The Enemy Within DLC

I finished the campaign yesterday. I played the old 1.5.8 since my computer can't run 2.5.

Very good campaign, immersive, fun and with balanced missions. I had no problems with any mission, except in the naval interception, where the F16 crashed before they could be shot down so I never received the lines and I was totally surprised with the chat in the next mission "leave no man behind"

The ones that made me sweat where the babysitting one (damned german guy!) and the attack on the compound at the end of a cloudy valley. GBU were not as accurate as I wanted and I switched loadout to full 6X mavericks to finish it.

I'm looking forward to get the F15C one soon and any campaign you make. Good stuff. Keep up the good work!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi BD,

Just a quick not to say what a great campaign this is. And that last mission is a real battle to the finish line! I finally (after around 5 attempts) managed to nail that base with the supplied rockets and escape the gun fire.

I’m moderately new to DCS and it looks like this was your first campaign before the M2000 and it’s been interesting to see the difference between the two. I really enjoyed the general comms with your wingmen that went on in the M2000 and would have loved to have heard more of that with this.

Looks like im on to M2000 Red Flag now, I really hope you get a few more campaigns out because I’m nearly all caught up!

Hey! Glad you liked it and yeah, it is still fun but you can also tell that it is quite old. Especially when you compare it to M-2000C Red Flag. Having said that, I am preparing a small surprise for December regarding the TEW...

Also, apart from Red Flag there is F-15C: The Georgian War one, the only one done for Flaming Cliffs.

Cheers!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I am preparing a small surprise for December regarding the TEW...

I'm liking the sound of that, will no doubt be up for a replay by then :thumbup:

The Georgian War was actually the first campaign (of yours) I completed - also excellent. Like many I picked up Flaming Cliffs quite soon after getting bitten by the DCS bug - then came the A10-C, UH-1H, M2000...

• 1 month later...

Hey baltic_dragon, I have the same problem with the last mission, I have enemy dots enabled but all I can see is some big trees and red dots behind it. I fired the rockets blindly but all I hit was the trees and after passing them got hit by AA fire. I'll try to come from greater height next time though. This is all with latest DCS non-beta version.

The campagin is pretty good, too bad wingman is pretty bad and crashes a lot.

A suggestion maybe, it would be nice to have more satellite/aerial photos (which you can do from DCS I guess and just grayscale them) of the target area before every mission in the briefing, because it's hard to know what exacly you're are searching for otherwise.

Keep up the good work!

So I finished the final mission in the second go by getting to the target a little higher, destroyed the target, did a turn and on the way back destroyed a couple of targets with my gun but got hit. My right engine was on fire but I managed to take it out and somehow land with just one engine (never done that before). Felt great to land almost in one piece :D.

@baltic_dragon, that would be great - there is a target picture attached in the last mission, but because at the time you made the snapshot there weren't any trees it looks nothing like it actually is now.