Removed

CptSmiley

anyone noticed this tiny radar lock bug when the "lock" starts flickering very fast, as if it was losing and gaining lock very fast

and if a 530 is launched during this bug, it self destructs ...

Its the super radar bug, basically you cant lose lock , ever - but every time the radar was supposed to lose lock , it flickers (losing lock and reacquiring in an instant)

Edited by T_A

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the latest changelog:

HUD

- Added AP router indicator

- Fixed horizon line behavior

- Fixed Ground track indicator fixed

- Fixed heading tape jumping around 0 degrees

- Fixed To/From House behavior

- Fixed ILS/App symbology behavior

- Fixed pitch ladder so it moves with FPM

- Fixed pitch ladder movement bounds

- Fixed FPM movement bounds

- Fixed accel chevrons behavior

OTHER

- Added functionality to backup Attitude Indicator

- Updated Rlaxoxo Sound Mod to v7

- Updated STT target logic

- Updated INS navigation

- Updated IP behavior (WIP)

- Updated MAGIC lock tone

- Updated EFM extrame envelope modeling

- Updated EFM aerodynamic distrubance and separation modeling

- Updated EFM yaw control and side force modeling

- Updated VTB STT display for CCM

- Updated keyboard/joystick bindings (community)

- Fixed weapon gaps on pylons (community)

- Fixed weapon stores relase failure due to excessive G-load

- Fixed AB Cutoff not disabling when closed with cover

- Fixed FBW Emergency mode not disabling when closed with cover

- Fixed brakes not holding aircraft still to MIL power

- Fixed TDC vs. Bullseye coordinates

- Fixed OBL INS Update bug

- Fixed PCA Select bug

- Fixed MAGIC Select bug

- Fixed BAD L/G input bug

- Fixed varous VTB, PCA, Radar bugs

- Fixed engine sound stutter issues

- Fixed Brazilian livery typo

- Fixed typo in Free Flight mission

- Fixed laser code bounds in mission editor

- Fixed AP Test not working

- Fixed incorrect yellow caution sound

- Fixed super radar

- Fixed dropping contacts when out of STT range

- Removed MAGIC seek tone, need to add MAGIC TIR tone

• Like 1

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Wow... take it easy... you're releasing more updates than we can check :D I'm starting to suspect that you're doing this on purpose :P

Where is it possible to find more information about the INS navigation updates?

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

so we won't have that annoying buzz before lock ? and will we see a triangle while TIR ?

Yeah I didn't get that part either.

Nice updates as usual.

Cheers for another patch.

I'd also love some elaboration on what this means exactly if at all possible!

Okay. I've been repeatedly told, despite I have some videos to the contrary, that the Magic II seeker remains silent when it is searching. You hear nothing, at least in the M-2000C. The videos i have found are all for Mirage F-1s firing the Magic II in combat. That is where the buzz sound came.

The TIR tone is heard when the locked target is inside the NO ESCAPE zone. This one needs radar.

The triangle target designator is not enabled yet.

Also, the S530Ds also give a tone as well when the seeker is locked. Not enabled yet.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Great changelog !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Okay. I've been repeatedly told, despite I have some videos to the contrary, that the Magic II seeker remains silent when it is searching. You hear nothing, at least in the M-2000C. The videos i have found are all for Mirage F-1s firing the Magic II in combat. That is where the buzz sound came.

The TIR tone is heard when the locked target is inside the NO ESCAPE zone. This one needs radar.

Also, the S530Ds also give a tone as well when the seeker is locked. Not enabled yet.

So we are only going to get a lock tone for the Magic if the radar is on and we are in the TIR zone? Or is the TIR tone different than a normal lock tone?

JD

AKA_MattE

This is the latest changelog:

HUD

- Added AP router indicator

- Fixed horizon line behavior

- Fixed Ground track indicator fixed

- Fixed heading tape jumping around 0 degrees

- Fixed To/From House behavior

- Fixed ILS/App symbology behavior

- Fixed pitch ladder so it moves with FPM

- Fixed pitch ladder movement bounds

- Fixed FPM movement bounds

- Fixed accel chevrons behavior

- Fixed laser code bounds in mission editor

- Fixed AP Test not working

- Fixed incorrect yellow caution sound

- Fixed super radar

I appreciate that you immediately fixed the FPM issues the same day a post was made about it on the bugs forum. This is really awesome guys :) :thumbup:

I have not much knowledge on the Mirage, and haven't really played it that much. I'm not sure which ones have Magic lock or not but I think these videos can be of use to you (?) if you want some confirmation, I believe they are more relevant than F-1s videos:

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

So we are only going to get a lock tone for the Magic if the radar is on and we are in the TIR zone? Or is the TIR tone different than a normal lock tone?

JD

AKA_MattE

For MAGICs you get the lock tone as always. The TIR tone is only available with radar lock, because it is heard when the target range is within the NO ESCAPE zone. IR seekers cannot give range, you need the radar for that.

I appreciate that you immediately fixed the FPM issues the same day a post was made about it on the bugs forum. This is really awesome guys :) :thumbup:

I have not much knowledge on the Mirage, and haven't really played it that much. I'm not sure which ones have Magic lock or not but I think these videos can be of use to you (?) if you want some confirmation, I believe they are more relevant than F-1s videos:

Unfortunately in these videos the aircraft in question is using the guns. So not tone at all.

Video with audio of actual Ecuadorian Air Force (FAE) Mirage F-1 firing a Magic II against a Peruvian Air Force (FAP) Sukhoi-22 in 1995. You can hear a low buzz in the background, later at 0:14 you can hear the lock tone before the missile is fired. The pilots later confirm that the Su-22 was shot down over the jungle.

Edited by Zeus67

Unfortunately in these videos the aircraft in question is using the guns. So not tone at all.

Aha, that's a shame. I'll share if I come by another dogfighting video with voice. Thank you for your hard work guys :D.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

but he's getting a circle around the target - same as Magic's circle ...

and in some times even a triangle (gun snake still present)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

but he's getting a circle around the target - same as Magic's circle ...

and in some times even a triangle (gun snake still present)

Gun snake only appears with guns selected. The HUD also confirms the selected weapon: AAG (Air-to-Air Guns).

Reposting this:

Video with audio of actual Ecuadorian Air Force (FAE) Mirage F-1 firing a Magic II against a Peruvian Air Force (FAP) Sukhoi-22 in 1995. You can hear a low buzz in the background, later at 0:14 you can hear the lock tone before the missile is fired. The pilots later confirm that the Su-22 was shot down over the jungle.