AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

Read the forums all day and finally got home to give this new bird a go myself.

I have to say after reading many peoples problems I have found no issues with fps. 70 to 180 and 200s in and around Batumi. Thats in cockpit. I have seen zero stutters. Sorry but smooth as silk for me.

The Harrier is a pleasure to fly. Nice job so far...how the heck do you steer this thing when taxiing?

Really a beautiful bird she is.

Map a NWS button, and keep it pressed, just like the F-5.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MFD extraction works only in an external view. When I switch F1 into the cockpit, the external image disappears. I tried the A10C and everything was fine there. Any idea ?

X-Plane 11 Payware :

Aircraft : Boeing 767-300ER, Airbus 319-100, Airbus 350 XWB, Beechcraft King Air 350, Diamond DA-62

Airport : KATL

MFD extraction works only in an external view. When I switch F1 into the cockpit, the external image disappears. I tried the A10C and everything was fine there. Any idea ?

This is a known issue. For the time being click on the "Left MPCD view Export toggle on/off" and "Right MPCD view Export toggle on/off"to enable them in cockpit.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Asus X99 Deluxe II|Intel i7 6850K @4.2GHz|G.Skill 64GB Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz|Noctua NH-D15 and 4x NF-A14 PWM|Corsair HX850i

Win10 Pro 64 @M.2 512GB 950 PRO|DCS @M.2 250GB 960 EVO

ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX OC 8GB GDDR5|ASUS PG348Q - LG 25UM58 @3440x2520

Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent|TM Hotas Warthog 7.5cm ext & 3x MFD Cougars|MFG Crosswind|TrackIR 5

A-10C|AJS-37|AV-8B|BS2|F/A-18C|FC3|Mi-8MTV2|PG NE NO SY maps|Tacview.

Just took her for a 10 min flight before work today... Just beautiful. Thanks guys for what looks to be a stunning module to spend hours familiarising with. No stuttering from my perspective, and managed a pretty fireball on my first landing (jamming the thrusters in vertical after leveling out of a loop at 2000" and holding full throttle all the way down lol, so I say "landing" in its most generous capacity lol)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

i7-7700K 4.2 GHz, Gigabyte GTX 980 4Gb, Asus Prime z270k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz, Plextor PCIe SSD 256Gb, Samsung EVO 750 SSD 500Gb, 9.5TB SATA incl 4TB Mirrored. Saitek X52-Pro

Purchased the bird, but will not show up as a download option in DCS in game module mgr.... Never had an issue like this before.. and I have almost ALL the modules... so I am not new to this setup.

Any advice? Apologize if this is the wrong place to ask.

Edited by Hermit713

Purchased the bird, but will not show up as a download option in DCS in game module mgr.... Never had an issue like this before.. and I have almost ALL the modules... so I am not new to this setup.

Any advice? Apologize if this is the wrong place to ask.

Which version of DCS World do you check, Stable (1.5.7.x) or OpenBeta (1.5.8.x)?

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Can’t believe how good the Harrier is in VR.

i5/9600K wc, Z390XP, 32Gb/DDR4, 1080ti wc, 850 Evo SSD, TMWH, DSD FLT1, ORs.

A10C, UH1, MI8, BF109K4, SA342M, L39C, M2000C, Mig21BIS, Mig15, F86, C101, Hawk, F-14, F-5E, Spitfire MkIX, AV8B N/A, FA-18C, P51-D, Yak 52, Mig19p, F-16C, JF-17 OPF, Red Flag2, MusRel, BnboB, Tbs, TEW 3.0, TTQ, MI8 OFC, SC.

There is something wrong with startup. I cant turn on the engines..

According to prestart on entering cockpit fuel shutoff and decs are off.

both fuel pumps and prop are forward

turn on battery, gen and apu but no APU gen advisory light present that goes out. After, turn on engine start switch on right hand side.

Also my framerates are not great... 10 fps in a cold and dark state? taxiing in a slideshow?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Can’t believe how good the Harrier is in VR.

Agree, its a stunning module, but along with others I do also get stutter and low FPS in VR. Hopefully they will optimise it better, then it will really be something smile.gif

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Looking forward to getting to know this plane, but first impressions are what happened to the FPS in VR? F15-C and A10 give super smooth 45FPS+ but Harrier is stuttering at 20-25 FPS even with all graphics at minimum and clickable cockpit turned off.

Not sure how this would have gone un noticed to the devs?

Intel Core i3 8350K 4GHz, MSI RTX 2080 Super, AS Rock Z370 Pro4 Motherboard, Samsung SSD, 32G DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64 Bit

Rift-S, Tripple Samsung 27" C27F Display, Hotas Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals, EDtracker, Track IR.

Try northern airports

Thanks, but why?

FPS is much better with external views btw. Cockpit view seems to be the killer.

Intel Core i3 8350K 4GHz, MSI RTX 2080 Super, AS Rock Z370 Pro4 Motherboard, Samsung SSD, 32G DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64 Bit

Rift-S, Tripple Samsung 27" C27F Display, Hotas Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals, EDtracker, Track IR.

I spent most of the day with the Harrier, and man is this a fun bird!

Very impressive, great job so far! :thumbup:

And I haven't even fired a single weapon. ;)

It really looks like this is going to be a long-term companion in my DCS experience, either flying it myself or seeing others fly it in MP (maybe even guiding them as JTAC). First impression is very good for me! :thumbup:

LOL same here... just flying (or should I say hovering :D) around is great fun!

• Like 1

I noticed the jet turns with the rudder but holding the nws allows for better turning radius like the f15c. I probably had the anti skid switch in the upward position which means I didn't need to hold the nws button.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

There's a reason for the water injection. You can't hover with weapons and a full fuel load. This is a fighter... a fast mover. Light and almost empty you can hover nicely. "Fly like an Eagle..." and you must take off like one.

No differential braking. Duh...

Brakes are weak, though. Is that normal?

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

What the heck is DROOP?

Great plane, Razbam! I love it.

Answering my own question: (From Razbam's pdf... my gosh, Mac! :doh:)

Aileron droop operation requires no pilot action. Inflight, with the flaps mode switch in the STOL position, the ailerons droop 15° when airspeed is below 165

knots and nozzles are over 25°.

The aileron DROOP light on the caution/advisory lights panel comes on when the ailerons are drooped.

Edited by =Mac=

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...