[CLOSED, UNHELPFUL BICKERING] M2000C so far...

fjacobsen

No not really, I would't like to work where you do if you're saying that Beta's are feature incomplete..... really depends on you're definition, and as I said, it'd being stretched. Beta's are for users to pickup edge case bugs that QA and test did not discover and sometimes to add constructive comments to the usability of an application. Beta's are not some kind of rapid prototyping replacement or Alpha releases which is feature incomplete.

Believe me I know....

^^^^^

This :thumbup:

EDIT: But again, semantics and mistakes aside. As long as the final release does meet the features/quality advertised, and is not delayed by further "Betaware" early-access products, I don't have any problem with parking this one until it is fully complete.

Edited by syn

The Mirage is my last PRE-PURCHASE of anything from DCS. I am disappointed with the Hawk and now this..... I have no problem using a beta. I'm not particularly happy about paying $50 for an alpha. NO MORE PRE-PURCHASES!!

Please tell me the Nav lights are on the list of things to be changed.... Falcon BMS called and wants them back.

Edited by jcbak

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

My initial impressions...

It's incomplete, not only from a content standpoint but also the aircraft itself. IFF, RWR and INS all still need a lot of work it seems, but the flight model seems to be in good order. I am no Mirage expert, so I can't comment on accuracy, but I can say it passes the physics sniff test. That's a big deal to me and if I had to choose between a solid FM and more complete systems in the initial release, I'll take the FM every time. Hopefully the systems are completed over the next month or so.

Moving beyond that, graphically it's standard DCS, so no complaints there. I also appreciate the inclusion of multiple skins in the initial release, most other modules skip that. Sounds are immersive, though I can't comment on their realism. In combat, the lack of IFF and squished RWR output make it tricky. It's somewhere between the MiG-21 and MiG-29A (without R-73 or R-27ER/ET/T) currently but that may improve as features are completed. In air to ground, it does ok though the Rockeye's damage output needs to be looked at.

The strangest thing I've noticed about it is the FBW system. With the wings level, it's perfectly trimmed. But the instant it is rolled to the side, the nose drops hard, even in shallow turns. Due to the way the FBW system works, it seems impossible to properly trim the aircraft with FBW turned on. I don't know if that's realistic or not, but it did strike me as strange.

In any case, the initial release is about what I expected. Lots of bugs and some incomplete systems but it's mostly there.

The plane is auto-trimmed for stabilized straight flight. So if you reduce thrust or bank the nose fall, it's normal.

But you can engage AP and use roll trim command to perform level turns and pitch trim to cimb/ descent, even on final approach.

But you have to disengage for flare on landing.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Lots of potential with this one, its going to be good!

:thumbup:

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Please stop whining about some missing items. Nobody forced you to chip in at this stage. If you want a finished product, please wait while we test & devs fix.

Thanks Zeus and the crew!

Dude I can't agree more. I'm saddened when I read aggressive comments like some new posters that have no shame saying "Whaat, are they asking XX bucks for that! Laaaaame".

Hopefully the devs will have their filters ON. Way to go guys!

Well, there wouldn't be so much moaning if there was some kind of list what work what don't.

At least some kind of deep warning about.

People weren't used to get plane in such early stage because before except Hawk IIRC all modules on the beta release were more "cooked".

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

These are not bugs. The simple keys work. i.e. just program gear up/down to your joy instead of Gear Up and Gear Down.

I cant figure out the flaps.... Its Beta.... But I get kick a$$ frame rates...

The aircraft has no flaps. So don't worry about them ;)

• Like 1

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I for one want to say well done to RAZBAM, Im thoroughly impressed with it so far, yes I know its far from done and it has a fair few bugs, but so far I think its fantastic, its a joy to fly

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

I'm glad I bought it, it's a joy to fly :thumbup:. Being a beta, I expected bugs, and the devs said there will be missing features. I'd rather fly it now, even incomplete, than wait months for the release, and only watch the videos of someone else flying it. :D

Is there any chance of having a list of what currently isnt implemented, might help a lot of people who are wondering why various systems arent there etc.

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

I uploaded a post of one of the weepers here who was threatening to cry if the Mirage wasn't released 2 weeks ago and now he complains that Razbam shouldn't have released it and it's unfinished. Ridiculous

Haha, funny :)

A lot of people are hurt because they came in with the wrong expectations. I think those of us who followed the developers posts on the forums knew what we were getting. They have been honest about the state of the module. Sadly, I think they could have handled the release better from a marketing standpoint. What about all of those that didn't read the forums? What expectations did they have when paying up to 60$ for this module? Sure, the front page says "open beta", but I don't think that is quite enough information to be honest. Either they should have been more transparent about the state of the module to everyone (not just us who frequently visit forum), or they should have fleshed out the module more before letting it out in the open. I think Razbam will be taking this as a learning experience, in a similar fashion to what other third parties had to do after their first releases.

I uploaded a post of one of the weepers here who was threatening to cry if the Mirage wasn't released 2 weeks ago and now he complains that Razbam shouldn't have released it and it's unfinished. Ridiculous

Nobody cares. I don't see Muppet "weeping" here recently, so are you posting your screenshot all over the forums or what's your gameplan?

On a less stupid note, does anybody know where the parking brake is or how to set it? I've read it in several places in the manual saying to set it as part of the startup procedure, but not how to actually do it. And I've been unsuccessful straining my neck around with TrackIR and mousing over different things in the cockpit.

• Like 1

Nobody cares. I don't see Muppet "weeping" here recently, so are you posting your screenshot all over the forums or what's your gameplan?

On a less stupid note, does anybody know where the parking brake is or how to set it? I've read it in several places in the manual saying to set it as part of the startup procedure, but not how to actually do it. And I've been unsuccessful straining my neck around with TrackIR and mousing over different things in the cockpit.

33cdb6071f0a72719cb03b8e4be715ea.jpg

7783b1b6f5213a42c82c105cb12a1f91.jpg

94beb41476d8684342024bde36d06858.jpg

I'm very happy with the Mirage, it has everything I like: speed, manoevrability, good looks, rockets (big fan of those), cannon, a couple of heaters ... what do you want more? Very nice skins also!

The Super 530 is also a nice missile, very cool addition to the game, it needs practice to get the perfect shot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]