OP Hammerfall 3 (help with mission)

Hey, thanks for these questions.

I think you only need to destroy the bunkers and the ZU-23s next to them, though I am not entirely sure, I will try to check that tonight and get back to you.

As for point 4) it is possible that either there was some unit that was killed by the Georgians quite late OR they didn't kill it but secondary / backup trigger kicked in (devised to be there in case Georgians don't find everything they should and based on time since their arrival rather than carnage) OR (which is most likely) the building was damaged and burning, but not counted as destroyed by the DCS (happens quite often, they do explode after some time but are not attacked by AI ground forces in between)

JTAC is only there for bunkers, but they need to be destroyed before you can send Georgians in.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just replayed this mission tonight. I think I need to tweak a setting as my DCS is loading the seasons, including dawn/dusk based on the system clock time of year. This mission was hard when it was daylight. I just tried it in the dark.

It didn't go well. Almost flew into a mountain, twice. The bunkers were easy with a single dual JDAM pass, but the SA9 and ZSUs I just couldn't find a safe location to orbit without being able to see the terrain long enough to properly scan the area. Tried a few run ins using labels aiming the mavericks at the red labels, took out something but received a SAM in response. No missile launch warning just BANG, master caution and no engines.

Still fun though. Challenging and frustrating, probably next to impossible but still fun.

I found the key here is to use your TAD map to find that sweet spot to get below the clouds. And to learn to drop JDAMS from above the cloud layer.

Yea, that's pretty much what I did for the bunkers. They were easy to spot on TGP. To look for the SAM and other stuff would require I get heads down, but it was dark. Couldn't see the terrain under the clouds so couldn't locate myself somewhere safe enough to spend time in the TGP.

It must be a setting I'm missing as when I originally played the mission is was well after dawn and well light by the time I got on target.

• 3 months later...
One question regarding this mission: Am I supposed to enter the "scan area" and contact JTAC so that he gives me coordinates to all targets and the bunkers, or am I supposed to first find and take out the SA-9 myself before contacting JTAC and getting the coordinates for the bunkers?

Better to first take out the SA-9, bunkers won't go anywhere :)

I just played the mission for the first time....quite difficult i see (and with dcs a10 TGP is really difficult also in weather conditions).

I didn't manage to spot the SA-9 (just one AAA)...also the wingman when tasked just ignored meand major problem was that i have no JTAC option in the menu...i am sure that the radio is ok with frequencies and options i just don't have the menu option

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

JTAC afaik becomes available after you destroyed the SA-9.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

JTAC afaik becomes available after you destroyed the SA-9.

Ok thanks....so looking forward to find a way to destroy that damn sam

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

Check a few posts before, on the previous page :)

I did it thanks.....

Anyway Yesterday i tried the mission for the second time...i was able to shoot at the 2 AAA (maverick), the strela (using markpoints and JDAM over the cloud layer), then called JTAC, but it stopped responding when i tried to answer "ready for remarks and further talking". Wingmen were absolutely useless.

Destroyed the bunker alone and then crashed into mountains :lol:

tonight will try again...

Baltic dragon thanks for this wonderful campaign, it is just a shame that DCS has too many bugs

Thanks for the kind words!

You don't need to contact JTAC to destroy the bunkers, they are quite easy to spot at the entrance to the valley. So if JTAC stops responding just take them out. Good luck on your third try!

I just finished my third and completely successful attempt...jtac and wingmen completely unuseful..but the mission is really fun...thanks again

• 4 months later...
Found the SA-9, strafed it dead.

Checked in with JTAC, and he won't respond to "Ready to copy remarks" after about 10 minutes of repeating the comm. I went ahead and blew apart the camp, landed, but still no mission complete. I'm getting kinda bummed out since I can't progress into the rest of this awesome campaign.

Old post but I had the same problem today. No response from JTAC when I was "ready to copy remarks".

First of all I took out the SAM with an JDAM from above the clouds. Then I called the JTAC but I couldnt get all the information that I needed. Tried a few bomb runs against the bunkers anyway but the bombs where hitting the mountain side instead. Took help from my wingmen and they helped me taking out those bunkers. RTB and mission complete!

Sorry for my bad english. :smilewink:

• 4 months later...

Hey, thanks for the great campaign!

I'm having some trouble with this mission. I took out the SA-9 with a maverick and the two bunkers with a GBU-38 each. I then got the prompt to call Uzi in and did so. After a while they arrived and shortly after I got a message to the effect of job's done time to RTB. I returned to Kobuleti and landed but didn't get a "Mission Success!" message like I normally do, and after exiting I noticed the campaign didn't progress. Did I miss something or did I complete all objectives but the campaign just didn't progress for some reason (in which case I will sneakily edit my logbook to force it to progress ;) )?

Aside: has this mission been changed significantly since its inception? I noticed a lot of people saying it is perhaps the hardest mission of the campaign, whereas I found for example the mission where you have to protect that escaped prisoner (Schaefer I think was his name) as he drives a jeep to safety a lot harder! The cloud ceiling makes it a bit tricky but I found it relatively straightforward to snipe the SA-9 from out of its range, spot targets from a safe distance, then climb above the clouds and drop GBUs on their heads ;)

Edited by The Integrator

Eagerly anticipating DCS: Space Shuttle

Hey, thanks for the great campaign!

I'm having some trouble with this mission. I took out the SA-9 with a maverick and the two bunkers with a GBU-38 each. I then got the prompt to call Uzi in and did so. After a while they arrived and shortly after I got a message to the effect of job's done time to RTB. I returned to Kobuleti and landed but didn't get a "Mission Success!" message like I normally do, and after exiting I noticed the campaign didn't progress. Did I miss something or did I complete all objectives but the campaign just didn't progress for some reason (in which case I will sneakily edit my logbook to force it to progress ;) )?

Aside: has this mission been changed significantly since its inception? I noticed a lot of people saying it is perhaps the hardest mission of the campaign, whereas I found for example the mission where you have to protect that escaped prisoner (Schaefer I think was his name) as he drives a jeep to safety a lot harder! The cloud ceiling makes it a bit tricky but I found it relatively straightforward to snipe the SA-9 from out of its range, spot targets from a safe distance, then climb above the clouds and drop GBUs on their heads ;)

First You need to destroy the bunker and SA9 then all targets ( infantry and vehicles ). Because Uzi can’t destroy all targets

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

First You need to destroy the bunker and SA9 then all targets ( infantry and vehicles ). Because Uzi can’t destroy all targets

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I did it again recently and in addition to the SA9 and the bunkers I destroyed the two machine gun emplacements inside the main camp (and all of the infantry in the process). I looked on TacView and by the time Uzi arrived there were only 3 enemy jeeps left, and by the time I landed back at Kobuleti Uzi had completely cleared the camp, yet the campaign still does not progress.

After a while they arrived and shortly after I got a message to the effect of job's done time to RTB. I returned to Kobuleti and landed but didn't get a "Mission Success!" message like I normally do, and after exiting I noticed the campaign didn't progress.

That sounds like a bug in the mission, and you should probably edit your logbook in order to progress. ;)

When I last tested this mission, it progressed just fine after I got the RTB clearance.

The weather might have been a bit worse in an earlier version of DCS, but I think it's still quite a challenge. ;)

Experienced players who know how to set markpoints and use JDAMs against them will probably find the mission more or less straightforward. Those who are still relatively new to the A-10C will certainly have their hands full. :)

But yeah, the Schaefer mission is quite demanding as well.

• Like 1

That sounds like a bug in the mission, and you should probably edit your logbook in order to progress. ;)

When I last tested this mission, it progressed just fine after I got the RTB clearance.

The weather might have been a bit worse in an earlier version of DCS, but I think it's still quite a challenge. ;)

Experienced players who know how to set markpoints and use JDAMs against them will probably find the mission more or less straightforward. Those who are still relatively new to the A-10C will certainly have their hands full. :)

But yeah, the Schaefer mission is quite demanding as well.

Thanks, I edited my logbook and have now continued with the campaign. After completing the next mission the campaign progressed normally.

:thumbup:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hamerfall 2 trouble

Glad it worked this time. I don't know any reason for the JTAC to be greyed out, unless the unit was destroyed, but I think in that case the JTAC menu would completely disappear from the radio menu.

Like Razor said, the JTAC coordinates are not accurate enough. DCS JTACs always give MGRS coords with 6 digits, providing a 100x100 meter grid in which the target is located. For bomb on coordinates, you'd need a 10 digit MGRS with 1x1 meter precision (or maybe an 8 digit coordinate with 10x10 meter precision for soft targets) - which, unfortunately, the JTAC will never provide, so like Razor said, you need to go down below the clouds, mark the targets yourself, preferably using markpoints, and then drop GBU38 on the markpoints.

I gotta say, though, that Op Hammerfall 3 is one of the toughest missions I've ever flown in DCS. Baltic Dragon really shows the sadist parts of his personality with this one. :D

I seem to have a different order of events. When I hit IP Alpha, Warrior passes 10-digit UTMs for the Grouse and Gaskin. 38s from above the clouds on these have been no problem and I get both targets destroyed.

I never hear anything back from Warrior after this point. The briefing gives accurate coordinates for the bunkers so I’ve dropped on those as well, but mission doesn’t progress.

What am I missing?

• 2 years later...

when i complete this mission at the very end i cant click the green button which says end mission even if ive completed it fully! ive ran it at least 4 times with the same resuts, i should mention im on open beta and the a-10c2 updated verison.. but still cant end the mission any help would be great thanks, or an option to skip missions that have bugs would be even better