Slmod for DCS 1.5/2.0

While the slstats (in json) for the same initiator pilot that got the kill above reports.

Notice the kill count is 171. It should be 1.

hi Sockeye, we are using a post-SL-MoD work around for this right now. Basically, each time we update the stats table on the website (hourly) we check each kill score for obviously erroneous counts (i.e. scores over 20 or so). If such a score shows, we just adjust it down to a 1.

Naturally, it would be better if DCS was pumping the correct scores to Sl-MoD in the first place, but this is a bit of jiggery pokery that does the trick in the meantime.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

hi Sockeye, we are using a post-SL-MoD work around for this right now. Basically, each time we update the stats table on the website (hourly) we check each kill score for obviously erroneous counts (i.e. scores over 20 or so). If such a score shows, we just adjust it down to a 1.

Naturally, it would be better if DCS was pumping the correct scores to Sl-MoD in the first place, but this is a bit of jiggery pokery that does the trick in the meantime.

Got it. That's a smart short term fix!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Found the source of the kill count bug. It was a wonderful example of a call failing to create an error due to a nil value. Also fixed a bug with collisions so that collision TK information in 2.5.6 should be working now.

In the initial test I fixed the overall kill count bug but the PvP counting wasn't working as expected. Only had a brief time to test it before my helper had to go for the night so I didn't get a chance to diagnose it fully. Though it did make me think a bit on the utility of the PvP stat...

I am deciding to go more depth on the stats, but at the same time a lot of the more advanced PvP stats is outside the scope of what should be counted from an in-game only interface. On top of that slmod has the rules built in to decide whether or not to count the kill based on attributes that becomes less useful when storing the actual object types. It also requires me to constantly check if new objects are added, for instance in testing with the JF-17 used it didn't cause the kill count bug, but when we switched to an Su-27 it started to occur. So the JF-17 attributes likely impacted the behavior. For the PvP stats I'm thinking toward:

0. Ditch it entirely. This data is better aggregated via web-services parsing the events for people who care about PvP stuff.

1. Keep it as a basic kill/loss counter, but with added parameter of being the PvP stats for each aircraft. Unknown whether or not it should keep the "PvPRules."

2. As a separate kill list but for PvP events, ignores the PvP rules. If you shoot down an A-10 in a Flanker it gets added to the Su-27>PvP>A-10 kills list. Could make a different list for AI kills and player kills or could add all the totals to kills, but PvP kills would be its own thing. Basically

A: Su-27>PVP>A-10 = 3 and Su-27>Kills>A-10 = 7

B: Su-27>PVP>A-10 = 3 and Su-27>Kills>A-10 = 10

With A the kills represents only kills against AI aircraft. With B the kills list is AI and players, while knowing how many were AI or player is by checking the number of PvP kills.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Hi Grimes,

My preference would be to go for option 0. As you say, specific users can then tailor the stats to their needs.

For SoW we would prefer for Sl-MoD to simply record ALL kills without any scaling or PvE v PvP corrections.

Then we can use our own parsing to work out which ones we show, and how we show them.

Edited by philstyle

Hi Grimes,

My preference would be to go for option 0. As you say, specific users can then tailor the stats to their needs.

For SoW we would prefer for Sl-MoD to simply record ALL kills without any scaling or PvE v PvP corrections.

Then we can use our own parsing to work out which ones we show, and how we show them.

+1 to option 0

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

What rules would you guys prefer for shared kills? Partial or whole credit and based on what parameters?

I would prefer that SL-MoD simply allocated % of a kill to the various actors involved. Based on number of hits, if there isn't a better way.

For example:

John_Doe was destroyed by

AcePilot99 0.65

MrHotShot 0.25

AA_Gun 0.1

Then, we could take those percentages and convert them into our own credit system, assuming each individual victory was recorded, because summing half-scores up makes no sense (i.e. 0.65 + 0.65 does not make sense as 1.3 kills)

Alternatively I can give you details on how we’ve done something similar for another sim in the past on SoW (stats table here: http://stormofwar.org/?Page=publicstats)

Those stats are based on 3 credit categories as follows:

1. An Aerial Victory – this is when a player/ actor is largely, or solely responsible for a victory

2. Shared victory – this is when two actors split a victory in a relatively even manner

3. Assist - this is when an actor, or a number of actors get minor contributions to a victory

Aerial Victory = if the player succeeds in personally taking more than 75% of an enemy aircraft's destruction

Shared Victory = if the player succeeds in personally taking at from 40% to 75% of an enemy aircraft's destruction

Assist = if the player succeeds in personally taking less than 40% of an enemy aircraft's destruction

It is therefore not possible for 2 Aerial victories to be awarded from the same kill

It is also no possible for 2 players to be credited with a "share" if someone else is credited with the aerial victory

It is not possible for 3 players to be all credited with a "share" for the same kill

The math behind how we calculated this still relies on a % breakdown of contributions for each kill though. In the example I gave above both "AcePilot 99" and "Mr HotShot" would be credited with shared victories, whilst "AA_Gun" would be given an assist.

So like I said above, it is probably easier to simply provide the raw % contributions to any kill, and then to let the mission maker/ server operator assign credit categories.

Edited by philstyle

All of the stats in slmod have been a summing of the totals. There are examples in sports where half a point is given for assorted stats and it gets counted as a single value, so I am not totally against that idea. But at the same time when you get into fractions of a kill rather than a set value it would become quite silly. In your example the 1.3 kills would become meaningful if you knew how many kill events occurred to reach that value.

From the raw events data perspective you do have access to the hit data. Each hit event is added and can have a "numtimes" value for instances of multiple hits registering. So for external stats based on slmod events and within slmod itself it can do it based on percentage of hits. It might not be the best system, when you land hundreds of shells on a tank, fail to kill it, then someone with a AGM-65 cleans it up. In a pure "number of hits" anyone who lands gun hits but doesn't kill the target will always win.

A percentage of damage breakdown would be possible, but only within slmod. Though I could add the units current life value at the time of a hit so that data could be used to figure out whatever you wanted in the raw events. It is more to process.

Honestly just thinking of adding it as a value in the weapon table. For detailed stats like wanting to know what you got the assists on, it could be its own separate list within. Perhaps with the simple rule of whoever hit the target last gets the kill and anyone else who hit it before gets an assist.

["S-13OF"] = 
{
   ["numHits"] = 3,
   ["kills"] = 1,
   ["shot"] = 20,
   ["hit"] = 0,
   ['assists'] = 2
}, -- end of ["S-13OF"]

Your listing of an AA gun, which I assumed was AI, gave me the potentially silly idea of having an option to keep track of coalition AI stats. Numbers could get crazy, but might be interesting.

https://github.com/mrSkortch/DCS-SLmod/milestone/4

Made it all part of a milestone. If you have a github account, please comment there. Otherwise feedback is welcome here.

Relatively minor hotfix. https://github.com/mrSkortch/DCS-SLmod/commit/b2a267e66267c70efd6b36df369e87b5be4897e7

The WW2 fighters should now register in the fighter category when killed instead of attack aircraft. I modified the code to set anything as "Battleplanes" that get added from the WW2 folders will be tagged as fighters. It is better than manually listing the aircraft. I don't like having to make a list of exceptions for some of these aircraft because it is easy to forget to add to it. Hopefully if any new WW2 aircraft get added they will be correctly categorized automatically now.

Also a few other minor fixes.

• 2 weeks later...

Vote system

Hello,

I'm struggling to understand how the voting system in SlMod works.

Is there any documentation regarding the RTV and vote systems ? I read the manual but I still don't undertand how to use this.

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

All chat commands should have help menus built in via in game. So you can type "-vote help" and it will explain the commands available.

Most of the documentation is within the config file itself.

Basically "rock the vote" or RTV is a preliminary vote asking if people think the mission should be changed. If it passes then it goes onto the actual mission vote to decide which mission to load. Its named after something from I wanna say the Quake or HL1 MP days. Its just an added tool so that based on the configuration you can't get someone to just start a map vote on their own and change the mission with a minority of votes.

rtvLevel is a ratio of the players connected required to vote for it. It defaults to 0.5 which is 50%, so if the majority of the players use chat commands to -rtv, then a vote will commence.

For the actual voting its pretty straight forward. A player types in "-vote list" to get a list of missions saved the active slmod missions folder. Which is defined by an admin setting admin_tools_mission_folder in config or by default saved games/DCS/Slmod/Missions/. They can then type "-vote X" where X is a number corresponding to the mission they want.

Voting rules are defined in the config with voteConfig.ruleSets. A server owner defines the rule type and range of players for that rule to be active, so you can setup different rules for different amounts of players.

majority: simple majority of players is required.

ratio: A given ratio of players must vote for that mission

magic: A certain number of votes is needed to be reached in order for something to win.

The other config settings should be pretty straight forward.

Thank you Grimes for your help ; it's pretty clear now !

Still, there is something that does not work as I thought it should. Maybe it's a bug, maybe it's just me not using SlMod correctly.

After a vote, the server should reload the chosen mission but it simply says it will without actually doing it :

2I3S3pD.jpg

Also, the "-vote list" does not show all the (6) missions in the configured folder, but only 3.

Edit: this is repeated in the log file :

2020-03-14 20:08:43.597 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD ERROR: slmod.scheduleFunctionByRt, error in scheduled function: [string "C:\Users\veaf\Saved Games\public_server\Scripts/net/Slmodv7_5/SlmodVote.lua"]:190: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Edited by davidp57
added logs

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

What version of slmod are you running?

I made some fixes back in January for a bug like that in the voting and with the line that your error is on. https://github.com/mrSkortch/DCS-SLmod/commit/b5dfc6945f7abbbd423523bcb39662757f4e2635

The vote list requires a mission to have been loaded at least once. I'm not sure why I did it that way. Possibly so that the map the mission is on is known because I don't want to have to open a zip file to get that data.

After upgrading to the latest version, i have a lot of report ( and kicked people ) for HITTING friendly unit carrier on landing or "micro lags" on spawn. (kamikaze)

It's possibile to disable just for carrier? With an old version never seen it:

jHhyZNdao3sWFdkootXzDMb5hnNL8M

Edited by Maverick87Shaka

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

What version of slmod are you running?

I made some fixes back in January for a bug like that in the voting and with the line that your error is on. https://github.com/mrSkortch/DCS-SLmod/commit/b5dfc6945f7abbbd423523bcb39662757f4e2635

The vote list requires a mission to have been loaded at least once. I'm not sure why I did it that way. Possibly so that the map the mission is on is known because I don't want to have to open a zip file to get that data.

Thanks for the help, it works now !

I had not deployed the development branch, that was probably the cause of the looping alert with no mission reload happening.

Also, thanks for the explanations, everything is crystal clear !

After upgrading to the latest version, i have a lot of report ( and kicked people ) for HITTING friendly unit carrier on landing or "micro lags" on spawn. (kamikaze)

It's possibile to disable just for carrier? With an old version never seen it:

In the first 2.5.6 patch ED fixed events for collisions, for the longest time if you collided with something it failed to say the aircraft name as the weapon. There was also a bug or two with slmod's handling with collisions and punishment because I hadn't been able to test it for such a long time, but I fixed that. However in one of the 2.5.6 patches, not sure which, collisions with ships while doing normal behavior started to occur. So it is certainly an ED bug because just taking off in a Harrier should not damage the ship or cause collision events. I might have to add a work around for it.

With OB 2.5.6.45317 of 20200320 I keep getting errors running SLmod (see attachment). SLmod is the latest version off GitHub.

Can anyone else confirm that?

Once uncommenting the slmodGameGui.lua to disable, everything works smoothly.

slmod.PNG.c9acf73f6352f8af122f41bd68282e79.PNG

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

This error means that the main SLmod script was not loaded.

We used this version of DCS yesterday all afternoon and night, and SLmod worked perfectly.

Maybe something specific on your end ? Could you share your server start log ?

Strange, it worked up to the evening of the 19th, with the previous OB, once updated to yesterday's OB patch it died with that exact error...

Which log is that exactly, @davidp57?

dcs.log.txt

Edited by Shimmergloom667

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Your SLmod log is here : "C:\Users\<your user>\Saved Games\<your dcs config folder>\Slmod\Slmod.log"

Your DCS log is here : "C:\Users\<your user>\Saved Games\<your dcs config folder>\Logs\dcs.log"

Your SLmod log is here : "C:\Users\<your user>\Saved Games\<your dcs config folder>\Slmod\Slmod.log"

Your DCS log is here : "C:\Users\<your user>\Saved Games\<your dcs config folder>\Logs\dcs.log"

Thank you, already attached the dcs.log to my previous post, will fetch the slmod.log now

Slmod.log.txt

Looks like it couldn't write a specific file. Running the server with admin privilges fixed it!

Well, shame on me, I didn't see this !

These lines are not normal :

2020-03-20 22:29:32.628 INFO    LuaNET: SLMOD WARNING: ./Scripts/MissionScripting.lua is not up to date.  Installing new ./Scripts/MissionScripting.lua.
2020-03-20 22:29:32.628 ERROR   VFS: VFS_open_write: CreateFile(./Scripts/MissionScripting.lua): Access is denied.

2020-03-20 22:29:32.628 INFO    LuaNET: SLMOD ERROR: Unable to open ./Scripts/MissionScripting.lua for writing, reason: can't open "./Scripts/MissionScripting.lua" for 'w'

They mean that SLmod is trying to update your MissionScripting.lua file (in your DCS installation) because it's the vanilla version that you got when updating last night, and cannot load SLmod properly ; and that SLmod cannot access this file, certainly because it's protected.

You should check the security settings for this file and/or all of your DCS installation.

A common problem is that when installing something (like DCS) in C:\program files, the only user able to write in the install folders is the administrator.

The solution to this problem is to run the program (here, DCS server) as administrator.

Hop this helped !