AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if I'm missing something...

Can't slew the ARBS in TV mode with the analog stick in my TWCS. The default keys work alright, but can't make it work with the stick. No problems when setting up controls, but it doesn't do anything when trying to slew, also it works properly for other aircraft. Any idea?

TDC axis slew control are not enabled yet.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

where is the nose wheel staring ?

(As I understand it):

In the left panel, to the left of the gear lever there is the antiskid switch. Also the NWS/target undesignate button on the stick. To turn, you have three options:

1- switch to antiskid and hold NWS button==normal steering

2- switch to NWS and NWS button not pressed==normal steering, no antiskid

3- switch to NWS and hold NWS button==high gain steering, for tight corners

I spent most of the day with the Harrier, and man is this a fun bird!

Very impressive, great job so far! :thumbup:

And I haven't even fired a single weapon. ;)

It really looks like this is going to be a long-term companion in my DCS experience, either flying it myself or seeing others fly it in MP (maybe even guiding them as JTAC). First impression is very good for me! :thumbup:

(As I understand it):

In the left panel, to the left of the gear lever there is the antiskid switch. Also the NWS/target undesignate button on the stick. To turn, you have three options:

1- switch to antiskid and hold NWS button==normal steering

2- switch to NWS and NWS button not pressed==normal steering, no antiskid

3- switch to NWS and hold NWS button==high gain steering, for tight corners

thanks man:thumbup:

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

If anyone is interested, I've added Harrier view settings to the server.lua

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3305863&postcount=687

The pilot with view configuration shipped with the module does not have a neck :)

• Like 1

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

WoW.. All I can say is wow. been flying and learning most of the day, Great job all! the carrier has normal (very good) FPS buy the way. I noticed the fps issue in the instant action cold and dark mission also, so I just flew off the landing ship and the carrier, no biggie. man what a fun plane!

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After a more in deep test with the Harrier i must admit that the overall FPS are a little less than other modules.

I have 60 FPS in most situations but sometimes depending where i´m looking at the map FPS drops to 45-50. Nothing dramatic and no sttuters but eventually the Harrier is more demanding and the average FPS are a little lower.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Been having a great time with the Harrier! I have noticed some slightly reduced frame rates but nothing crazy, I'll try reducing the load distance. Also I'm going nuts trying to figure out how to lase a target with the targeting pod. I arm it set it to laser and hit fire but my gbu-12's don't track? Am I doing something wrong or are we not able to lase targets yet?

Hi,

first of all this bird is really fun to fly!!

But I encountered a problem. The Mavericks cool down when selected and they go from stand-by to ready, but when I decelect them and reselect them a few seconds later they have to cool down again, though the manual states that they should stay ready for about an hour after initial cool down.

Has anyone else encountered that behaviour?

Regards,

Tao

Hi,

first of all this bird is really fun to fly!!

But I encountered a problem. The Mavericks cool down when selected and they go from stand-by to ready, but when I decelect them and reselect them a few seconds later they have to cool down again, though the manual states that they should stay ready for about an hour after initial cool down.

Has anyone else encountered that behaviour?

Regards,

Tao

That shouldn't happen. We'll check.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

This thing flies smoothly. I didn't notice much slowdown or low fps and I did a random mission in the rain. I saw a few stutters but after I took off it was pretty decent.

Still a lot to learn and figure out what to bind and where to my warthog. I did one landing but snapped the landing gear and belly landed down the runway.

Hopefully the will be a jetseat profile for it too. I can't wait for some tutorials as it's going to be a ton to learn.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Where are the rotors? I can't find 'em.

Well, I did manage to land. Just once without killing myself. Just once. So, I KNOW it can be done! :music_whistling:

There certainly is a lot to be learned. Just one hour with this gem isn't enough.

Quick question, where is the water level indicator? Is there one? I was worried that I was going to run out.

What the heck is DROOP?

Great plane, Razbam! I love it.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Read the forums all day and finally got home to give this new bird a go myself.

I have to say after reading many peoples problems I have found no issues with fps. 70 to 180 and 200s in and around Batumi. Thats in cockpit. I have seen zero stutters. Sorry but smooth as silk for me.

The Harrier is a pleasure to fly. Nice job so far...how the heck do you steer this thing when taxiing?

Really a beautiful bird she is.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Read the forums all day and finally got home to give this new bird a go myself.

I have to say after reading many peoples problems I have found no issues with fps. 70 to 180 and 200s in and around Batumi. Thats in cockpit. I have seen zero stutters. Sorry but smooth as silk for me.

The Harrier is a pleasure to fly. Nice job so far...how the heck do you steer this thing when taxiing?

Really a beautiful bird she is.

You need to use NWS, search for it, works like the f5. Search for it in the pocket guide it'll talk you through it.