CCRP also Far to incorrect aswell as CCIP

GottHold

I tried now for 5hours to bring The Mk82 SE and normal into target but all bombs were far off the target like in a radius off 200m around the target. And now im pretty sure its not me beeing dumb. Just read the Manual severel times. And i also recorded.

I dont want to trashtalk but i had better bomb results with my 109 in my first attempts then with the high tech alignment of the m2k :S

please fix.

Edit: Btw is it really that way that you cant choose CCIP or CCRP on flight? And if you re on ccrp you have to push your nose down under the target in order to make the target point on the target? On top of that the TGT point setting is also really inaccurate.

Edited by GottHold

Have a nice day!

A few threads about this cropped up already but I wonder, is it just us having expectations that just may not always align with reality?

I think about it, this isn't a Mirage 2000D with dedicated attack systems. This is the fighter Mirage, from mid 80s, and with A-G as an after thought of sorts. May be it just isn't pinpoint accurate in attack role and require very specific and precise methods of attack for high accuracy, and otherwise more intented for area target attacks than point targets?

I am not nesessarily saying it must be this or that way, just a thought, a point of view to consider. After all, not all aircraft of that era were precision attack capable, and the ones that were usually needed specialized hardware for it.

I have only played around with ground attack in Mirage for a few hours and, if I think of it as an area attack weapon, releasing all ordnance on a convoy, vehicle / troop concentration, building etc, than I have achieved good/decent results with even that little practice. For point attacks, it has been rare that I hit with bombs with very high accuracy unless I dove somewhat steeply.

Again, may be it is a bug after all but, well... may be not at all? Do we know Mirage 2000C RDI S5 really was / is a very accurate attack platform, or do we rather suppose it so?

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

A few threads about this cropped up already but I wonder, is it just us having expectations that just may not always align with reality?

I think about it, this isn't a Mirage 2000D with dedicated attack systems. This is the fighter Mirage, from mid 80s, and with A-G as an after thought of sorts. May be it just isn't pinpoint accurate in attack role and require very specific and precise methods of attack for high accuracy, and otherwise more intented for area target attacks than point targets?

I am not nesessarily saying it must be this or that way, just a thought, a point of view to consider. After all, not all aircraft of that era were precision attack capable, and the ones that were usually needed specialized hardware for it.

I have only played around with ground attack in Mirage for a few hours and, if I think of it as an area attack weapon, releasing all ordnance on a convoy, vehicle / troop concentration, building etc, than I have achieved good/decent results with even that little practice. For point attacks, it has been rare that I hit with bombs with very high accuracy unless I dove somewhat steeply.

Again, may be it is a bug after all but, well... may be not at all? Do we know Mirage 2000C RDI S5 really was / is a very accurate attack platform, or do we rather suppose it so?

Would be a shame if a russian interceptor from the 60's can be more pinpoint then a western interceptor from the 80s.

Edited by GottHold

Have a nice day!

Would be a shame if a russian interceptor from the 60's can be more pinpoint then a western interceptor from the 80s.

Who told you it is? You know the MIG 21 from LNS is still a sim.

It's probably a bug and probably not knowing that you aren't using the radar ranging shich is still not implemented so far

Just FIY, the ccip in mig21 is a simplification the real aircraft has no such capabilities, the pilot must use chart that give the piper angle and release point for various dive configurations

Mk82 SE are CCIP exclusive, meanwhile the Mk82 are CCRP exclusive, there's no way to change the release method onboard the M2000C. I usually use Mk82 SE and manage to hit steady ground target most of the time, I use a dive angle of 20° to 25° with an IAS of 350/400kts, coming from +3000/+4000 AGL. Don't forget to move your seat up. Then it's all about timing...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay without TAS and wind off, and a steep dive of 50° it was accurate. But when dont you have any wind at all?

Yes wind off - but wind is always a problem - especially for the snakeyes. But the mirage has no system to compensate the wind influence on the ordnance, so that has nothing to do with the accuracy of the system it self.

No steep dive, it was level at 800ft or something - and the bomb lands in really close vicinity of the target. If you drop at 5000ft you can watch the little parachutes drifting to nowhere. But that is, again, not a problem of the targeting system.

Anyway, direct hit with unguided bomb is lucky.

So most sims are wrong about that. When your bomb is within 20m of target you're good.

And blast radius effect is too weak or inexistent in DCS World in general IMHO...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Maybe we have no real blast radius, but at the same time, we have no trenches and no air-burst fuze. An Mk82 with contact fuse in reality hitting 8m besides entrenched infantry just shakes and stuns them, but not more, as far as I read.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

Maybe we have no real blast radius, but at the same time, we have no trenches and no air-burst fuze. An Mk82 with contact fuse in reality hitting 8m besides entrenched infantry just shakes and stuns them, but not more, as far as I read.

Yes, but in the open I wouldn't like to be within 30m of Mk-82 detonation.

And I doubt an APC would sustain shells at 8m with no arm.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Dumb bombs are and always has been inaccurate, thats why laser and GPS guided weapos where invented.

Making precison strikes with dumb bombs has always been very difficult despite all kind og gadgets invented over time. Just try bombing with the F-86, Mig-15 or even the P-51D, FW-190D9 or BF-109K.

If there are no means of adjusting for wind, then this will be added to the error too.

The reason why Your doing better with the FC3 aircraft and the Mig-21 is due to the fact that they are far from realistic.

One thing in DCS though is that bombblast effects are almost not present, so that onby direct hits do cause damage to the target.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Interesting read from a google search of Mk82 blast radius....

"Having dropped thousands of the Mk-82's, a few hundred Mk-81's and Mk-83's and a few dozen Mk-84's:

- Mk-82's with "instant" fuze are good for shrapnel, not much blast. We could drop one within 10 meters of a truck and it kept rolling on blown tires. Frags went out a few hundred meters, and I picked one up when following too close to my lead one day. Pissed off crewchief, but no bad damage - thing was size of a hot dog weiner

The fuze extender helped with the frags and was great for troops in the open - maybe 30-40 meter lethal radius.

We dropped on an AAA or artillery gun one day and had to have the gun within the crater to take it out. Figure 5 meters radius.

- The Mk-81 250's had about the same frag pattern as the 500 pound Mk-82. Not much blast, but good for bunhers if you got a 5 meter error.

- MK-83's had slightly more frag than Mk-82, but lots better blast.

- Mk-84 had great blast, but frags were,'t much more then Mk-82 or Mk-83. They were best used witjh small delays for hard tgts. The newer 2000 pounders with the penetrating design were lots better for hard tgts. I-2000 comes to mind, but that one is 20 years old. "