Removed

CptSmiley

Awesome changelog :thumbup:

One thing I am missing though (not sure if it is WIP or fell trough the cracks, I saw some other reports of it over at the BUG section) is the issue that was introduced about 3 updates ago.

After rearming, the INS is reset from whatever waypoint was selected to WP0. And all entries have to be entered all over again. Some show up as numbers on the PREP side, but are not selectable. Its like the INS gets wiped.

Is this expected behavior or a bug?

From the Manual:

INS Alignment

The INS requires alignment any time the aircraft has been dark and cold for a long period

of time. In the case of DCS, an alignment is required every time you:

 Start from the ramp

Have requested aircraft repairs from the ground crew

 Has requested a rearm/refuel from the ground crew.

There are two types of alignment: Standard and Memory.

 Standard Alignment takes 8 minutes at the end of which the INS is the most

precise.

 Memory Alignment takes 90 seconds and is used when the aircraft has not been

moved from the spot where it was parked when the INS was switched off.

For DCS a Standard Alignment is required when:

 You start from the ramp

You have requested aircraft repairs from the ground crew.

A Memory alignment can be used when:

 You have requested a rearm/refuel from the ground crew.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, alignment (on memorized heading = quick one, 1'30") is required in DCS after rearming/refuelling on the ground.

But no reason for the INS to "loose" the memory of the waypoints previously entered.

I guess a "bug" aka probably (code-wise) variable reinitialization one step/condition too far ;)

spacer.png

Folks,

Today we have enabled the dynamic tail and fuselage numbering system. This allows you to put your own aircraft numbers as opposed to the fixed ones we've been using to this date.

An explanation to the same can be found in this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3007016&postcount=1

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

another INS bug, which is actually a nice bug :D :

in MP, if you create waypoints and show them on the radar screen they remain forever during that MP session. So if you die and respawn, they will remain on the HDD although the INS is virgin without waypoints.

another thing, to display a waypoint on the HDD, it has to be within the azimut and the distance that you selected in the radar.

another INS bug, which is actually a nice bug :D :

in MP, if you create waypoints and show them on the radar screen they remain forever during that MP session. So if you die and respawn, they will remain on the HDD although the INS is virgin without waypoints.

another thing, to display a waypoint on the HDD, it has to be within the azimut and the distance that you selected in the radar.

those are very old ones :) I can only add that not only a waypoint will remain on the HDD forever during the session, but the WP will also remain in your PCN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Has anyone noticed that the standby adi cage flag doesn't go away from a cold start?

It does if you flip the right switch ;) => right hand side next to the little map holder: INS auxilary heading/horizon to the middle position, then press the button next to the standby ADI. This is a fairly new addition to the module and not covered in the first iteration of the training mission. There is a new version here which has the correct procedure.

Edited by spiddx
  • Like 1

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Oh... It is true.

Because I had read that A/P Localizer & Glideslope Hold is not available on the Beta version at the manual, I didn't recognize "it is available".

Thanks myHelljumper.

In face the manual says that is is not available but it have not been updated ;)

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

It'll be available when ED finishes its ground radar and adds it to the 3d parties SDK. So you should expect that around the time when the Hornet is finished!

I had no idea the Mirage could ground map! Looking forward to this.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

It does if you flip the right switch ;) => right hand side next to the little map holder: INS auxilary heading/horizon to the middle position, then press the button next to the standby ADI. This is a fairly new addition to the module and not covered in the first iteration of the training mission. There is a new version here which has the correct procedure.

will it be fixed in a patch or is this the only way to add the fixes?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

will it be fixed in a patch or is this the only way to add the fixes?

The updated training missions? They were made a few days after the last patch but Baltic mentioned that he submitted them for the next one so we should get them automatically with the next 1.5 update. If you can't wait just download them and overwrite the old files.

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds