Removed

CptSmiley

M2000 can fly at a maximum altitude of 45,000 feet and a speed of 0.8M.

In the enclosed picture you can see the HUD of a Mirage 2000C ("POL" mode selected):

- flying at 50 000ft, M0.99

- steady speed since > < and -O- are aligned

- probably not in after burner since it would go supersonic with > < above -O-

- auto pilot engaged since * appears inside -O-

2088244846_2000CRDI.thumb.jpg.9db8680431c1feb8ab8d88e2d7677efa.jpg

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, just took her for a quick flight and see exactly what Zmot is trying to show in the >40000 ft regime. I assume that standard thermo and atmospheric equations might break away under some assumptions that aren't true at very high altitudes.

Thanks CptSmiley. Once you have time, could you elaborate a bit more what you mean? Are these approximations made on the DCS side or on the Mirage's FM side?

In any event, I'm on the case and looking into it.

Much appreciated :thumbup: Would be great to get an update of your findings.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

In the enclosed picture you can see the HUD of a Mirage 2000C ("POL" mode selected):

Thanks for stating facts!

this image does not mean anything.

it is not known how much weight the aircraft, what weapons, engine speed, and most importantly, what was he doing up to this point.

it is not known how much weight the aircraft, what weapons, engine speed, and most importantly, what was he doing up to this point.

It does mean a lot !

I don't know why you guys are arguing, I know that RAZBAM team has real documents (and some other here :music_whistling:) and they use it brilliantly.

No need to explain what you think, they will do what they have to.

Gators.

Edited by Gators

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

what you say does not make absolutely any sense!

your test is with a clean setup half tank, and you argue that this photo is maybe loaded with missiles, so is even heavier, that means clean as you were it would go even higher! I think you are a bit confused...

Sorry about I tend to believe the pic more than this logic.

First the manual is in beta. 2nd I doubt the manual says that the max altitude is 50000ft. You mix service ceiling and max altitude.

Buzz word. I can also answer Maths. What in physics forbids the mirage to flay 50000 ft more than the ceiling?

I can hardly consider this as an argument. We stick to facts.

You were indeed losing speed in your video. Probably not quickly enough, but we cant say that the FM is not far from realistic as it is now.

From where do you get your infos about 5th Gen? Facts please...

Sorry, I find it difficult to communicate with you through a translator. Perhaps there is a misunderstanding in common sense.

I was in this situation does not like the following:

- Too much speed without afterburner M2000 (~ 1.4m)

- Very high ceiling (due to high speed flight without afterburner)

may rise above the plane of the ceiling (as there is supply of the vertical velocity of 3-5 m / s) but the speed will be lower.

I want to reiterate that speed without afterburner on the ceiling and above can not be 1.4M

https://yadi.sk/i/cxWQ2GzG33PGNe

KwMx3xgFmX.png

Edited by Zmot
  • Like 2

Sorry, I find it difficult to communicate with you through a translator. Perhaps there is a misunderstanding in common sense.

I was in this situation does not like the following:

- Too much speed without afterburner M2000 (~ 1.4m)

- Very high ceiling (due to high speed flight without afterburner)

may rise above the plane of the ceiling (as there is supply of the vertical velocity of 3-5 m / s) but the speed will be lower.

I want to reiterate that speed without afterburner on the ceiling and above can not be 1.4M

https://yadi.sk/i/cxWQ2GzG33PGNe

ok sorry, I didn't know you use a translator.

what you say does not make absolutely any sense!

your test is with a clean setup half tank, and you argue that this photo is maybe loaded with missiles, so is even heavier, that means clean as you were it would go even higher! I think you are a bit confused...

Sorry about I tend to believe the pic more than this logic.

1. afterburner can fly

2. can be stopped after the supersonic flight

3. in any case less than the rate of 1.0М in the DCS speed ~ 1,3-1.4М (afterburner off)

Edited by Zmot

1. afterburner can fly

2. can be stopped after the supersonic flight

3. in any case less than the rate of 1.0М in the DCS speed ~ 1,3-1.4М (afterburner off)

ok good, so you agree that it can go higher than the ceiling.

The fact that it is able to go 1.4M without afterburner will be corrected by Smiley.

у меня, кстати, не получается так разогнаться на этой высоте.

Надо разгоняться зарание или со снижением. Это основы полета на больших высотах.

M1.4 in MIL thrust is excessive and acknowledged by Cpt Smiley.

It's strange because the speed chart shown by Zmot is indeed the same as January.

But I tested it months ago and it was corrected. So maybe just a mistake or DCS World update broke something...

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

This would be on our side, basically all DCS provides the EFM is ambient environmental conditions (static pressure, dynamic pressure, mach, temperature, position info, etc...) and some other valuable state information and after that, it is up to us to model the rest. I'm reviewing my non-ideal cycle analysis for the engine model to see what is happening but have already made some adjustments in the right direction to correct things.

Splendid! And thanks for the insides. I know it is not an easy task to get a set of parameters which work in all regimes. Keep iterating ;)

Stay tuned :)

I will and I reckon many others as well :)

@Zmot: Thanks for bringing this up and for keeping your confidence. I can only try to imagine how hard it was, having these discussions using a translator. спасибо!

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Hi guys just updated the title post of pending changes so far

Looks great, thanks! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

We have upgraded the kneeboard to provide the following:

1. Ability to change the rockets burst count.

2. Ability to change the GBUs laser code.

3. Displays the current loaded chaff/flares release program.

Note: Rockets burst count and GBU laser code can only be changed when the aircraft is on the ground with the engine off.

Chaff/Flares release program is read only. It can only be modified by manually editing the SPIRALE.lua file.

15443244_1194763593943610_2604895623715360725_o.jpg?oh=23c565157e43a3a88e8df57df0d2d21e&oe=58FB56C9

Program 00 is PANIC and cannot be edited.

• Like 1

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Great! :thumbup: Nice to see that the kneeboard is utilized, not many modules do that.

It took us a little while to know how to modify the kneeboard.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."