2nd keyboard with custom key mappings?

I seem to run into a new problem. I am mapping my keys of my second keyboard like I am pressing them including ctrl and alt. the code looks like:

"Q C-A-Q"

the problem here is that when the programm is running and i press that button, the keys are just sometimes registerd as pressed all. But most of the times it just get registerd as a single q.

Need Help!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

impressive stuff, especially considered luamacros and hidmacros failed me... plus the ease of use of this software is amazing!

Now, when sending something 'composite' like

3 rC-Home Right engine start

in the example, all I get sent to DCS is the first modifier (e.g. rC- no home no nothing after that)

C-W-A would send just the first LCTRL.

I have Win10x64, the X-55, MFD Cougar and nothing else that could interfere, I believe...

This is just in the DCS settings->controls screen, when I do testing in Saitek's HUD software or in game every keypress passes as intended! Impressive work!

Edited by SPAS79

Hello,

impressive stuff, especially considered luamacros and hidmacros failed me... plus the ease of use of this software is amazing!

Now, when sending something 'composite' like

3 rC-Home Right engine start

in the example, all I get sent to DCS is the first modifier (e.g. rC- no home no nothing after that)

C-W-A would send just the first LCTRL.

I have Win10x64, the X-55, MFD Cougar and nothing else that could interfere, I believe...

This is just in the DCS settings->controls screen, when I do testing in Saitek's HUD software or in game every keypress passes as intended! Impressive work!

Example:

#000f A-. (TAB) Show Rearm and Refuel Window (LALT+Æ and LALT+.) - (RARM REFU) - ALL aircrafts
#0010 rS-L (Q) Electric Power Switch - MAIN POWER ON (RSHIFT+L) - (POWER ON/OFF) - FC3
#0011 rA-Home (W) Start LEFT engine (RALT+HOME) - (START LEFT) - FC3, A-10C
#0012 rC-Home (E) Start RIGHT engine (RCTRL+HOME) - (START RIGHT) - FC3, A-10C
#0013 S-D (R) Fuel Quantity Selector (LSHIFT+D) - (FUEL KNOB) - FC3
#0014 C-D (T) Bingo Fuel Index Down (LCTRL+D) - (BINGO DOWN) - FC3
#0015 A-D (Y) Bingo Fuel Index Up (LALT+D) - (BINGO UP) - FC3

I have all FC3 aircraft functions programmed for DELTACO Small Heavy keyboard if anyone wants it. Works like charm :joystick:

Deltaco heavy mini keyboard:

[ame]http://www.teknikproffset.se/PartnerFiles/Teknikproffset/resources/TB-109H.pdf[/ame]

EDIT: Sorry for the Norwegian keybindings :music_whistling:

Edited by HiJack

Some better examples with more keys in line:

#e048 rS-rC-H (Up Arrow) HUD Brightness Up (RSHIFT+RCTRL+H) - (HUD BRUP) - FC3
#e04f rS-rA-H (End) HUD Brightness Down (RSHIFT+RALT+H) - (HUD BRDN) - FC3

The last parentheses is the label i have patched the key with. Really works nice.

• 4 weeks later...

So, many years ago I bought a Logitech g13 for playing WoW. 24 programmable g-keys.. + thumbstick that is programmable for keystrokes as well. My hands aren't tiny or anything and I find it comfortable. I've contemplated using it for cdu inputs and the scratchpad or whatever it is under the hud in the a-10c.

No room for a second keyboard here.. but perhaps a programmable corsair keyboard minus the numpad? I bought a new keyboard - Strafe RGB, not knowing anything about it after spilling a drink on my 710+ and killing it.

To my surprise.. it started doing a light show like someone fed it hallucinogens when I installed the software. And further to my surprise.. every single key on the thing is programmable. I was disappointed about having no RWin key but i was able to program it to the application menu key. You could easily bind Ctrl+alt+q to any key on either one of these two devices. Or even bind CTRL+ALT to one key and place keys without modifiers on the rest. I'm not sure about my corsair yet, but I know my g13 has 3 modes which gives me at least 80 possible buttons.

G13 takes up less space.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

I must be a complete luddite because I have no idea what the ind\structions are telling me!

So I have downloaded the program but I dont understand this:

First, you must run install-interception. This tool must be run from an administrator command line. You must run cmd as administrator.

The easiest way to do that is in your windows search box, type ‘cmd’ then right click on Command Prompt and choose ‘Run as administrator’. Then cd to where you put the remapper folder. Then run install-interception without arguments to receive instructions.

After you install and do the necessary reboot your system, look at the DCS_remapper.txt file. This is an example of what you need to create.

Then you need to find the hardware ID for your second keyboard. Easiest way is to run remapper.exe with no args. But here’s the thing, YOU MUST TYPE THE COMMAND FROM THE KEYBOARD YOU WANT TO REMAP. It will print the hardware ID of the keyboard you hit enter on. Note that you do not need to run cmd as admin for remapper to work, so a standard cmd shell is ok.

Then right click in the cmd window and select ‘Mark’, then select that hardware ID, then Ctrl-C to copy it.

Next, create a .txt config file or edit mine. The first line MUST be the hardware id. So paste your hardware id into the first line. See DCS_remapper.txt for an example. Note that this id should not change for that particular keyboard, so you only have to do this once (I think?).

I can run as administrator from right clicking it, I cant type with my 2nd device in the command line, its a numerical pad?

Help??

• 2 weeks later...

Ok thx i will try tonight. I m searchin for a rapid way to program multiple keyboards. Like press a key and send shift key

Another keyboard at key press send ctrl key etc etc

In your script u wrote a command for all key... so i reprogram about 100key or plus for multiple keyboards

Edited by fritzproject

Hi, Great program, I use a Nostromo N52 which allows macro programing and up to 64 commands (I think). You need to use the Nostromo software to program it but it works great in DCS alongside the keyboard and is quite comfortable to use with my left hand.

This may be a good alternative and/or addition.

Greg

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Hi, Great program..

Yes I think so to but I only add one switch for one key so it will be like I'm having a physical cockpit for the switches. It changed the experience quite a lot actually so I envy those having a full cockpit built but this is the second to that. One can also of course buy some $350,- panels with switches but the keyboard will do fine for me for a long time.

• 4 weeks later...
I must be a complete luddite because I have no idea what the ind\structions are telling me!

So I have downloaded the program but I dont understand this:

I can run as administrator from right clicking it, I cant type with my 2nd device in the command line, its a numerical pad?

Help??

Sorry to bump but I am unable to use this, I dont know why, I just can seem to follow the instructions.

So I have 2 keyboards plugged in but the second doesnt have all the keys picture.php?albumid=506&pictureid=3428

I removed (and lost) all of the keys that were not being used on my UFC so I cant actually type sentences from it.

Would anyone be kind enough to go step by step please or do I need to get the 2nd keyboard able to type words?

I initially set it up so I can use the pinky and the 2nd keyboard which was fine, but now I use that with my primary for the CDU.

I could set another button as a modifier but wouldnt mind trying this program.

Thanks

Edited by Mr_Burns

I've been meaning to setup my game-specific keyboard. So I should be able to check this out this weekend.

I'll post what I find out.

• Like 1

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I just used that weird key next to no.1 that doesnt seem to do anything except open up a console in the middle of a FPS battle, seems ideal as a modifier and no other software needed.

Just means I have to take my hand off the stick to push the buttons.

• Like 1

Howdy,

What is the status of this project? I am very interested in it.

I currently use a Z-Board Fang gaming keypad. I recently picked this up because I'm left-handed and I use that when I used to play games.

I now use it every day all day long to aid me in multiple keyboard shortcuts for my work. It's a wonderful device and currently irreplaceable in my day-to-day activities.

Unfortunately, Steelseries, which bought out Z-Board, just is not supporting this device anymore past Windows 7. I've been limping along making it work, but I fear this will come to an end.

When you just plug in the device without the drivers, it's just a regular second keyboard. If I can use a good secondary keyboard mapper along with AutoHotKey . I think I would have a sustainable long-term solution that would work for operating systems to come.

Thanks

Airborne

Kevin

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

I am quite new to this forum. Just started flying on DCS, mainly A-10C, KA-50 and UH-1H.

Recently I downloaded the remapper, followed the instruction and it works!!

I got second usb keyboard and able to use it as different commands. Even tested with logitech USB keyboard, and it works too.

Thank you Steve for the program.

If this can be made to support third keyboard, than the possibility of usage is huge, including with multiple cheap numpads.

Thank you again.

Regards,

truemax

• 1 month later...

great util

per faith I had 2 keypads lying around here in my box of spare abundance, with 17 usable keys

so in KA-50 that is on the right the autopilot panel and on the left the targeting panel (for now)

in A10-C these define the most important OSB’s in the right and left MFCD’s TAD | DSMS | TGP | MAV | CDU etc

thx

(N.B. I do not understand why people would want to use the keycodes, for I use the simple key designators as per the sample page, i.e. NumEnter Num/ Num. Num9 etc.)

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |