Removed

CptSmiley

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but the backup ADI isn't being uncaged What might that be? Also I found the Police light isn't working. (Screenshot of police light not working when switch is set to on)

Screen_161106_185820.thumb.jpg.b7c5046d2e284389b2d0bef5572b8e43.jpg

Screen_161106_185835.thumb.jpg.724e1c144ebc5e1bb9965e99734cb180.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If it doesn't work how it should, give it a good HARD smack. 100% fixed every time.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but the backup ADI isn't being uncaged What might that be? Also I found the Police light isn't working. (Screenshot of police light not working when switch is set to on)

Hello folks. Got back from my trip and am now resting from a long air travel.

1. Backup ADI not uncaging. Hmm. I'll check.

2. The police light switch is now a system enabler. You must use the HOTAS key to turn it on or off. There is a new HOTAS keybind that controls it. I'm afraid that is how it works in RL.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Hello folks. Got back from my trip and am now resting from a long air travel.

1. Backup ADI not uncaging. Hmm. I'll check.

2. The police light switch is now a system enabler. You must use the HOTAS key to turn it on or off. There is a new HOTAS keybind that controls it. I'm afraid that is how it works in RL.

Zeus,

Hope you had a nice trip.

The Mirage had a bit of cold in your absence. Thé IFF is not working and the bomb release number is wrong.

Happy to have you back! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeus,

Hope you had a nice trip.

The Mirage had a bit of cold in your absence. Thé IFF is not working and the bomb release number is wrong.

Happy to have you back! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. ED blindsided me with the 1.5.5 OB release date, just in the middle of me being away from the office. :smartass:

I'll check and fix this in tome for the 1.5.5.stable and 2.0.4 releases.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but the backup ADI isn't being uncaged What might that be?

You have 2 steps to do:

1/ power it using the CMGS/H.SEC switch on the right console => middle position.

2/ cage/uncage at will directly on the back up ADI.

NB : the switch is currently "hidden" below the unfolded document thingy. This must be a bug.

spacer.png

Cheers for that. I did try flipping that switch, I shall try again. Has anyone else had the police light issue also?

It's not so much a bug but a real life mapping now that does require a hotas mapping. I just set it to my flaps switch on my TMWH

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

I found a picture of an inflight mirage 2000C with active radar and RWR

-RADAR: please note the yellow letters on the top and buttom corner of the Radar display.

-RWR: Note the smaller threat symbology in comparisation to the RWR symbology in DCS: M2000C. readbility of a cramped RWR was always an issue

-PCA: Note the Weapons abbreviations in the Bottum line: MAX for Matra Magic

(53F stands for the Super530F which is only in use with Exported M2000C)

2000c.jpg

• Like 1

2000c.jpg

Great pic! :thumbup: Awesome, how good the readability in the real cockpit instruments is.

Also note the letters for the IFF Mode C (TT), instead of the numbers in DCS. IIRC, in DCS we can only select digits from 0 to 9 in these two fields.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I found a picture of an inflight mirage 2000C with active radar and RWR

-RADAR: please note the yellow letters on the top and buttom corner of the Radar display.

-RWR: Note the smaller threat symbology in comparisation to the RWR symbology in DCS: M2000C. readbility of a cramped RWR was always an issue

-PCA: Note the Weapons abbreviations in the Bottum line: MAX for Matra Magic

(53F stands for the Super530F which is only in use with Exported M2000C)

*pic*

Awesome picture!! Thank you very much for sharing this! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This picture is posted several times.

Also the abbreviations on the pca are explained (by azrayen or jojo), if you search

you will find the respective post (magic maX = eXercise and 530F = Fictional if I remember correctly).

Also he explained the yellow symbology (has something to do with RD or RDO mode or TEL, can' t remember)

Edited by jaguara5

This picture is posted several times.

Also the abbreviations on the pca are explained (by azrayen or jojo), if you search

you will find the respective post (magic maX = eXercise and 530F = Fictional if I remember correctly).

Also he explained the yellow symbology (has something to do with RD or RDO mode or TEL, can' t remember)

I am sorry I had no clue that this picture has been discussed an another thread.

You might be right about the MAX= eXercise Magic. About the 530F....as i explained before it actually exist. its an export version of the 530 D whiosh is shorter to my knowledge.

About the Yellow Symbology as you can see in that Picture neither RD, RDO or TEL mode have been selected.

But the most important thing is still the smaller RWR symbology. readability has been an issue since release and people been asking for a declutter switch.

I would be thankful if u can provide a link to the suggested thread since i couldnt find it but i also find it kind of hard to navigate in ED Forums.:(

Another Question: Have there been recently some RADAR changes?

I havent been playing since last week and i set up some BVR Battles against an F-18C. F18C was approaching me and at same altitude.

I was only able to get an STT lock on it under 20 miles. F18C was using ECM i assume. But i dont remember ECM being so powerful and denying me a STT Lock. TWS Lock was no problem.

than i did same with the F15 under same conditions. Got a STT lock at 25 nm. f15 was using ECM . But still kind of powerful

I am sorry I had no clue that this picture has been discussed an another thread.

You might be right about the MAX= eXercise Magic. About the 530F....as i explained before it actually exist. its an export version of the 530 D whiosh is shorter to my knowledge.

About the Yellow Symbology as you can see in that Picture neither RD, RDO or TEL mode have been selected.

But the most important thing is still the smaller RWR symbology. readability has been an issue since release and people been asking for a declutter switch.

I would be thankful if u can provide a link to the suggested thread since i couldnt find it but i also find it kind of hard to navigate in ED Forums.:(

Uhm no, 530 was originally a Mirage III missile, then F1 got updated 530F. 530D is an updated (new missile) for M2000C. 530D and 530F are totally different missiles, both by generation as well as performance wise.

530D has been exported outside btw, such as to Greece ->

38:15

275px-Super_530-plan.png

Edited by zerO_crash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=161206&highlight=yellow&page=59

Yes Super 530F do exist.

It was fitted to Mirage F1 and French early 37 Mirage 2000C with RDM radar as a stop gap waiting for RDI radar and Super 530D missile.

Export Mirage 2000 had RDM radar fitted with Continuous Wave Illuminator (CWI) to guide Super 530D.

So only French Air Force used Super 530F with Mirage 2000, export customers were provided with Super 530D.

As said:

MAX = MAgic eXercice (inert missile body with active seeker)

53F = 530 Fictif (simulated missile, not carried)

But 53X would also exist.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Also note the letters for the IFF Mode C (TT), instead of the numbers in DCS. IIRC, in DCS we can only select digits from 0 to 9 in these two fields.

That is for Mode 1 and is only a numerical value. What he has is "11" and what you're seeing is glare at the top of the rounded tumblers.

IAW NATO STANAG 4193:

Mode 1 – provides 2-digit octal mission code. (military only – can be changed in flight)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist