OP Hammerfall 3 (help with mission)

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case my wingmen aren't spotting the Strela, where the hell is that thing? :) They spot and eliminate everything else, but can't seem to find the main threat.

I worked over the target until there was no structure left, but never saw the SAM launcher or took a shot from it...any pointers?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

Found the SA-9, strafed it dead.

Checked in with JTAC, and he won't respond to "Ready to copy remarks" after about 10 minutes of repeating the comm. I went ahead and blew apart the camp, landed, but still no mission complete. I'm getting kinda bummed out since I can't progress into the rest of this awesome campaign.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

Checked in with JTAC, and he won't respond to "Ready to copy remarks" after about 10 minutes of repeating the comm. I went ahead and blew apart the camp, landed, but still no mission complete. I'm getting kinda bummed out since I can't progress into the rest of this awesome campaign.

So you get comms with JTAC, but he just doesn't respond after checking in?

I think some people have had similar problems in the past. That sometimes seems to happen in very crowded missions with lots of comms. Apparently, DCS queues radio calls, so it can take a long time for AI to respond, and sometimes messages seem to get dropped entirely.

Anyway, in this mission, there are very few AI comms as far as I remember, so that shouldn't be the cause of the problem. Maybe a new problem with AI comms?

In any case, you don't really need the JTAC. He can guide you to the bunkers, but these are relatively big structures, and if you can spot them, just take them out with whatever weapon works best.

Basically, your task is to destroy the SA-9 first, then destroy all bunkers guarding entrance to the valley (two of them IIRC), and then remain on station while the Georgian convoy makes its way into the valley to take out all remaining targets. If you manage to destroy AA gun encampments, the convoy will have an easier job, but they have some MBTs IIRC, so they should be able to mop everything up on their own.

TL;DR: Destroy Strela, destroy bunkers, wait for call to RTB. A walk in the park. :D

Good luck! :thumbup:

Flew this mission last night and despite a couple of minor bugs, it was some of the most fun I've had in DCS!

The 1st issue:

My wingmen sat at the hold point for runway 7 for about 10 minutes after I took off. I tried calls to rejoin or break right however these had no effect on their behavior. When I was between steer 2 and 3 they finally reported wheels up and carried on as normal. This feels more like a DCS issue than a mission specific, but I haven't had time to test it more.

The 2nd issue:

I had the same issue with contacting Warrior as Zilch above, they provide a 9 line but when I reported 'ready to copy remarks' on there was no reply at all. However I did as Yurgon suggested and attacked the bunkers on my own. Being a muppet I destroyed half the camp before I noticed the bunkers, however some well placed 38's from my flight took care of them. Anvil completed their tasks, meaning I was cleared to RTB and got the debrief upon landing, so by no means a mission breaking issue!

This is my first play through of TEW but every mission so far has been great. I can't wait to progress further.

Thanks Baltic!

Thanks Dec-F!

Looks like both issues are DCS - related, as mission designer I don't have any control over taxi (and I wish that I had!) and over JTAC. I encountered this problem once as well, during campaign upgrade I might just replace him with a totally new unit, that might help.

Enjoy the rest of the campaign!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 1 month later...

Is there a quick guide what to do to finish this mission? (try 11 time and today may be last one :/)

I try various of possibilities but end up mostly like this:

1. when Im in area I wait till my forces got ambushed

2. all targets suddenly disappear after my forces were destroyed

3. wingman irresponsive totally - (don't need him anyway)

4. after all targets disappeared I wait at the air till bingo fuel - nothing happens. That's it.

Is there quick guide just to past that mission cause I cannot stand, trying to figure it, how to deal with that, specially when you airborne thinking what's next. War zone is the last place to do that wrrr.

I would be pleased for some solution for dummy (me)

Edited by MAS

Ryzen 7 1700 (OC 4.0)|32GB RAM 2400|Nvidia 1080 OC|ASUS X370 PRO|EVGA 750|SSD SAMSUNG 500MB|4T GB HDD|Thrustmaster Hotas X|32" 1080p|Track IR 5|Win10 x64|

Hey MAS - just to be on the same page, you are talking about the mission 7, in which you are supposed to take out enemy defences at the entrance to the valley where CLA training camp is located?

If so, first thing you need to do is take out enemy Strela in the valley - get below the cloud cover in the valley (be careful though, use TAD as reference to get into the lowlanss and not hit the mountains) and kill the Strela with maverick.

Send second maverick on the group of enemy soldiers including those with MANPADS or, alternatively, target them with TGP, note down exact coordinates, get above the cloud cover and use GBU - 38.

Then contact JTAC and destroy both bunkers guarding the entrance (wingmen can help you here).

After that call in the ground troops. If you do that earlier, they will probably get ambushed and wiped out.

Let me know if that works!

Hey Baltic Dragon

It was night mission with the castle and my ground forces being ambushed, but I checked right now and somehow (I don't know how, cause I switch off computer after killing everything It moves - didn't even landed ) It looks that I pass that mission last night I was struggling with. (God bless :)

New mission is op Hammerfall - patrol. I haven't been playing yet, but it will be pleasure to compare to previous one. THX for any support. I'm flying away .... :D

Ryzen 7 1700 (OC 4.0)|32GB RAM 2400|Nvidia 1080 OC|ASUS X370 PRO|EVGA 750|SSD SAMSUNG 500MB|4T GB HDD|Thrustmaster Hotas X|32" 1080p|Track IR 5|Win10 x64|

Hi BD

When I want to "hire" my wingman he stays irresponsive. When I want to give him order, menu comes partially black (engage... ). Im new in terms of radio but I can quickly find out how to make it work. How to connect to my wingman to let him operate with me?

Hi BD

When I want to "hire" my wingman he stays irresponsive. When I want to give him order, menu comes partially black (engage... ). Im new in terms of radio but I can quickly find out how to make it work. How to connect to my wingman to let him operate with me?

Are you on the same frequency? Do you use UHF for intra-flight radio traffic?

Check if you have EASY COMMS to ON - sounds like it from your description.

This campaign uses a very advanced radio comms system and won't work with easy comms - you will have to do it the hard way, meaning remembering to be on a correct frequency and in correct mode for all three radios all the time.

I used UHF and everything works perfectly and thanks to this campaign I've learn how to set up and use all radios and hire my wingman.

THX

• 3 months later...

Hi still not able to complete mission. I bomb the two bunkers. I also bomb the tents in front of them. The only things remaining are the two big white houses. Jtac tells me I can depart. Still in the end mission not completed and no sign of anvil. What am I doing wrong?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I've just completed this mission and really enjoyed it, thank you very much. I've noticed a couple of glitches though.

1) Warrior 1-1 didn't proceed after my "Ready to copy remarks" call. To get coordinates of the 2nd bunker I had to cheat poor JTAC. I told "check out", and then immediately "check in". JTAC gave me the second bunker to attack. I guess this is DCS-wide issue rather than a bug in this particular mission.

2) After I bombed the 2nd bunker, and did my "check out" - "check in" trick, JTAC responded with "no further tasks, you may depart". However, the 2nd bunker wasn't looking like damaged or on fire. Is it supposed to be?

3) The mission didn't proceed further. I didn't get F10 option to call Georgian forces in. So I took out two ZU-23s near the bunkers with MAVs and then made my wingman kill the 3rd lonely ZU-23 on the mountain slope. Only after this I got F10 option and the mission proceeded.

4) When Georgian column reached the final waypoint, it literally stopped there, and nothing happened. By that time my wingmen killed all the troops and a couple of buildings there, with only one building and a couple of containers remaining. I found nothing smarter than to attack this building with rockets, and immediately after that I got radio from georgians and Overlord to depart. Is this a coincidence.

I just wonder what was the original plot:

1) Should I take out all three ZU-23s to proceed?

2) Is JTAC supposed to pinpoint anything except bunkers?

3) Do I need to destroy all the buildings in the camp to proceed?