AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

I keep getting a Breakway message from the KC-130 tanker when trying to refuel with my probe out (ooer). Any ideas?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the update broke our sever and usual training mission. My frame rate in VR dropped noticeably. The AV8 is incomplete with several non functioning systems... and you know what? We had a blast. :) Overall Razbam you knocked it out of the park.

Sounds like I should have rage quit from my comments above but I wasn't even bothered.

This module is freaking awesome and just a joy to fly + the Tarawa and the kc-130. Damn! Can't wait for the updates to roll out. Keep up the great work guys! You single handedly redeemed in my faith in this sim.

Thanks for what imho. Is the perfect example of an "early release".

Sage

PS, holy Christ was a hard to find the parking brake LOL

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

I think, but I´m not sure, you get "Breakaway!" when your closure rate is too fast. When nearing very slowly I didn´t get the message. Couldn´t connect nonetheless, gotta practice some more...

Closing speed is less than 3 knots. The new basket less amazing though!!

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

It was even harder to see in VR. I usually scan around until my curser turns into a green arrow. In the meantime I pressed a bunch of other buttons on my way lol.

Edited by sze5003

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I just have to take a second to congratulate Razbam on an excellent release. Its well on its way to being an absolutely excellent module. I haven't smiled so much in a long time.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I have laughed out in dcs either, but with the harrier I had a case where I selected rockets to shoot some fuel trucks. So I pressed pickle and the darn things never stopped firing, they were going absolutely crazy in every direction as I pulled out of my attack run. I looked down and saw that my quantity was set to 22, and multiplier x2.

I was inverted B)

Which cut-off switch? It gets so annoying killing your engines while trying to taxi...

On start up you put the fuel cut off switch up on the throttle and go through the start. Then you take off parking brake and can advance your throttle, but may accidently pull too far back. If you bring it back right to idle you can put the switch back down and it stops it from going into the idle cutoff detent. This may not be the proper way but it works...

On start up you put the fuel cut off switch up on the throttle and go through the start. Then you take off parking brake and can advance your throttle, but may accidently pull too far back. If you bring it back right to idle you can put the switch back down and it stops it from going into the idle cutoff detent. This may not be the proper way but it works...

I have to do some "adulting" and run to Lowes. When I get back, I'll give this a shot. Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don’t think you need to press it to move the throttle forward on startup. If you don’t press it then you avoid having to remember to reset it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think you need to press it to move the throttle forward on startup. If you don’t press it then you avoid having to remember to reset it

Yup I never touched the throttle stop either. I just removed the parking break and went from there. I'm sure the real startup procedure will be taught based on tutorials when they will arrive. But for now it's a fairly simple process.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Correct I just advanced the throttle and then moved back to idle, the stopper did it job not going back to fuel off. Then I just opened the latch to shut down the engine.

Dear RAZBAM team,

Fantastic job, loving this module!

I'm a ex-military pilot myself, but inexperienced flight simmer in comparison. Question;

Are the acceleration algorithms correct for jamming the nozzles forward? I know this sucker has a huge fan and great power to weight, but the time from hover to 250 knots seem incredibly quick. Just thought I'd ask what everyone thought?

Keep up the amazing work, this is my new favorite module!!

Purchased the bird, but will not show up as a download option in DCS in game module mgr.... Never had an issue like this before.. and I have almost ALL the modules... so I am not new to this setup.

Any advice? Apologize if this is the wrong place to ask.

First, are you on the most recent DCS OpenBeta, which is 1.5.8? This version is currently required to be able to get the Harrier.

If you are, someone on the German forum had the same problem and I think he contacted support, who fixed a license problem and quickly got him airborne.

I keep getting a Breakway message from the KC-130 tanker when trying to refuel with my probe out (ooer). Any ideas?

My take on it is: ignore them. ;)

I assume (though I may be entirely wrong about this) that the tanker logic isn't completely adjusted to the Harrier yet. Or maybe, as someone suggested, it's the closure rate, but from my perspective my flying didn't warrant a breakaway call, at least not as often as I got it. Or, to quote Sledge Hammer: Trust me, I know what I'm doing! (Outchhh). :D

(Side note: no tankers were harmed in the making of this comment)

Okay, for some reason, I could not stop thinking about the Harrier while at work today. Came home and didn't even stop to eat. Had to fly!

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

My first hour was just exploring all buttons and trying to start up :D That was fun, and succesful take off / landing without damage!. Its Friday so -> :beer: -> Harrier -> :beer:

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 3080 TUF OC 10Gb * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

I'll post and upload an initial X56 profile soon - would be nice to have more analogue assignments as the module progresses - I really dislike having all these dials & knobs and not be able to use them. :joystick:

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2