[MOD] Reno Style Air Race Pylons

Dear Pilots,

as I figured that Las Vegas is not very far from Reno Stead, here is a quick mod to simulate the famous Reno Air Races (with prop or jet driven aircraft)

I guess it would not be difficult to create a timer via triggers.

You can find these objects in the Mission Editor under "STRUCTURES" tab.

They are 50 meters tall as the real Reno ones.

... so ... SMOKE ON GUYS !! :D

Please use JSMGE

Download (DCS 1.5 & 2.0) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzy06scTcPcncmhBMzVveUFMdzA/view?usp=sharing

Screen_151214_141955.jpg

Screen_151214_165713.jpg

Screen_151214_165739.jpg

Edited by Lilkiki

La classe ! Merci Lilkiki !

Il n’y a plus qu’à sortir un nouveau City River Run à la sauce Vegas.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

• 2 months later...

Here a little mission with your great mod !

Airshow and Airrace at Nellis. 51 Racer warm up their Engine ! Ready for the Ten Lap Race on the Speed RING !

Who will have the best time ? better to play with your friends and online with free access. The mission display for each racer ( 9 racers ), Lap number, last Lap time, time since departure. 6 P51 2 TF51 1 F86

need this mod first : AIR RACE PYLON By LILKIKI ( thanks for that Lilkiki)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=155497

SPEED RING IS ON THE RIGHT of NELLIS airport, once airborne.

follow the electric lines, and Airshow cone. Once you past the departure line, then go fast and always turn left.

...and keep under 750m alt. take care to the little hill at first turn.

In case of crash or stop before the 10 laps, in order to be ready again for a new challenge 10 laps race. You'll have to low fly-by over the Nellis Runway to reset all triggers and counters.

the message " Racer X is ready for the race" will appear once again, then you can give an other try !.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1766346/index.php

Airracebriefing.thumb.png.398a3c2a5147e2088dc22eec2a8b083f.png

284341189_DCS2016-02-1416-54-54-17.thumb.jpg.501f25fb44cf3ce0cf6a7cf4361e4157.jpg

1435925919_DCS2016-02-1416-52-49-72.thumb.jpg.961123797367e0471336b9b2a85f8338.jpg

Edited by snowsniper

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

• 1 year later...

Cool!

I have never seen this before.

Be fun with the Spitfire!

I will take a look..........

Up-date

This mod does work!

Install to saved game folder.

Find them under static, structures in the ME.

Nice find!

I have a LIkikki thread this need to be added to!

Thank you!

Edited by Hawkeye60

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 5 months later...

Got FC 3 and F86 etc but only care about Reno and Must"(s)tangs" :)

Many thanks Lilkiki and snowsniper! This in fact is the only thing I loved to do as I am a Reno Racing fan and maybe one day with the F-15 as well.:D

Fly the TF51.

Cheers

Tom

Gentlemen, you have a race!!

I was there in 2015, the last year of the greats. I'm downloading this now. Anyone up to knocking out a Bearcat mod repaint so she looks like Rare Bear did a few years back in that absolutely beautiful white and gold scheme?

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I'm very inerrested to fly air races over Nellis with your mods. But the first step, installation of the mod from Lilkiki, doesn't work. I have the mod installed same way like my sound mod (enable it with JSGME). But i can't find the pylons in the 'structures' tab in the mission editor.

Maybe the reason is the current version DCS 2.5 openbeta? Anybody tried to run this mods in this version?

Thanks for your reply!!!

Chris

Specs: ASUS TUF Gaming X-570 Plus; 32 GB DDR4 RAM; AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor (16 Threads) 3.80 GHz; ZOTAC Geforce RTX 3080; Oculus Rift CV1, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals

.. But the first step, installation of the mod from Lilkiki, doesn't work.

Maybe the reason is the current version DCS 2.5 openbeta? Anybody tried to run this mods in this version?

I tried it and it indeed works, but you have to install it on the Saved Games folder. I dont use JSGME so cant be more specific, sorry.

YSPr2vO.jpg

7YeKuiX.jpg

This thread left me with mixed feelings .. on one hand it's a pity that Lilkiki has passed away two years ago, on the other I find it amazing how our work results can outlive us and still touch other peoples lives trough them

:unsure:

Best regards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hey!

It's sad to hear that he died. If i'm able to run his mod in the future i have to think about this guy every day i fly.

But it doesn't run. Pls. can you tell me the correct path (sub folder) in the saved games folder? Must i unzip the complete mod to the correct folder or only specific files from the content.

Best regards!

Specs: ASUS TUF Gaming X-570 Plus; 32 GB DDR4 RAM; AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor (16 Threads) 3.80 GHz; ZOTAC Geforce RTX 3080; Oculus Rift CV1, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals

But it doesn't run. Pls. can you tell me the correct path (sub folder) in the saved games folder? Must i unzip the complete mod to the correct folder or only specific files from the content.

You need to have this folder structure, on your "Saved Games" folder (on my spanish windows, its localized to "Juegos Guardados"):

lo670MU.jpg

Decompress the Mod that its on JSGME format and just move the pylon-airrace folder to the path shown :)

Edit: Here is a pic of the real thing :)

ZSy5AbT.jpg

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Yesssssss, it works. Thanks a lot!!! Now i will built a race cource (after reading about how it must be look). Maybe i can find some guys to fly races after i finished. :-))

... Now i will built a race cource (after reading about how it must be look). Maybe i can find some guys to fly races after i finished. :-))

There is one already, give it a try: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2679303&postcount=9 :)