch.

As I said in my previous post, I found that not all commands work. Try Attack Bandits, this one works for sure. Attack My Target didn't work for me.

Also do the test when you are alone with your wingman, I noticed that the command would take too long if there are other comms going on. So the best is to set an unarmed bandit, you and your armed wingman, then give him Attack Bandit command. It should work.

Thanks - I have discovered what you were saying about main radio & aux radio key bindings being switched. So this is what I have deduced.

MAIN RADIO - (V/UHF) LSHIFT+NUM+

- AMPLITUDE SETTING (COM 1) FOR GENERAL COMMS

AUX RADIO - (UHF) LALT+NUM- MUST BE ENTERED TO SWITCH TO UHF MENU. USING (\)

WILL OPEN THE UHF COMM MENU

- AMPLITUDE SET TO (COM2) FOR UHF

TO SWITCH BACK TO MAIN MENU HIT L/CTRL+\ FOR v/UHF & AMPLITUDE SET TO (COM1)