Removed

CptSmiley

@CptSmiley : You (or Zeus) said that E3 fixed the priority to Harrier to have a basic operational Aircraft for that exihibition. As I understand, E3 is now finished, but Harrier seems to stay the first priority (Reading harrier thread confirms my point of view).

So, can we expect an update of M2000C with DCS next update as you told us one week ago ?

Thank you

Sunski

Edited by sunski34
  • Like 1

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The HUD has four master modes:

• WOW (Weight On Wheels).
  • NAV + APP (APP is a NAV submode)
  • AA
  • AG

Here is how it works now:

• WOW overrides anything while the aircraft is on the ground.
  • NAV is default mode when in the air.
  • APP is NAV submode.
  • HUD changes to the appropriate mode based on selected weapon in the PCA or by HOTAS.
  • If not weapon has been selected, it will select AA Gun: CAN when you click Master Arm ON.

Here is how it must work:

• WOW overrides anything while the aircraft is on the ground.
  • NAV is default mode when in the air.
  • APP is NAV submode.
  • AA mode is engaged only when selecting CAN or MAG by HOTAS.
  • Clicking on PCA HOTAS button will revert to NAV (only if neither 530 or POL are selected).
  • AA mode is engaged if either 530 or POL are selected in the PCA. Deselecting 530 or POL in the PCA returns to NAV.
  • Clicking on MAG in the PCA does not change into AA, nor does it returns to NAV if AA is engaged.
  • MAG option in the PCA is used to activate magic seeker search option. It does not select the missile for launch nor does it set the system in AA mode.
  • CAN and MAG HOTAS selection are overrides. System will ignore any PCA selection until you click the PCA HOTAS button.
  • Selecting any type of AG weapon in the PCA does not change the system to AG mode. Only the PCA changes to display weapons option in the top row.
  • To activate AG mode you must:
    • Select AG weapon in the PCA.
    • Click the Special Modes Switch Forward.

[*]To return to NAV with AG weapon selected you must:

• Click the Special Modes Switch Aft.

[*]The Master Arm switch only authorizes weapons launch/release/fire. If no weapon is selected, nothing happens. System remains in NAV or APP.

What does this mean?

That during Air-to-Air engagements you can have all three weapons ready at your fingertip:

You preselect 530 in the PCA and then choose CAN, MAG or 530 by using the HOTAS buttons: CAN, MAG or PCA.

For Air-to-Ground operations this means that you can set your attack plan without losing NAV data. You enter AG mode only when you are ready.

As you can see this is a major change in the HUD/PCA functionality and it requires some time and testing to get it right.

No. Not yet but there are some major changes coming to the HUD and PCA functionality. These changes will make the aircraft work closer to the real one and they will take a while to get used to.

The changes involve the HUD master modes: NAV/APP, AA and AG.

May i ask if this specific update will include also the missing (and much anticipated) HUD functionality (magic triangle etc.)?

• Like 1

+1

Really want the flight model patched. Love the Razbam Mirage.

For tomorrow. I hope.

:pilotfly:

• Like 1

Current specs: Windows 10 64bit, i7-7700K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, 1 To SSD, RTX2070-Super, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog, TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

Looking forward to a "big" update tomorrow as well... wink, wink, nudge, nudge...

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Can we please have the multiple keybinds for canon, weight, master arm and others. It's a pain to only have a toggle keybind and having to sync at each mission start when using switches on the warthog for example.

This has been requested and +1ed multiple times and seems like reasonable easy fix.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Hi Sarge, once again I'm the bearer of bad news :( still going through the final phases of the FM update.

The FM has made huge improvements but now that the aerodynamics are correct I'm having to update the FBW and the AP gains so that the aircraft has the correct feel which is a very tricky thing. General flight we are in very good shape and ready to go, but in takeoff and landing with gear impacting the ground the physics change and it's very hard to tune it to behave properly, which is where we are at now. If you all have been early since the initial launch you recall the back and forth of getting takeoff/landing feeling correct, and I would like to avoid that vicious cycle!

What has been improved:

- Takeoff acceleration (powerplant improvements)

- STR and ITR much closer to correct values, especially ITR which was much lower before

- Slow flight behavior - before turned into a brick, now you will definitely still lose energy at high AOA but aircraft is much more forgiving as described by pilot reports

- Climb performance - general performance timing of aircraft improved

- Supersonic acceleration timing - improved to match best known numbers

- AOA trim - improved found that in general too high trim AOA for level flight performance

- Airfoil coefficient tables updated - corrected to give correct performance through flight envelope

I'll keep you guys updated on progress and apologies that it's taking a bit longer than I had hoped.

Take the time you need as long as work is being done in the background. We will be patient. Looking forward! :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the news.

Its always better wait to the right update than having a quick wrong one.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

What has been improved:

- STR and ITR much closer to correct values, especially ITR which was much lower before

- Slow flight behavior - before turned into a brick, now you will definitely still lose energy at high AOA but aircraft is much more forgiving as described by pilot reports

- AOA trim - improved found that in general too high trim AOA for level flight performance

- Airfoil coefficient tables updated - corrected to give correct performance through flight envelope

Quick question, is climb performance and supersonic acceleration too good or not good enough atm ? :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Hi Sarge, once again I'm the bearer of bad news :( still going through the final phases of the FM update.

The FM has made huge improvements but now that the aerodynamics are correct I'm having to update the FBW and the AP gains so that the aircraft has the correct feel which is a very tricky thing. General flight we are in very good shape and ready to go, but in takeoff and landing with gear impacting the ground the physics change and it's very hard to tune it to behave properly, which is where we are at now. If you all have been early since the initial launch you recall the back and forth of getting takeoff/landing feeling correct, and I would like to avoid that vicious cycle!

What has been improved:

I'll keep you guys updated on progress and apologies that it's taking a bit longer than I had hoped.

Thank you CptSmiley, you're doing a great job :thumbup:

Regards

What has been improved:

Thanks for the update CptSmiley, really appreciate it an can't wait for the FM Corrections! Are there any news on the avionics-update?

Cheers

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

The FM feels very very sluggish atm. Is this due to the updated FM and the "old" FBW modelling? It feels like fighting in a truck.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The FM feels very very sluggish atm. Is this due to the updated FM and the "old" FBW modelling? It feels like fighting in a truck.

Thats the behaviour the upcomming patch is supposed to fix.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Thats the behaviour the upcomming patch is supposed to fix.

Thx.

But wondered though, didn't had this last friday after the patch. :huh:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Will these fixes be coming just in 1.5.7 or will the next 2.X patch also feature them? Reason why I ask is because I've uninstalled 1.5 :P

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

You guys are raising the bar for the rest to follow :)

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

The FM didnt have a patch until now as I understand.

For which version gets patched, I think thats ED's decision.

High probability that 2.1 will be updated first. I think ED is now very focused on 2.1.

I think you've misunderstood my question. I know that ED are the ones who decides when what gets patched etc. My question was whether these changes have made it internally to both branches of the codebase?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.