Removed

CptSmiley

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White interior light works for me in open alpha.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

White interior light works for me in open alpha.

Same here, in all versions.

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Any patch Today?

You might better ask ED that. Or just wait ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Any patch Today?

No release planned for today. :cry:

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

No release planned for today. :cry:

Do you know of any ETA? Thanks for your honesty, it's a lot better than eagerly expecting something that's not happening .

Sent from my cell phone using Tapatalk.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

Do you know of any ETA? Thanks for your honesty, it's a lot better than eagerly expecting something that's not happening .

Sent from my cell phone using Tapatalk.

No. I don't, sorry.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

:cry_2::ranting:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Chizh said maybe next friday, lets just wait

I am expecting large changes. When ED skips a weekly update or two, it usually is because a major change is forthcoming and they don't want to incorporate any sim breaking bug and thus are being very cautious.

Thou shall not expect a patch on every week, we are spoiled.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

No, we are expecting the errors that were created by inadvertant inclusion of an incorrect file wrecking already corrected landing and takeoff handling and which the correct file is already available - to be uploaded ASAP so we can get on with flying/testing.

But the extended wait for receiving that already corrected file and which was working in previous builds is not acceptable in terms of client expectations nor in previous procedures.

Nothing to do with expecting a patch every week - just getting the correct one re-installed.

• Like 1

I agree with Catseye. It's not a matter of frequency of the updates. Updates should improve things, fix bugs, not make new ones, like not being able to takeoff with even a slight crosswind. I could live with one update every month, or even more, but the updates should be tested properly. Isn't it why there is the Open Beta? If not, what's the purpose of it then?

I think people underestimate how much work is involved in building, testing and packaging a release, and how much impact on their development plans it could have.

Also if they're going to drop what they're doing and make a special release to fix a minor mistake on Razbam's part, shouldn't they also include fixes from other devs?

Anyway if you really care, you can always roll back to the previous version.

But really.. "can't take off properly" is a pretty minor bug for a module that's still in heavy development.

On the other hand, the longer they go between updates the more excited I get, so it's probably better for my heart if they release more often. :D

• Like 1

I agree with Catseye. It's not a matter of frequency of the updates. Updates should improve things, fix bugs, not make new ones, like not being able to takeoff with even a slight crosswind. I could live with one update every month, or even more, but the updates should be tested properly. Isn't it why there is the Open Beta? If not, what's the purpose of it then?

As nomdeplume just hinted at, the Mirage is still in Early Access. Bugs and regressions are to be expected. It's unfortunate but it comes with the territory. If that's unacceptable to you, the solution is to wait until a module's final release to assess its quality and decide whether to buy it or not (and even then, future updates from ED are liable to break things)... Software development, yay! :doh:

• Like 1