Removed

CptSmiley

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rounds still overshoot when you fire at longer range, though it seems to be accurate as soon as you get to about 'half' range.

Rockets the same

I find if you aim at the base of the target instead of the centre of the target, cannon rounds and rockets are pretty accurate even at 3/4 range. But maybe a bit more tweaking required.

But ya, much improved from before. Keep it up, devs!

• 2 weeks later...

Easiest way to check would be (once the update is live) just check the refueling switch (with mouse clicks).

If it toggles between 2 positions (up/down), it's old. If it has 3 states. The pending stuff made it in :P

*edit*

Just received the update. Fuel switch has 3 positions and the kneeboard has the new gun "burst time" option :thumbup:

Edited by CrashO

Easiest way to check would be (once the update is live) just check the refueling switch (with mouse clicks).

If it toggles between 2 positions (up/down), it's old. If it has 3 states. The pending stuff made it in :P

*edit*

Just received the update. Fuel switch has 3 positions and the kneeboard has the new gun "burst time" option :thumbup:

Thank you for testing and sharing your findings with us. :D

Good thing we have this list here, ED has not bothered to include the changes in their last 2 changelogs.

3rd Party Devs have to send the changelog items to them by a specific time.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hi there,

didn't want to start a new thread. Just a quick question. Are you guys (RAZBAM) planning to do more of the 3 (two is what I need really) way switch abstractions ? It's awesome by the way. I've got I think the whole radar suite mapped to the warthog throttle.

I am thinking specifically about the Master arm switch and the gun arm switch. I want to map them to WH Throttle fuel flow switches. Wonder if you have it in plans ? Cheers

If you do them and provide them to RAZBAM chances are they will be in the next update ;-)

Here are some commands I wish would become official:

{down = 3234, up = 3234, cockpit_device_id = 6, value_up = -1, value_down = 1, name = _('Master UNARMED, else ARMED'), category = _('3-Pos. Switch Abstractions')},
   {down = 3463, up = 3463, cockpit_device_id = 6, value_up = -1, value_down = 1, name = _('Gun UNARMED, else ARMED'), category = _('3-Pos. Switch Abstractions')},
   {down = 3486, up = 3486, cockpit_device_id = 11, value_up = 1, value_down = .67, name = _('Radar STANDBY, else ON'), category = _('3-Pos. Switch Abstractions')},
   {down = 3486, up = 3486, cockpit_device_id = 11, value_up = .33, value_down = 0, name = _('Radar OFF, else WARM UP'), category = _('3-Pos. Switch Abstractions')},
   {down = 3249, up = 3249, cockpit_device_id = 6,  value_up = 0, value_down = 1, name = _('Selective Jettison ON, else OFF'), category = _('3-Pos. Switch Abstractions')},

Just a question of semantics:

"Master UNARMED, else ARMED"

=>

"Master Arm SAFE, else ARMED" would be more logical, wouldn't it?

(+ Arm - UNARMED + SAFE)

Following the same logic:

"Guns Arm SAFE, else ARMED"

= = = =

Also shouldn't the SAFE state be default?

spacer.png

I think it should. (at least for the Thrustmaster warthog), the "active" is usually the UP position), I got a Master Arm ON, else OFF and that corresponds nicely with the switch state in the cockpit, visually (up is on).

Already present 3-way binds in the module follow the same logic :) . ON, else OFF

The new PCA logic didn´t get through this last update?

It is not complete.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Done! Just got the them added in for the next update

Awesome! Thank you very much! :)

Just a question of semantics:

"Master UNARMED, else ARMED"

=>

"Master Arm SAFE, else ARMED" would be more logical, wouldn't it?

(+ Arm - UNARMED + SAFE)

Following the same logic:

"Guns Arm SAFE, else ARMED"

= = = =

Yes "SAFE" is definitely a better name.

I think it should. (at least for the Thrustmaster warthog), the "active" is usually the UP position), I got a Master Arm ON, else OFF and that corresponds nicely with the switch state in the cockpit, visually (up is on).

Already present 3-way binds in the module follow the same logic :) . ON, else OFF

No it's value_down that is the active position. Oh wait you mean the real switch, in-game and on the throttle? Yes that is correct, and the code I provided reflects exactly that, i.e. you pull the switch up -> ARMED, you pull the switch down -> SAFE.

So the code should not be altered if you want the correct behavior. On the other hand what you prefer it to say as "default" or "else" ('ON else OFF' or 'OFF else ON') is up to you. It's just the name in the control list.

Edit: Actually value_up might be the active position... All I know is that the code works as intended :) -> Switch up = ON, switch down = OFF

Edited by Jammer.

Ok I reviewed the code and double checked the switches in-game and it's all fine, but I know why I got a bit confused by the naming, for the first two (Master arm and Gun arm), which you guys pointed out :thumbup:, the naming didn't follow the same logic as for the rest, so definitely better to swap the order in the names for those two.

Just to be sure, here is the code with appropriate names :)

{down = 3234, up = 3234, cockpit_device_id = 6, value_up = -1, value_down = 1, name = _('Master Arm ARMED, else SAFE'), category = _('3-Pos. Switch Abstractions')},
   {down = 3463, up = 3463, cockpit_device_id = 6, value_up = -1, value_down = 1, name = _('Gun Arm ARMED, else SAFE'), category = _('3-Pos. Switch Abstractions')},