Black Screen on Startup

Hi Maverick,

do you tried to repair your install?

grafic driver up to date?

and can you pls post the DCS LOG File? I think the logfile is necessary to try to help you

C:\Users\ [yourusername] \SavedGames\[dcs install]\Logs there should be crash logs and game logs.

Edited by whaaw

SFMBE

repair using the shortcut in the windows start menu / eagle dynamics / dcs.openalpha repair

logs can be found in C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Logs

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Drivers are up to date.

I looked for logs, but there are none, not even a DCS Folder...?

How do i repair my installation?

you should have a icon in your start menu its called somthing like DCS WORLD Repair.

if you dont have this look at this thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

the logs should be in your SavedGames folder then DCS.openbeta or DCS.openalpha folders

SFMBE

Repairing now...

Nope...no logs there, not even a folder.

I see you are from Germany the folder is called "Gespeicherte Spiele" (saved Games)

/benutzer/[benutzername]/Gespeicherte Spiele/

just to make sure you on the right spot.

german:

sollte der Ordner dcs.alpha nicht da sein, wird dass wahrscheinlich das Problem sein. Dann würde ich DCS neu installieren, weil ich nicht weiss ob der Updater das behebt

Edited by whaaw

SFMBE

Na gut, dass es das auch auf Deutsch gibt, hab ich jetzt natürlich nicht gesehen.:megalol:

Found the log. German Windows can be difficult.:megalol:

dcs.log.txt

Edit: repairing seems to have fixed it.

I think having the repair shortcut in the main DCS Folder would be quite useful, i didn't even look into the start menu, because i never use it.

Edited by Maverick-90

00022.804 ALERT Dispatcher: Error starting Mission editor: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/Options\Data.lua"]:99: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

00022.973 ERROR DXGUI_EDGE_RENDER: Cannot load texture ''

00023.088 INFO EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:2

00023.315 INFO EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:3

i think this is the interresting part. but actually i have no idea whats wrong. I as noob would delet the Data.Lua and then reapair my install again to get a fresh Data.lua but as i said i have no idea how to fix this

SFMBE

I have the same problem as the op. DCS logo shows, after that a black screen. Repair didn't fix it, nor did deleting the data.lua before a repair. Strangely it did work right after installing, but the next day it stopped working. DCS 1.5 works fine by the way. Any help would be really appreciated! :helpsmilie:

dcs.log.zip