AIM9M on the M2000C! (Simple Mod)

I'm a bit puzzled...

What are you trying to achieve, guys, with such mods?

Honest question, no judgment.

Is it for fun, to learn how DCS works internally, or do you foresee a practical/combat use in the sim?

Shouldn't be that hard to figure out, Azrayen. Between the Magic II sucking and the ability to carry two extra missiles, the reasons for using the mod are obvious :)

Edited by Hook47

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if the BLU-107 Durandal can be modded on? I want to try but I do not know the lau code for it.

No you only can use modded aim9 thats all. You can mount everything on the magic pylons and the mirage thinks its a magic and let you fire them but its completly useless cause you only have the radar seeking mode from the magic. Even if you mount there a 120c or sonthing else.

If you only want to mount the blu-107 for asthetic reasons then this schoud be no problem

{ CLSID = "{752B9781-F962-11d5-9190-00A0249B6F00}" }, --BLU-107

Edited by whaaw

SFMBE

No you only can use modded aim9 thats all. You can mount everything on the magic pylons and the mirage thinks its a magic and let you fire them but its completly useless cause you only have the radar seeking mode from the magic. Even if you mount there a 120c or sonthing else.

If you only want to mount the blu-107 for asthetic reasons then this schoud be no problem

No problem, it was worth a tinker!!!

Thanks a ton for this, it has brought the mirage to a whole new level for me!

No problem, it was worth a tinker!!!

Thanks a ton for this, it has brought the mirage to a whole new level for me!

It was not my idea i just tring to help.

I also added the blu code in my post above

Have a nice day

SFMBE

;2632806']0guQGB0.jpg

For the time being we are allowing this on our Dedicated Server!

Have fun!

More details - http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2632754&postcount=643

Great news! Much Appreciated! :thumbup:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Mirage can use this MOD on the TAW public servers as well (DCS 1.5 and DCS 2.0). Same rules as the 104th!

OUTER PYLONS ONLY!

Yes! It's great to see the community pulling together on this one :thumbup:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Shouldn't be that hard to figure out, Azrayen. Between the Magic II sucking and the ability to carry two extra missiles, the reasons for using the mod are obvious :)

Well, they weren't to me :)

I sure would like the 550 to have their "brake chute" dismantled, but I can wait (not that much time to fly, anyway).

I guess now that some servers allowed it, the mod is more useful than I thought, as a "stop-gap". :)

But I must say I dislike the twin pylons idea. Sure, it's more powerful, but it feels (to me) a bit too far from the real aircraft, whoose limitations I would like to master.

spacer.png

you want 2 extra missiles on the Mirage even if it is in real not capable to do so?

It is your choice to want it to become an arcade game, I sincerely hope DCS remains a simulator of real aircrafts.

• Like 1

Well, they weren't to me :)

I sure would like the 550 to have their "brake chute" dismantled, but I can wait (not that much time to fly, anyway).

I guess now that some servers allowed it, the mod is more useful than I thought, as a "stop-gap". :)

But I must say I dislike the twin pylons idea. Sure, it's more powerful, but it feels (to me) a bit too far from the real aircraft, whoose limitations I would like to master.

not everybody is about realism as it appears. give them them a fictional AIM520 with 300 km range self locking and they will take it

Depends on the change, I guess.

Replacing a (currently "broken") Magic by its american equivalent: why not :)

Multiplying the number of missiles (or adding exotic missiles): yes, it does make it more "arcade" than "simulation"; and there is nothing wrong with that, it's just not the same goal :)

spacer.png

So changing the load to one that isn't used IRL suddenly makes it arcade.

Mate, you need to get out more.

before you freak out and start throwing answers, read the post that I was answering

Mounting an AIM9M can be acceptable since any Mirage country operator can do that and the real aircraft tecnically allow that.

Mounting 2 extra missiles is NOT possible on the Mirage-2000C in real. So yes doing so, is arcade.

Your raging and whining isn't wanted here, go find another thread to troll and start endless argument about some off the wall hyperbole. In the mean time we will be enjoying this mod thanks to the OP and others.

lol, are you regulating the thread now? stay on topic please

Your raging and whining isn't wanted here, go find another thread to troll and start endless argument about some off the wall hyperbole. In the mean time we will be enjoying this mod thanks to the OP and others. It's amusing to me how much this seems to bother you.

Yes, you do need to get out more, and spend less time on the forums... If you seriously think adding a Lau7 to a mirage pylon turns the game into war thunder that is laughable.

Arcade guys??? Really? Do you seriously think it would be mechanically impossible to mount twin launchers on the Mirage? Considering the field mods I've seen on US aircraft that we're done in remote places without even having the right equipment, you people are demonstrating total lack of imagination. I don't care it is was done in real life, It could have been... And I personally enjoy believable what if scenarios in a simulation that contains a metric crap ton of what if scenarios... It's not like we are mounting a CIWS one of the pylons.....

Oh, also did you miss the whole MOD thing? if you don't like it, DONT use it and go chat on another thread!

behaving aggressively again. Anyone has the right to post his opinion and your attacks are totally childish.

there was and there is no LAU on the Mirage in real, a mod that is doing just that, is an arcade mod. it is fine if you wanna fly arcade, it is your right.

and i am not talking about the outer pilon AIM9, i m talking about LAU and having AIM9 on all pylons.

behaving aggressively again. Anyone has the right to post his opinion and your attacks are totally childish.

there was and there is no LAU on the Mirage in real, a mod that is doing just that, is an arcade mod. it is fine if you wanna fly arcade, it is your right.

and i am not talking about the outer pilon AIM9, i m talking about LAU and having AIM9 on all pylons.

Childish is showing up to a mod thread with no other goal in mind but to whine about people using the mod and how arcadey it is, then making totally unfounded statements about people wanting "AIM 520s" or whatever. I know you can't stand the idea of some people using a load out you don't approve of for their own enjoyment, but try to deal with it. You seriously accuse me of getting off topic when you are here to derail the thread? I'm done acknowledging your trolling beyond this point.

Once again, BACK on topic...

For what it is worth I'm glad the 104 has adopted the mod. After flying on it a bit I feel much more viable with the sidewinder backing me up, although I'm assuming we shouldn't use the Lau7 on the 104th?

Edited by Hook47

You are coming in this mod thread talk about realism engage ohter people for what? there was not 1 sentence from you who would help someone just bla bla. This is not a discussion thread this a mod thread so take it or leave it....

SFMBE

Guys keep it respectful please. No need to give the admins ammunition to close the thread down.

I agree with Azrayenl, I want to learn the aircraft to its RL limitations which is why I'm going to stick with using the AIM9M on the outer pylons only until the Magic II is fixed. Thankfully now that the TAW and 104th are allowing it's use, this is going to be even more fun.

Still I also respect Ramsey's opinion, if he or anyone else wants to take this mod further, I say let them and all the more power to them. :thumbup:

Guys keep it respectful please. No need to give the admins ammunition to close the thread down.

I agree with Azrayenl, I want to learn the aircraft to its RL limitations which is why I'm going to stick with using the AIM9M on the outer pylons only until the Magic II is fixed. Thankfully now that the TAW and 104th are allowing it's use, this is going to be even more fun.

Still I also respect Ramsey's opinion, if he or anyone else wants to take this mod further, I say let them and all the more power to them. :thumbup:

Appreciate that. Ironically I'm using the aim 9 on a single pylon for the most part, but I like the options to give it a little more teeth in a believable way. As you can see I'm trying to keep things on the topic and off certain angry parties. I'll let it go

I really think "outer pylons only" meant you aren't adding two more missiles, but replacing the existing SRMs...?

I don't follow, are you talking about on the 104th? If so then Yea that is what I figured but I didn't see a clear statement so I was wondering. I'll keep it down to two each online just to be safe

i also think we have to make a difference here OP did not talk about the LAU-7 2xAIM9m

the mod is clearly for one per pylon.

I did bring up the LAU-7 because someone was requesting it. i think People read this thread and think we all fly with 4 AIMs but this mod is not for that. this mod was for replacing the magic with the aims.

I also use the LAU-7 (In SP) to take all the tanks and also have 4 missiles. but of course not in MP.

I think it is clear to not use the LAU-7 on Multiplayer server. Otherweise when someone comes for me, and he dont have the super 530 only 4 aim9 i wouldnt be angry.

Edited by whaaw

SFMBE