Loss of steering in taxi & gear won't raise

pwrmx24

Just got the 1.2 to 1.5.2 update through the updater (standalone). Me and a friend playing FC3 on multiplayer here at the house both in A-10C (two separate licenses). On two separate occasions I lose nose steering then he did. I also could not raise the gear. "g" was bound correctly.

Any ideas? Since 1.5.2 is out of Beta (I presume) is this where we post issues?

Thanks.

ASUS Z87-PRO, I5-4690K OC to 4.5, 16gb G-Skill, ASUS GTX-970, 3x32" Samsung 1080p TVs, TrackIR 5, Cougar MFD, Logitech Extreme 3D, 250Gb Samsung SSD, 2 TB WD Black

1. In A-10C: NWS mode on or off? (HOTAS stick pinky switch)

2. Have you damaged your landing gear or lost hyd pressure to operate it?

A-10C is not part of FC3 module, but A-10A is.

So are you flying A-10C module in latest DCSW 1.5.2 version?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Hello - pardon me for jumping into this this thread, but I am experiencing this non-steering problem in the A-10A, and have the latest DCSW 1.5.2 installed. I have the rudder configured to my Saitek rudder pedals....works for steering in the F15/SU-27/etc., but not the A-10A. I haven't gotten off the ground with it yet, so cannot comment on gear up/gear down issue experienced above. (I use the A-10C's nosewheel steering without a problem in that plane). Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim B

R/W Cessna C172 Pilot

Captain, SWVA NorCal Hub

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic84041_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm having the same, but intermittently. The rudders are moving but the nosewheel will not so I can not taxy. It's odd, sometimes it can be corrected by switching to another aircraft other times I've had to restart the game, other times nothing seems to fix it. I've only had FC3 for a couple of days so I thought I must be doing something wrong (that's what I came here to check).

(Also the Zoom function doesn't work)

OD

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

Assuming you are not in the A-10 C and just forgot to turn on nose wheel steering and your plane is not damaged (check the hydraulic pressure gauges) the problem may be input configuration or hardware.

It is not always the case, but the most common reason for strange input responses is having multiple controls bound to the same function.

So check your keybinds and controller binds as a first step. Be very thorough, for example check mouse, stick, throttle, keyboard, etc. Some of the controls can be accidentally bound to things that you wouldn't normally think to check.

Faults in the input hardware is probably the next most common cause.

Once those have been checked and eliminated as causes it's time to start thinking about trying a repair of DCS, digging around in relevant LUA files, and possibly reporting a bug.

Edited by esb77

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.

Hi,

The A-10A doesn't have a nosewheel lock (that I am aware of), it just works. It's undamaged as I've just spawned in.

The key binds are not conflicted, so I am at a bit of a loss. It works most of the time, but it happened again last night while I was online and I ended up having to quit DCS for at least half an hour before it would work again. :(

I'm reading up on the A-10C (which I do have) so that I can start to work out the systems and how to use it all properly (at the moment I can fly it fine, but I don't know how to lock up target or properly use the nav mode).

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

In FC3, I'd just try loading one of the other aircraft, and see if they steer OK. That will confirm you have the controls bound correctly. If that checks out and then you still can't get the A-10A steering working, just try a reboot or restart, and that may clear it.

If all else fails, try a re-install of FC3. It may just be a corrupt install.