AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question......

Will we get AV8 friendly FARPS (short runways etc) which are "deployable"closer to AO?

If you set a grass airfield some where

Add fuel ammo and the other farp parts.

Set a Harrier to take off from the ground, and place on the grass airfield (road)

Thay works

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

I agree, this bird is going to be an icon of RAZBAM and DCS once complete. Just reading all the threads about non-functioning items soon to be implemented, just flying it now as is really gives us a lot to look forward to. I can’t wait for just the first update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Is there an AutoStartup like the other aircraft? I don't see it in the control settings.

And the pocket guide? Don't see it in the Docs folder.

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Is there an AutoStartup like the other aircraft? I don't see it in the control settings.

And the pocket guide? Don't see it in the Docs folder.

No autostart so far, but it’s really like 6 buttons to engine start. The pocket guide is in the forums here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

After reading about that whole TDC mess. I decided that I need all sensors working before I deal with it. So, here it is: The Dual Mode Tracker DMT. One of the integral parts of the Angle Rate Bombing System ARBS.

The DMT basically works like an integrated TGP, except that it does not have a laser designator nor FLIR. But it can lock on laser spots and do video target locks.

With the DMT, INS, ADC and SMS, all of which are modeled in the DCS aircraft, the ARBS can calculate impact point and do auto weapons release for ALL the weapons the AV-8B NA can carry.

The DMT has two main modes: VIDEO and NO VIDEO. In VIDEO mode it will show a 6:1 magnified image to the pilot. It can be shown in any MPCD but if commanded by HOTAS, it will be shown in the right MPCD.

When the DMT is not locked on a target, it is slaved to the Velocity Vector. That means that you can use the HUD's VVM to select and lock a target as well as use the **bleep** TDC.

Here's a video test of the DMT:

19400196_1380270412059593_2730795323549956867_o.jpg?oh=326aa05e15140c2b582f03d9240bdf19&oe=59E32CDD

Any toturial about this DMT booming mode ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

OK, I have a quick question, and I haven't found the answer anywhere on the documentation, YouTube video, or any forum our there.

This is basically what the problem is:

- Land my plane and taxi back to the TARMAC for Ream/Refuel

- Throttle to idle and apply parking brake

- For safety reasons (ground crew) I stop my engine by moving the fuel shutoff handle to the OFF position.

- Engine stops

- Refuel is completed

- Fuel shutoff handle back to ON position

- Start engine switch back to Start to start the engine again for another departure

- I can hear the APU spooling, but no engine start.

Is this because of a temperature issue? maybe I have to wait until the engine cools down before attempting to restart it. Maybe this is not the right way to stop the engine, you guys tell me.

Even better, could any of you point me to a descriptive video where the pilot stops the engine, refuels, restarts the engine and departs again?

Thanks for your valuable help, captains!!

Houd.

Rig:

- Intel Core i7-2600K CPU 3.40 GHz Sandy Bridge. - Thermaltake FRIO CPU cooling system. - 16 Gb. DDR3 Corsair Vengeance RAM memory. - NVIDIA GForce. 4 Gb DDR5 Video Card. - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 5RX 7.1 Dolby Surround Audio Card and Creative 7.1 speakers system. - 1 Tb Solid State primary HD and 500 Gb backup HD. - Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case. - Cooler Master 850W power supply. - Xfinity 200 Mbps Internet. - Warthog HOTAS.

You need to move the throttle to STOP position with the throttle cut.

If the throttle is in the idle position it will not start.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

You need to move the throttle to STOP position with the throttle cut.

If the throttle is in the idle position it will not start.

Aahhh, sounds about right.

Will try that, captain.

Thanks.

Rig:

- Intel Core i7-2600K CPU 3.40 GHz Sandy Bridge. - Thermaltake FRIO CPU cooling system. - 16 Gb. DDR3 Corsair Vengeance RAM memory. - NVIDIA GForce. 4 Gb DDR5 Video Card. - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 5RX 7.1 Dolby Surround Audio Card and Creative 7.1 speakers system. - 1 Tb Solid State primary HD and 500 Gb backup HD. - Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case. - Cooler Master 850W power supply. - Xfinity 200 Mbps Internet. - Warthog HOTAS.

Well, I don't want this to happen:

CjAaZo.gif

Don't worry, the crew member came out with minor injuries.

Rig:

Whiel I am having fun learning this with you tube tutorials are there plans when full version comes out to have training syllabus missions like the A-10c has

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

Well, I don't want this to happen:

CjAaZo.gif

Don't worry, the crew member came out with minor injuries.

Big difference in what you’re doing with a Hot Pit and that video. That plane was a MIL power and the ABE messed up with how he was suppose to move away from the air plane. All most all jets at idle will not suck anyone up. I’ve seen butterflies fly into intakes and fly right back out. So don’t take that video as what would happen in a Hot Pit situation. Plus there is no people on the ground in the sim. Also Marines refuel and rearm all the time with engines running.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Got some questions before I buy.

1. Is the EW page listed in the AV-8B NATOPS coming to this module?

https://info.publicintelligence.net/AV-8B-000.pdf

IinzVFN.png?1

zzUwCr7.jpg?1

2. Is the RWR still WIP? I noticed in a video that the RWR doesn't produce audio feedback for 'critical' threats or lock-ons. Is this intentional? The only info I have on the ALR-67 is from the F-14D Manual and it states that RWR audio is provided for the following

-missile alert

-missile launch

-critical threat (inner circle? Lock on?)

-status change (new guy? Non-critical ring to critical ring?)

GIdvGoR.png?1

Also the RWR is supposed to push cues to the HUD. I imagine in a similar fashion to the jammer cues.

9NPP9vx.png?1

Edited by Beamscanner

Whiel I am having fun learning this with you tube tutorials are there plans when full version comes out to have training syllabus missions like the A-10c has
Yes but not until the main systems are complete. Baltic dragon has a thread on here about it. Probably by end of 2018 is my guess when the main features like radios get implemented.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Probably by end of 2018 is my guess when the main features like radios get implemented.

You got to be kidding...

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Yes but not until the main systems are complete. Baltic dragon has a thread on here about it. Probably by end of 2018 is my guess when the main features like radios get implemented.
This is seriously wild and unfounded speculation.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

This is seriously wild and unfounded speculation.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I'm just going by what he's said in the thread. You can ask him yourself. It's the harrier campaign poll thread.

The m2000c dlc is not complete yet either so I've been helping test those missions but those have been worked on for a while too and should be released after he hands them to ED. His missions are awesome and involve a lot to make you feel like you are taking part in something great.

I think his plans are to start the harrier missions after he is done the m2000c red flag dlc.

Edited by sze5003

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Are we going to be getting rid of the current Mavericks and replacing them with the AGM-65E and AGM-65F at some point?

What's the reason for adding the AGM-65D/H/K when the jet doesn't carry them, the AGM-65G makes sense in place of the F at least?

• Like 1

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL