JU-87D-5/G-2

Ohgr

Looking forward to this......awesome work so far.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but did this model have the dive siren on it? will this be included in the finished module? if so will others be able to hear it in MP?

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Looking forward to this......awesome work so far.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but did this model have the dive siren on it? will this be included in the finished module? if so will others be able to hear it in MP?

The D-3 was the last variant to use the siten, so no it will not be included.

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

The D-3 was the last variant to use the siten, so no it will not be included.

well thats the one thing u would want from this plane right? i mean the first thing that comes in your mind after hearing the word stuka is the jericho trompets... can u guys please make it available in the arming menu or is there some weird sound problem with dcs?

Day one buy for me... Actually i'm going to buy the gazelle to help you guys!

About the siren, as DCS is no first person shooter, the jericho siren isn't going to be of much use (it was used to scare the oponents).

Being a russian in WWII and hearing the siren might be the same as being a taliban and hearing the unique A-10 engine sound...

Might be the last thing you will ever hear...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

Day one buy for me... Actually i'm going to buy the gazelle to help you guys!

About the siren, as DCS is no first person shooter, the jericho siren isn't going to be of much use (it was used to scare the oponents).

Being a russian in WWII and hearing the siren might be the same as being a taliban and hearing the unique A-10 engine sound...

Might be the last thing you will ever hear...

You would be astonished how gorgeous a passing Bf-109 or P-51D sounds in CA on the ground!

Even just for a F3 view pass I would get a hard on listening to the iconic sirens. :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

well thats the one thing u would want from this plane right? i mean the first thing that comes in your mind after hearing the word stuka is the jericho trompets... can u guys please make it available in the arming menu or is there some weird sound problem with dcs?

It's certainly not the sound engine. It's just a design decision I assume and infact by 1943-1945 sirens were indeed uncommon.

Sure, you could go for an earlier model (B-2, R, D-1), but than you get thrown against late war opposition on a theatre these machine didn't fight on (at least by 1944).

Either way I'm sure we'll get sirens - one way or the other. At least I'm sure I will :smilewink:

Creator of the

Immersive Daimler Benz Soundmod

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The mounts where there, and the sirens too. Just pilots did not use them a lot... as I am the pilot, I would like to make that decision for myself. ;)

It isn't that later Stukas had no mounts and could not use them, just the effect on the enemy was no longer as profound as in the early years of the war.

Just an option to choose on the special tab in the ME like for the helicopters add-on armor (Mi-8), or weapons mounts (UH-1H) would be fine. :)

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to introduce everyone to our first community render of the G-2. Keep in mind there is still some work to be done on the exterior model but we hope you enjoy :)

Really looking forward to this "Kanonenvogel"! :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

As far as I know the D-5 and G series marked the switch to Bomber (Schlachtflugzeug) and Tankkiller, so not used for divebombing. The D-5 was still equipped like the predecessors apart from the upgrades, especially the wings. Not sure the mounts and Lärmgerät where fitted, more likely they didn't, as divebombing and the psychological effects were no longer in use, but it shouldn't prevent fitting the sirens.

If you ask me, just add them as optional gear to make people happy! At least I would be happy. :)

Shagrat

Although I think pilots were already removing them by B versions, this is a thing which has not much harm in including as an options, it provides no advantages, infact, adds considerable drag. So if someone wants to experience it, or use it in a video or something, it's their choice.

I am not personally interested in having it, but it would be a good idea to include it.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

• 1 month later...

The sirens were removed from the B-series onwards. They installed the sirens on the bombs instead for the same effect. Also if we talk about '44 scenario, the SD 50 were more and more replaced by SD 70 bombs which an be fitted at the same bomb-rack

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Exactly, I was thinking about this module the other day. Hope it's progressing well. A sneak pic would help. :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought this would have been mentioned to the community by now. Unfortunately I can no longer continue my work with Polychop therefore I am no longer working on the stuka. Whether or not it will come to DCS is not something I can answer. Thanks to all who supported!

Bryan

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

Sadly to hear hope is nothing serious with polychop Team, wish you best luck for the future Poly_B thx for hard work on the Gazelle..:thumbup:

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27