Removed

CptSmiley

Okay folks, since the cat is out of the bag. I am now allowed to tell you one of the reasons for the AV-8B NA exclusive priority:

ED is going to show it at E3. But it had to meet some minimum requirements and that meant that we had to dedicate all our time to it. So in 6 months we had to get the aircraft to near beta status.

E3 demo aircraft has been delivered and now we must met another goal. But pressure has been released a little so we also have been testing some FM updates. If we get the green light from the beta testers we will release the FM update on time for the big 2.1.1 release, otherwise it will have to wait for the next one.

Avionics update will have to wait a little longer.

• Like 1

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

may I ask how long?

Good news for the Harrier at E3 along with Hornet. I also suspected this.

To be honest with you Zeus, I would like to see the Mirage finished before pulling my wallet and get the Harrier.

may I ask how long?

About three weeks at most.

Good news for the Harrier at E3 along with Hornet. I also suspected this.

Thanks. Of course the queen of the E3 show will be the Hornet.

To be honest with you Zeus, I would like to see the Mirage finished before pulling my wallet and get the Harrier.

I understand your position and I appreciate it.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

+1 with TomCatMucDe and myHelljumper, and I hate you more and more everydays since It will be super hard to not trow my money for the Harrier :p ... yes I know.. I will fail ^^

Edited by Harke

Likely be flying the release version of the Harrier for a year before we see the F-18C Alpha at the rate they are going.

I hope Mower can last through this last hurdle. :joystick:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Likely be flying the release version of the Harrier for a year before we see the F-18C Alpha at the rate they are going.

I hope Mower can last through this last hurdle. :joystick:

:megalol: +1

Thank you Zeus for the updated roadmap :smilewink:

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

If we get the green light from the beta testers we will release the FM update on time for the big 2.1.1 release, otherwise it will have to wait for the next one.

Thanks! What will be in "avionics update"?

Thanks! What will be in "avionics update"?

Pretty significant changes to how master modes work and how A2A weapons are selected. Zeus explained it some time ago, but can't search for his post right now.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Great news!

Actually i was hopping the rush was since you had to finish the Harrier before F-18C and F-14

Early Access this year or wait your turn (assuming there can`t be more than 1 module release in a month )

Anyway i`m excited about having the Harrier in E3 , looks like ED has a lot of faith in you and so does the community!

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"MAG option in the PCA is used to activate magic seeker search option. It does not select the missile for launch nor does it set the system in AA mode."

Is that the option someone spoke about at some point where the magic will basically work as a poor mans IRST running a search pattern and if they find something one can slave radar to that ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Is that the option someone spoke about at some point where the magic will basically work as a poor mans IRST running a search pattern and if they find something one can slave radar to that ?

First part is correct and you can slave your radar to the infrared seeker.

Edit : Corrected from jojo's answer.

Edited by myHelljumper

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Hi all, while the FM updates are looking extremely promising, they still need a bit more polish to get into your hands. I want to make sure it's as polished as can be and matching all the data we've been able to scoop up over time. I'm sorry we didn't make this cut this update but driving to have this out on the next one.

Thanks for the update! Much appreciated :thumbup:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

The Magic slave button works in the 2 ways, Magic to radar or radar to Magic.

And you have 2 separates buttons for Magic unlock and radar unlock.

Interesting, thanks for the info :).

If the radar and the seeker have different targets locked, is it the magic that is slaved to the radar ?

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Okay folks, since the cat is out of the bag. I am now allowed to tell you one of the reasons for the AV-8B NA exclusive priority:

ED is going to show it at E3. But it had to meet some minimum requirements and that meant that we had to dedicate all our time to it. So in 6 months we had to get the aircraft to near beta status.

E3 demo aircraft has been delivered and now we must met another goal. But pressure has been released a little so we also have been testing some FM updates. If we get the green light from the beta testers we will release the FM update on time for the big 2.1.1 release, otherwise it will have to wait for the next one.

34bde2c7eac4b12fec8ebfad5b806f0f5c12f2f7493fd40ca2e01f5d6c84901e.jpg

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Interesting, thanks for the info :).

If the radar and the seeker have different targets locked, is it the magic that is slaved to the radar ?

This is my guess, but if both radar and Magic are locked, then the slave button would do nothing.

I think you would need to unlock one of both, then slave to have Magic and radar on the same target.

By the way, to avoid misunderstanding and frustration:

RIGHT NOW IT WORKS ONLY ONE WAY: MAGIC SLAVED TO RADAR.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi