M-2000C English Cockpit Mod

gospadin

Mostly as an experiment to see if I could do it, I went ahead and made an English cockpit mod for the M-2000C. I know RAZBAM is doing their own, but I'm having so much fun with this plane I didn't want to wait. =P

Latest download link:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1703066/

Note that these are mostly based on a mix of google translate and pictures from both a Mirage 2000-C (RDM) and a Mirage 2000-5Mk2 from the HAF. Our real M-2000C english cockpit will likely be slightly different.

Source material linked in these threads:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2545694#post2545694

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2545708#post2545708

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2546197#post2546197

Screenshot gallery (of version 0.1) is here:

http://imgur.com/a/xxBpx

The mod may be downloaded from here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1703066/

hj63UMV.jpg

Please select "EN by gospadin" from the cockpit selection menu in the Special options tab for the M-2000C.

Thanks to all the folks who gave feedback and pictures, especially jaguara5 and Azrayen, and Devrim for the inspiration. Thanks to uboats for writing the installer script support.

Version 0.93 has been tested in NTTR 2.1

--gos

Versions:

• 0.1: (6 Jan 2016) Initial version
  • 0.2: (7 Jan 2016) Fixes: Full english under RWR, "LP MAIN COCK" cutoff switch, full English on countermeasure control panel, removed HNAV button from autopilot panel, "GUN RKT. S 530" now on weapons control panel.
  • 0.3: (7 Jan 2016) HUD control panel fixes
  • 0.4: (7 Jan 2016) Tweak to lower brightness of un-lit airbrake/NWS/brake indicators
  • 0.5: (8 Jan 2016) A huge thanks to uboats, this version now installs as a packaged cockpit livery that can be selected from the Special options menu for M-2000C.
  • 0.6: (12 Jan 2016) Updated the UHF, V/UHF, and Radar panels based on the french manual and some forum photos of the radar control panel.
  • 0.7: (25 Jan 2016) Update for 1.5.2.49392, with various .lua collision fixes based on RAZBAM's latest changes. Changed text on Hydraulic pressure gauge: ANC/Ancillary and EmB/Emergency Brake, and fixed backlighting alignment on the G meter (though it still doesn't work properly).
  • 0.8: (8 Feb 2016) Updated for 2.0.1.49921.15, re-did all the primary alpha channels to be compatible with RAZBAM's sunlight interaction with cockpit backlighting, and changed description.lua to match the new material names. Un-did 0.7's backlighting alignment change on the G-meter as it's now fixed in the UV unwrap. Updated entry.lua to include RAZBAM's new base texture path for the cockpit. Small texture updates based on RAZBAM's latest default textures.
  • 0.85: (13 Mar 2016) Updated for 1.5.3.51171.34, updated the relight procedure and canopy placards. Added missing identifier for the middle position of the IFF mode switch. SERPAM (flight data recorder) switch now labeled in English. Small tweaks to livery setup lua files.
  • 0.86: (1 Apr 2016) Updated the LUA code to work with RAZBAM's option setup changes in DCS open beta 1.5.3.51870.58 (1.5.3 update 3). No other changes.
  • 0.87: (1 May 2016) Removed the change to entry.lua, it's no longer needed and was causing an "Integrity Check Failure" in multiplayer. Cockpit dropdown now says "EN by gospadin" to fit within the box.
  • 0.90: (3 Sep 2016) Updated the L2 "LIGHTS" materials. Now compatible with 1.5.4 / 2.0.3.
  • 0.91: (4 Sep 2016) Fix the per-tank low fuel lamps.
  • 0.92: (8 July 2017) Resync with RAZBAM base textures in 1.5.7.7473.311 open beta. Fixes alpha/theta symbols, refueling probe text, and a few lamps.
  • 0.93: (4 Sep 2017) Resync with latest material names from RAZBAM. Fixes all warning lamps and adds proper alpha layer to countermeasure panel.

Edited by gospadin
  • Like 3

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Photo from the HUD pedestal panel.

Haven't tried the mod yet, from the posted preview photos the

AfterBurner cutoff switch (no. 43 in razbam's manual, nexto to EMER OIl switch) should be :

[switch]

AB

OFF

2017461740_2016-01-0721_32_51.thumb.jpg.b87fd5a1e9dad48ef6e98d66bdeb3a35.jpg

Edited by jaguara5

Excellent work. Thank-you very much for doing this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Thanks! :thumbup:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does this also fix the lack of Mipmaps like this one does? : http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2617607&postcount=26

I generated full mipmaps (12? down to single pixel) for the modified cockpit textures, files 4C, 6C, 8C, 9C, 10C, 11C and 12C, plus the L2 light map and alpha channel. This covers all the textures with text or gauges or indicators.

Things like the ejection seat I didn't touch, and I also didn't touch the cockpit interior that's behind the pilot or the canopy frame.

Most of the previous flickering (as I understood it) was on the edges of the lit gauges, which thus should be resolved.

I generated full mipmaps (12? down to single pixel) for the modified cockpit textures, files 4C, 6C, 8C, 9C, 10C, 11C and 12C, plus the L2 light map and alpha channel. This covers all the textures with text or gauges or indicators.

Things like the ejection seat I didn't touch, and I also didn't touch the cockpit interior that's behind the pilot or the canopy frame.

Most of the previous flickering (as I understood it) was on the edges of the lit gauges, which thus should be resolved.

Awesome, will give it a shot then!:pilotfly:

here is the customized cockpit script for m-2000

you should put your english dds into english folder under livery/m-2000c-cpt/english

and modify the lua accordingly that, if it includes 4 customized dds files, in the lua, change the true to false for all lines that require those 4 files

M-2000C English Cockpit Script.zip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Not sure what you mean. I'm just re-using the base textures with a copy/paste to cover up the old text. Maybe they look clearer because I'm generating the mipmaps?

yes. Orginal ones are a big mess on the Rift

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

here is the customized cockpit script for m-2000

you should put your english dds into english folder under livery/m-2000c-cpt/english

and modify the lua accordingly that, if it includes 4 customized dds files, in the lua, change the true to false for all lines that require those 4 files

Thanks a ton!

I've uploaded version 0.5 built into the scripts you gave me:

Id2ofaf.png

Hi gospadin

i wonder if you can help, i got this working perfectly in DCS 1.5 but i cant seen to get this working in DCS 2.0,

i have installed both the same, but in dcs 2.0 under settings i cant change to 'english by gospadin' i cant even see Default in the box

any ideas Sir :)

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

yea, i think i know what's going on

give me a bit to tweak it please

Edit: I looked over the mod, double checked the diffs, and tested it in 2.0.0.48763/NTTR, and it worked just fine for me. Maybe you have another mod installed that is causing the issue? Can you double-check it's installed with JSGME?

Edited by gospadin

yea, i think i know what's going on

give me a bit to tweak it please

Edit: I looked over the mod, double checked the diffs, and tested it in 2.0.0.48763/NTTR, and it worked just fine for me. Maybe you have another mod installed that is causing the issue? Can you double-check it's installed with JSGME?

hi mate. I did use jsgme. however I will have another look :)

that you

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2