Bugs and problems

2.1 loads to main menu, lets me select mission, click start then thats it. It hangs after that, unable to fly so far. Put deferred to off and made sure all other settings remained the same.

Only mods I have at the moment are for the Gazelle, english cockpit mod and clear glass mod.

Going to remove mods completely and see what happens

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wi-fi 2 motherboard, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus ROG Strix OC GeForce RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm side mounted intake fans and 3 x 140mm top mounted exhaust fans, 1 x 140mm rear mounted exhaust fans, front mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in 3 push, 3 pull intake configuration, 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals. 

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotcha!

Didnt even notice the topic, lol. Just frustrated today...

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wi-fi 2 motherboard, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus ROG Strix OC GeForce RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm side mounted intake fans and 3 x 140mm top mounted exhaust fans, 1 x 140mm rear mounted exhaust fans, front mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in 3 push, 3 pull intake configuration, 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals. 

• 1 month later...

Hey BD, first of all thanks for the amazing campaign so far!

Unfortunately I keep running into a game breaking bug at the moment...

In mission 10 (Birds of Prey) where you rescue Schaeffer, I get him towards the farm with no problem. Every enemy is dead at this moment (the roadblock, the 3 UAZ's and the AA).

However, when all hell breaks loose after he reaches the farm, he just dies instantly and the mission is failed. I get a call that an enemy is approaching from the mosque, Schaeffer dies a second later, and then I get a call that a T55 has been spotted. There is no time to respond, and I don't think you intended it like this.

I have done the mission 4 times now, everytime this happens.

I really do hope there is a fix, because I am seriously enjoying this amazing campaign!

Hey!

The bad news is that I cannot do anything for some time, as I am on holidays and away from the gaming rig :( I will try to check it, however, on the laptop, perhaps I will find a potential bug and try to fix it that way.

I sure didn't intend it to happen this way, no. Let me see what I can do about it around a week from now. Sorry I can't react quicker!

Also, I will see if perhaps there is a way to make the campaign progress without saving Schaeffer, that would be a partial solution to your problem.

Cheers,

BD

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Also, I will see if perhaps there is a way to make the campaign progress without saving Schaeffer, [...]

:director: Noooooooooo, you can't do that!

(I'm a little biased because Schaefer's voice carries a certain resemblance to mine, and I wouldn't want to be left behind! Errr, I mean, I wouldn't want him to be left behind, you guys know what I mean... :music_whistling: :D)

Thanks BD! Your response is fast enough, enjoy your holiday for now!

And Yurgon, don't worry I'll still try my best for you..urm Schaeffer I mean. If I tell you to duck for cover, maybe that increase his survivability?:thumbup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, tried again today, unfortunately same results.

I did find out that it is the T-55 that kills him, he gets shot the second that T-55 spawns, just after the first call comes in for inbound enemy troops. Weirdly tho, after i got the Schaeffer killed message, he was still on the radio, and the mission continued as if he was still alive. After landing I got 2 debriefings at once, the succesful one and the failed one. Campaign didnt advance.

I was planning on getting you a track and some screenshots of what was happening, unfortunately my game crashed when I tried to exit the mission, and it corrupted both the track and the screenshots...

• 4 weeks later...

JTAC still won't work- "Ready to Copy Remarks"

On mission 4 or 5 (where your flying in the mountains under low cloud cover to destroy AAA and SA-9 etc. ) the JTAC will not respond past "ready to copy remarks". I've tried the mission multiple times, including flying directly over the JTAC, deactivated all my sound mods, restarting DCS. Still won't work. I could destroy the shelters the JTAC is talking about, which is what I've done in the past but it ruins immersion.

I tested the JTAC out on one of the Georgian Hammer missions and for what ever reason it worked fine.

JTAC Radio is set to manual, on T/R, and 30.00 (just like the briefing says). Have no problem checking in, checking out, and having the line read by the JTAC...but it absolutely will not go past "ready to copy remarks" phase.

EDIT: I'm coming back to DCS after a long hiatus in BMS and assumed this issue had been remedied. Just noticed that I'm not the only one having this issue based on previous comments in this thread.

Edited by dadunn1700

• 2 weeks later...

Mission 15 bug

Hi, I have problem in mission 15: Leave no man behind.

I cleared the area, contacted shotted pilot and call for Pontiac for pick up the pilot. Pointiac lands and report "we have visual on pilot" (or something like that...) And that is the last message i have got. Pointiac just sits there and nothing.One soldier mindlessly

stands next to helicopter and thats all.

Track below

Please help.

15.trk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't seem to progress past Mission 3 in the campaign. It looks like a recent update may have broken it? When I arrive at the outpost that's been hit, radio communication seems to stop working. My wingman stops responding to orders over the radio (UHF 251) and ATC stops responding as well (VHF AM 133). This is problematic because even after I destroy the AA, trucks, and infantry in the town to the North, my pilot doesn't announce this over the radio and the mission doesn't continue.

Maybe a month ago I was playing this campaign and I was able to progress past this, but after a campaign reset it's consistently stopped working — I've attempted three or four times at this point and nothing I do causes my pilot to report neutralization of the enemy, and nothing I do allows me to regain radio contact with my wingman or ATC, even when I've verified radio contact minutes prior to arriving at the outpost.

Based on recent posts to the bugs thread on the eagle.ru forums, it looks like you might be going back through the campaign and fixing some bugs caused by a recent update, but just wanted to make sure you were aware of this one.

Thanks for your work!

• 3 weeks later...

hello, i need help to complete mission 15 "Leave No Man Behind" i cant get in contact with colt (the soldier that need rescue) i tune the radio on 130AM but he doesn't answer. I can't hear him... somehow the comunication go forward with me talking to anyone and the radio menu get updated with new things to say to him, i arrive at the point where the chopper land to save him but he doesn't move and i can do anything.. colt is alive i can see him..

I don't know what to do i tried 10 times this mission :(

I can't seem to progress past Mission 3 in the campaign. It looks like a recent update may have broken it? When I arrive at the outpost that's been hit, radio communication seems to stop working. My wingman stops responding to orders over the radio (UHF 251) and ATC stops responding as well (VHF AM 133). This is problematic because even after I destroy the AA, trucks, and infantry in the town to the North, my pilot doesn't announce this over the radio and the mission doesn't continue.

Maybe a month ago I was playing this campaign and I was able to progress past this, but after a campaign reset it's consistently stopped working — I've attempted three or four times at this point and nothing I do causes my pilot to report neutralization of the enemy, and nothing I do allows me to regain radio contact with my wingman or ATC, even when I've verified radio contact minutes prior to arriving at the outpost.

Based on recent posts to the bugs thread on the eagle.ru forums, it looks like you might be going back through the campaign and fixing some bugs caused by a recent update, but just wanted to make sure you were aware of this one.

Thanks for your work!

Hey, IIRC you told me that you moved on - it was an issue with not all of the trucks being destroyed, right?

Hi,

Unfortunately, I have the same issue in Mission 15. I think my pilot prefers to stay away from these rotor blades...

Is there any ETA on the update? Or a workaround?

hello, i need help to complete mission 15 "Leave No Man Behind" i cant get in contact with colt (the soldier that need rescue) i tune the radio on 130AM but he doesn't answer. I can't hear him... somehow the comunication go forward with me talking to anyone and the radio menu get updated with new things to say to him, i arrive at the point where the chopper land to save him but he doesn't move and i can do anything.. colt is alive i can see him..

I don't know what to do i tried 10 times this mission :(

I flew the mission yesterday on test build for the upcoming 1.5.7 update. The good news is that the downed pilot is now moving. The bad news is that he is moving to a different spot that he is told to - but I think I found a way to make it work again. Submitted to ED, fix should be out with the next update.

On the radios - you contact Colt 1-1, the lead of the flight whose wingman was shot down on 130AM. To contact with the downed pilot you need to be on 30FM. Flew it yesterday and all worked very well.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I found a bug, in the mission where you have to protect the fleeing German soldier in UAZ. His UAZ gets stuck in a slope between the checkpoint you have to destroy and a village he left, which makes the mission impossible to finish. I gave it two tries, same problem in both instances.

I also have the problem that the downed pilot in Mission 15 does not want to get into the Blackhawk.

It's a pity that is already the third campaign in DCS World that I can not finish because of such mistakes :doh: .... hopefully everything will be better with 2.5 !!! :music_whistling:

Edited by Joker84

• 2 months later...

I noticed in 2.5 on Mission 19, OP MASADA, in the briefing in the mission the Radio Freq for Dodge (Your Flight) is listed as FM 33 but in the PDF doc its listed as UHF 251. In the mission it's FM 33 that works to get a hold of your wingman.

May want to update the mission to make sure all the stuff matches.

Maybe the PDF I'm using is from Release version? I'm not sure.