Mission editor slow loading

lorfar

Hi

I don't know if it's an issue

when i click "Mission Editor" the time of loading it's slow.

About 1 minute 5 seconds.

When i close DCS 2.0 and i re open the time it's only 7 seconds (loading mission editor not DCS 2.0).

It's a problem or not ?

Thanks in advance

"I told Orville and i told Wilbur, that thing will never fly" The last fomous words

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just experienced it after the last update. I thought it would crash, but it eventually loaded the missions (after about a min).

Will see if this is now regular.

PC HW: i5 3770k@4.6GHz | Asus 1080Ti | 16GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO | MSI MPower Z77 Input: MS FFB2 w/ F-16 FLCS grip | CH Pro Throttle | MFG Crosswind | HTC Vive DCS modules: F-14, FW-190, P-51, Bf109, UH1, Mi-8, FC3, CE2

Okay, it seems it only happened once or twice and now it's back to normal.

TrackIR didn't work with the latest update though, I had to update to the latest version.

PC HW: i5 3770k@4.6GHz | Asus 1080Ti | 16GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO | MSI MPower Z77 Input: MS FFB2 w/ F-16 FLCS grip | CH Pro Throttle | MFG Crosswind | HTC Vive DCS modules: F-14, FW-190, P-51, Bf109, UH1, Mi-8, FC3, CE2

Yes, the first time I open the ME for that day it is extremely slow loading. Once in memory, the subsequent tries are much faster.

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Yes, the first time I open the ME for that day it is extremely slow loading. Once in memory, the subsequent tries are much faster.

Exactly problem (or not problem) ... once in memory it's fast

"I told Orville and i told Wilbur, that thing will never fly" The last fomous words

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, mission editor is really slow to load for me (several minutes when I first open it), and I just upgraded to a fast system. Seems like it's the terrain detail/map that is slow to load, maybe?

Windows 10 64bit / Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.30 GHz / 32GB RAM / GeForce GTX 1080 8GB / Dell UltraSharp 27 QHD U2715H 2560x1440 / Saitek X52 Pro Flight System / TrackIR 5

Yep, mission editor is really slow to load for me (several minutes when I first open it), and I just upgraded to a fast system. Seems like it's the terrain detail/map that is slow to load, maybe?

Yes maybe hi detail map...

Thanks for the reply to all

Edited by lorfar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

can you let us know you system spec?

thanks

Windows 8.1

Intel Core i7 4790S 3.20Ghz, 16 Gb Ram ddr3, Hdd 1Gb 7200 rpm, Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6 Gb ddr5.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

I think it is partially down to the unified exe and what the mission editor is loading when compared to how the old editor worked. For example switch to satellite textures and move your view around a bunch, notice how the textures load and switch LOD's just like they would if you were in the 3d world flying around or hitting F11 to view airbases that are far away. There is simply much more data its gotta load. I'm gonna guess it'll be a pretty noticeable difference between the maps as more become available.

Also first load after an update might take more time due to compiling shaders and what not...

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects: Scripting Wiki, Something...

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread), SLMOD, IADScript, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 3 weeks later...

Try running DCS as administrator.

I moved DCS World 2.0 out of the programs folder to C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha after that the issue with slow loading and saving in the Mission Editor was gone.

My Computer: i7 6850K OC 4.5 GHz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1x MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X, on a MSI X99A Godlike Gaming Carbon MB all watercooled w/3 pumps and outdoor cooler, 1x Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB, 1x Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB, SSD 2x450GB, 6 TB HDD's, Asus 27" LED G-Sync Rog Swift PG279Q 2560x1440 IPS, 30~165hz, Win 10 PRO 64bit.

• 2 months later...

Administrator and directory structure location on the disk has no impact on loading times. 1.5.x loads in seconds for me. 2.0.2.52658 takes several minutes of disk hammering.

-Pv-