Removed

CptSmiley

That's right, somethings need fixed and fine tuning here and there, but we are almost feature complete now.

What's with the programmable chaff and flares? I thought, we could do more than just manual release. A few pre-set programs were nice, at least. Or adjustable in the ME.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there some documentation on what this is and why everyone is so hyped about it? :D

Documentation, I dont think so, but I could be wrong, What this is? It allows the radar to show the IR seeker in the Magic where a locked target is (as long as it is in the seekers FOV). Why are we so hyped... well it is going to make people cry even more about how the Mirage is so Uber.

JD

AKA_MattE

Is Magic Slave Automatic or is it manual ?

And also When you say that the seeker lock is independent,

If you have one Magic II with a lock and one without will it launch the one with the lock if you fire or will it fire in the normal order (even if that missile is not the one with the missile lock).

And is there any way to know which of the missiles has the lock.

You have to manually slave the magics to the radar.

With independent seeker that means that both the radar and the magic seekers are independent of each other. You can have radar lock and no magic lock or a magic lock and lose the radar lock.

Magic slaving means that the magic seeker is tied to the radar antenna when there is a target locked so the magic can lock the same target. But missile lock is independent of radar lock.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

How is that accomplished Zeus? Mind running down the procedure real quick or will that be given upon release in your more detailed patch notes.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

How is that accomplished Zeus? Mind running down the procedure real quick or will that be given upon release in your more detailed patch notes.

Just click on the "Magic Slave/AG Designate/INS Position Update" HOTAS key when you have a radar target lock.

Magic Slave will disengage when:

1. You change weapons from Magic missiles.

2. You manually unlock the target.

3. You ran out of Magic missiles.

4. You manually disconnects it by clicking on the "Magic Slave/AG Designate/INS Position Update" HOTAS key again.

Edited by Zeus67

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Is the Magic Slave Per Target or will switching to the next radar lock target already slave the Magic?

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is the Magic Slave Per Target or will switching to the next radar lock target already slave the Magic?

The slaving mechanism is disengaged if the missile has not attained lock and you lost the radar lock. It automatically re-engages, if you have not manually disengaged it that is, as soon as a new radar lock is attained.

Zeus, what if the radar locked target is way on the left and I have only a magic on the right. The target is in this case outside the FOV of the missile but not the radar. Would it slave ? Is this case modeled ?

The missile seeker will try to follow the radar antenna to the seeker's gimbals limit, but the missile won't lock. You will have to maneuver to unmask the missile seeker.

Slaving means that the missile seeker, instead of being boresighted and pointing forward, follows the radar antenna orientation so it can point at the target's location.

Unlike the S530D, you don't need STT to slave the magic. TWS will work as well, since the radar is not needed to track the target.

Magic Slave is great news. Thanks! :thumbup:

I would also like to know:

Oh man thank you, Needed that.

A question, Any progress on the BLG-66?

Rockeyes just feel wrong on a french plane :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks Zeus, that's why RAZBAM is the best. :)

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The missile seeker will try to follow the radar antenna to the seeker's gimbals limit, but the missile won't lock. You will have to maneuver to unmask the missile seeker.

Slaving means that the missile seeker, instead of being boresighted and pointing forward, follows the radar antenna orientation so it can point at the target's location.

Unlike the S530D, you don't need STT to slave the magic. TWS will work as well, since the radar is not needed to track the target.

That's exactly the point. The missile will look in the direction of the target to try get a lock and if it is obstructed by the plane or the target is outside the Gimbal limits there will be no lock.

That's what I wanted to know. Excellent news ! Looking forward to Friday!

My question remains though =P.

If i carry two magics.

I try to slave them to the target and only one of them gets a lock (with the other being unable to see/find the target)

If i then try to launch will i automatically launch the missile that is locked on the target or will it just launch according to the normal launch order.

(Even if that means launching and wasting the missile that did not have a lock).

If i carry two magics.

I try to slave them to the target and only one of them gets a lock (with the other being unable to see/find the target)

If i then try to launch will i automatically launch the missile that is locked on the target or will it just launch according to the normal launch order.

(Even if that means launching and wasting the missile that did not have a lock).

I think he answered that.

If you get a magic lock then the target was within the FOV of the missile you are about to launch.

I guess the logical explanation is that the selected missile (HUD indicated) will be slaved. AFAIK you can't salvo Magics so when you fire the first one, you will then have (or not) the tone for the second one since the second Magic will become the sensor of interest for the HUD.

I think what mattebubben was asking is the following situation:

I'm have a target in front of me, I have pylon selector set to automatic - so it automatically switches from G to D depending on the target bearing

I'm using magic slaving, G has locked onto the target, but target has maneuvered, so the system automatically switched to D, but D seeker wasn't fast enough to lock and I performed a launch anyway (thinking magics are slaved and locked)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think what mattebubben was asking is the following situation:

I'm have a target in front of me, I have pylon selector set to automatic - so it automatically switches from G to D depending on the target bearing

I'm using magic slaving, G has locked onto the target, but target has maneuvered, so the system automatically switched to D, but D seeker wasn't fast enough to lock and I performed a launch anyway (thinking magics are slaved and locked)

this corner case is interesting. but the commonFOV of the G and D is quite big, the target cant move from a blindspot of the G to the D that fast. There should be plenty of time for the D to obtain lock before the G is blind to it.

Maybe Zeus can shed a bit of light about this case.

Or could it possibly mean that when you slave the magic on the left when the target is reorientated on the right you would have to re slave the eight magic onto the locked target again?

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Back a few pages people were talking about missing features but no one mentioned the TFR which, seems a pretty big feature, even if I find it not so useful for how I want to play the module (perhaps others also agree).

Missing weapons, TFR, Damage model, some tidy up bugs/edge features and there seems to be some question on the counter measures system and jammer.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

@Zeus: Any news on programmable (or selectable) countermeasure programms?

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If i carry two magics.

Only the missile with the lock will be launched.