Removed

CptSmiley

After the last update, the radios are by default in the off position (dashes in the respective indicator) and must be turned on. Could someone explain the mode selector switches? F1, R, H, Pol , Pol + G, what are they meaning?).

Also, could you also include in a next update this (my favourite) livery ? (Cicognes Squadron, with white helmet, I think this helmet was standard in the 80's or not?)

20160716085524871857189AA45.thumb.jpg.06f742180a55a6dfb27568b0f96a5297.jpg

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an explanation that was posted some time ago by Azrayen

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2641009&postcount=8

No. It's a test function (I know the manual says otherwise... it needs to be corrected). ;)

Put the switch in R then press the red test button to test Réception (receiver).

Put the switch in E then press the red test button to test Émission (emitter).

I don't know what A2 means, I know it's related to emission/gonio.

Correct. :)

In Pal + G you have indeed double emission (your speaks on your set frequency and on Guard at the same time).

F1 stands for Fréquence 1; a kind of fixed preset frequency (set on the ground), perhaps used for voice or data? Not sure.

H stands for Homing. It's not very much used IRL AFAIK.

++

Az'

Thanks Robin :)

I think I made a mistake (will edit my post from january).

In Pal + G you have double reception, not emission.

Pal makes you use only the selected channel/frequency/guard (depending on the other rotary)

Pal + G makes you use the selected channel/frequency/guard + monitor (receive only) guard (which would be the military one, i.e. 243 MHz)

spacer.png

Thanks Robin :)

I think I made a mistake (will edit my post from january).

In Pal + G you have double reception, not emission.

Pal makes you use only the selected channel/frequency/guard (depending on the other rotary)

Pal + G makes you use the selected channel/frequency/guard + monitor (receive only) guard (which would be the military one, i.e. 243 MHz)

That. But AFAIK DCS is not able to emulate that so even in Pal + G you won't really be listening on Guard anyway.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Guard works only partially in DCS, and in works the same way in different modules (M2000, A10c, F-5E).

You can transmit and receive on guard frequency (243 MHz) if you put the Manual/Preset/Guard knob to Guard. But you can't monitor guard frequency if you put the main knob to Pal + G (labeled "BOTH" in US aircraft).

Must be a limitation of DCS engine, limiting monitoring of only one frequency at the time. Would be nice if it would work though.

It does however work with Simple Radio. Just tested it. If I set my radio (UHF) to 264 and VHF to 251 and use Pal+G. I can receive voice chat on all 3 freqs (264, 251, 243)

Good to know, thanks. So maybe it is possible, and may be implemented if we nag enough the devs. :D

Cribob has the radios working as they are intended to IRL with SRS so if DCS ever wants to implement radio communications then they already have something to go on.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Haha no I meant an actual click able spot. The 21 has a spot right on the leather on the asp

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

This is the last kneeboard helper page that will be available: Radio Preset Channel Frequency list.

The page order currently is:

1. Ground Adjustment Options and Chaff/Flares Release Program.

2. Radio Preset Channel Frequency List.

3. Pilot Signout Sheet.

15540971_1200850013334968_7824478070985832382_o.jpg?oh=07beaabff3ed9b085e9c9417e3a70697&oe=58DEBAFF

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Jolly good! If you do it, you do it right :thumbup:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

You guys took a great thing from bst and improved on it vastly l. Great outstanding work to you and the team Zeus

This is the last kneeboard helper page that will be available: Radio Preset Channel Frequency list.

The page order currently is:

1. Ground Adjustment Options and Chaff/Flares Release Program.

2. Radio Preset Channel Frequency List.

3. Pilot Signout Sheet.

15540971_1200850013334968_7824478070985832382_o.jpg?oh=07beaabff3ed9b085e9c9417e3a70697&oe=58DEBAFF

Hi Zeus,

Small typo's.

Channels 5 & 6 are showing as additional channel 1's

Cheers and thanks for the frequency kneeboard page.

Thanks Zeus, another useful kneeboard page!

I assume the frequencies can't be edited?

You can edit them in the Mission Editor, before the flight.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

after acouple of updates ago I noticed there is a big number on the hud below the interception circle when a contact is locked. There is nothing about it in the manual. Could somebody tell what is it? I couldnt guess myself.

Target aspect I think, can be 0 to 180.

0 means cold (flying away from you), 180 means hot (flying towards you).