AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems that the wings come off and it actually affects something... unlike in the Hawk. Hope is high for a chance of getting this bird in half a month.

LOL, thats actually the first thing that popped in my mind when I saw those images as well! :)

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Damage model testing has to be a peculiar phase to carry out.

-"How'd your flight go?"

--"Great! lost my right wing, fuselage got shredded, and I ejected as my plane plummeted to the ground in a ball of fire. Couldn't have gone any better!" :thumbup:

Jokes aside, do you just keep going up until every system is eventually hit, or do you have a way to target certain systems each time through for testing purposes? Just curious.

well, you´re very wrong..:-)
Not sure which sentence he's wrong on, haha. Because that leaves me with two completely different emotions. Hahaha

-Shadow

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Will we get a modeled shattered canopy during ejection? I don't know how hard that would be?

Windows 10 Pro 64, I5 4690k @4.6GHz with CAPTIAN 240EX AOI, Samsung 850 EVO ,G Skill Ripjaws 16G RAM, Nvidia GTX 970 STRIX, MSI Z97 GAMING 5, WD Blue 1TB HDD, Seasonic M12 II EVO psu, Track IR 5, Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S

We are on time, and than that u r very wrong with smile..how to say..:huh:

they fool me like inception movie end. :D

anyway good job, and I love it that it is already oculus rift tested..:thumbup::thumbup:

can you give us the info about what u are running with the oculus, just for reference :book:

thank you.

Heidi

Edited by Heidi

in the ejection screen it looked like that the canopy stayed in place

It is suppose to as far as I understand it. The det cord shatters the plexyglass before ejection unlike most jets that have rocket motors in the frames and use the airflow over the jet to throw the canopy clear.

Windows 10 Pro 64, I5 4690k @4.6GHz with CAPTIAN 240EX AOI, Samsung 850 EVO ,G Skill Ripjaws 16G RAM, Nvidia GTX 970 STRIX, MSI Z97 GAMING 5, WD Blue 1TB HDD, Seasonic M12 II EVO psu, Track IR 5, Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S

It is suppose to as far as I understand it. The det cord shatters the plexyglass before ejection unlike most jets that have rocket motors in the frames and use the airflow over the jet to throw the canopy clear.

yeah, my post was a awnser to yours.

you asked earlier if it will be the case that the canopy stays on(but shattered).

and in the eject screen it looks like the canopy stayed, but it is not visible if it is shattered or not. so i wanted to give you confidence that we, indeed get a shattered canopy. eventually :smilewink:

well, you´re very wrong..:-)

release for this weekend confirmed! :-D

yeah, my post was a awnser to yours.

you asked earlier if it will be the case that the canopy stays on(but shattered).

and in the eject screen it looks like the canopy stayed, but it is not visible if it is shattered or not. so i wanted to give you confidence that we, indeed get a shattered canopy. eventually :smilewink:

Ah! Got yah :thumbup:

I know the chances are very slim, but that would make this the best weekend ever!

I don't think I have ever wanted to part with $60 (Or whatever it ends up being) so badly!! :pilotfly:

Well, there are only 3 weekends left of this week, and Q3 release and/or "we are on schedule" have been put out there numerous times in the las 2 months, and now this...

I would say the propability for release info at least is quite high tomorrow.

Not 100% mind you, but I wouldn't call it a slim chance either.

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Not 100% mind you, but I wouldn't call it a slim chance either.

Yeah, problem is I have been feeling like that for the last three weeks, and every Friday I get a mild case of depression, so I am just trying to be realistic (Even pessimistic) to lessen the blow if its not this Friday. :smilewink:

Yeah, problem is I have been feeling like that for the last three weeks, and every Friday I get a mild case of depression, so I am just trying to be realistic (Even pessimistic) to lessen the blow if its not this Friday. :smilewink:

One has to learn to accept the future either way :D

My approach to the subject is: If it is released tomorrow, great! If not, I've got half a dozen modules that I haven't mastered, not to mention close to a hundred unfinished games on Steam and GOG... my day won't be ruined by not having a thing that I don't have at the moment either.

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Released this weekend? Boy have a had a shit week! That would definitely make it nicer, but either way. I'm happy to see all the progress regardless when it's out.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

ah god I WAS DOING JUST FINE dont reading this forum, now he just needed to say "Well, you're very wrong...:-)" .

cant take this.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

Guys, let me be emphatic on this, it´s not me trying to get even more hype about it, it´s mainly because we are under an NDA (yeah i had to play the NDA card, sorry) and we are under heavy testing. This is an extremely complex aircraft to operate (not just fly it) and i´ve been flying it almost 5 hrs a day either under oculus rift or Track Ir 5, not to mention ED´s tests as well, and we are working hard to put it out there as bug free as possible for an early access. These last days my sole purpose has been to break the plane and deliver a broken plane to the code and/or 3d cockpit dev or the AFM dev (which has done a marvelous work!), it is a brutal process (and at the same time we keep revising whatever the community finds as a valid bug or miss dev), so be on the watch for ED´s news, and what we (or I) post here, FB or Youtube , once again, we are on schedule.

Guys, let me be emphatic on this, it´s not me trying to get even more hype about it, it´s mainly because we are under an NDA (yeah i had to play the NDA card, sorry) and we are under heavy testing. This is an extremely complex aircraft to operate (not just fly it) and i´ve been flying it almost 5 hrs a day either under oculus rift or Track Ir 5, not to mention ED´s tests as well, and we are working hard to put it out there as bug free as possible for an early access. These last days my sole purpose has been to break the plane and deliver a broken plane to the code and/or 3d cockpit dev or the AFM dev (which has done a marvelous work!), it is a brutal process (and at the same time we keep revising whatever the community finds as a valid bug or miss dev), so be on the watch for ED´s news, and what we (or I) post here, FB or Youtube , once again, we are on schedule.

Prowler,

I'm sure I speak on behalf of the majority of the community when I say that your communication by not just yourself but the rest of the team and the engagement that we've experienced on the development of this module has been fantastic. Obviously things must be kept under wraps as it's the way the world goes round but I personally am looking forward to the day that it's released and the reaction you've had to the community feedback has been excellent and I'm sure it'll be a solid aircraft. Wicked job!!

Keep doing what you gotta do! I appreciate all the effort to get everything right and will be happy to support when it's out. I get to deal with hey when's that story gonna be done, did you check that in, has it built, can we test it? How come I don't see it on the site..so yea I understand people want the final product and it can get annoying at times when due date discussions come up.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz