Modules not activated automatically when installed through Module Manager

Yukari

Good day everyone,

I have just noticed that modules installed via module manager are no longer activated automatically, as they once were.

IIRC, when I logged in with my account, the module manager should prompt a window saying you have following ... modules available for installation; you install them and you are good to go.. or fly; and no activation prompt window at game start. So I assume that modules were self activated through MM.

The problem is, MM still helps me to install all these modules I have, but as I start the game, heee, those mods are not activated by the MM as they once were automatically.

That's to say, now I have to manually retrieve the CD Key from module manager and then complete the activation process when the game starts and prompts me to do so.

Well.. that's actually not a big deal since I can still get the module(s) to work perfectly(enter CDKey and activate), but it could be quite annoying and frustrated to manually activate every single module I have.:cry:

I am not sure if this is due to changes in ED's policy or DRM thingy or what; I have been looking into some posts reporting some similar problems with MM or activation, but it seems no one has yet mentioned anything about "MM not activating installed modules".

Can anyone confirm this or shed some light, please? Thanks!:helpsmilie:

I own NTTR so I try installing modules in 2.0 as well, but still no luck. NTTR Terrain installs and activates itself without any problem. Other modules, say A-10C and Hawk, still need to be activated manually.

Edited by Yukari

Nooooooooo

if activation data is already in the registry from another install ( ie1.2) you shouldnt need to activate in 1.5 or 2.0 for those modules at all.

afaik, you've always had to enter the key, at least I have with ED Distribution.

Steam used autofill to run starforce activation in background.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

if activation data is already in the registry from another install ( ie1.2) you shouldnt need to activate in 1.5 or 2.0 for those modules at all.

afaik, you've always had to enter the key, at least I have with ED Distribution.

Steam used autofill to run starforce activation in background.

Thanks for the reply!

I kind of reset my system(clean install) every month; so long I've been installing(and activating) everything through module manager and it worked fine(without Version 1.2 or any steam version installed).

But yeah.. maybe my memory doesn't serve me well. I'll go with your answer anyway. Thanks again.

(it's gonna take a while for me to activating everything though..:doh:)

Nooooooooo

I kind of reset my system(clean install) every month..

Why on earth would you want to reinstall your PC once a month? I used to do a clean install once or twice a year when I was younger, now I do it if it really needs to (and thank you MS for making the process sooo much simpler with Windows 8 and newer!)...

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]