AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

It will change from user to user taking in count different system specs but generally speaking Senaki has worst FPS than in any other place on the Caucasus.

Try flying somewhere else and you will notice a noticeable change. Specially at bases north Sukhumi.

Also maybe the Harrier could be more demanding, or still need some FPS optimization but i´m flying it a 60 FPS eveywhere except around Senaki.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is a valley, with very far view distance everywhere, full of cities and towns.

Again i dont mean there are no FPS problems with the Harrier, i´m only saying FOR ME, 1060 and 1920x1080 i´m experience better FPS flying anywhere else except Senaki and around. Also i´m flying alone, i need to test with other planes, Harriers around.

• Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Just want to mention, i had some really bad stutters... but my fps was 45 so i try some stuf and when i hit f10 the stutters went away and back clean fly at 45...

In case sombody have the same problem, for me it was a quick solution :)

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention

Where was it stated that this was going to only be in the open beta 1.5.8?

I reiterate a post I made previously. I pre ordered on this statement "If the product description does not have information about which DCS World version you should install, you only need to have the "Stable" version DCS World 1.5 installed on your PC." and given that there is no specific 2.x or 1.5.x in the description or recommendations then it should be released on 1.5.x. Otherwise

I only have the stable build so when will the harrier be released on the stable build?

Edited by MaverickScot
poor spelling.

Where was it stated that this was going to only be in the open beta 1.5.8?

I reiterate a post I made previously. I pre ordered on this statement "If the product description does not have information about which DCS World version you should install, you only need to have the "Stable" version DCS World 1.5 installed on your PC." and given that there is no specific 2.x or 1.5.x in the description or recommendations then it should be released on 1.5.x. Otherwise

I only have the stable build so when will the harrier be released on the stable build?

Probably when it's out of early access. You can just install the open beta of 1.5 and then go back to stable when it's released on the stable edition.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

So we could be talking about years.

Early Access Products dont go straight to the Release Branch, Especially with a new DCS Version and a slew of under the hood changes.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Probably when it's out of early access. You can just install the open beta of 1.5 and then go back to stable when it's released on the stable edition.

This is not true. It will added to 2.1 and stable 1,5 whenever they are updated next so long as there isn't any major issue..

I believe they have to change the base game to allow for features of new planes such as the Harrier to work, so at some point the new upgraded version of the game has to be released for customers to try before officially releasing. This is our chance now :-)

Intel Core i3 8350K 4GHz, MSI RTX 2080 Super, AS Rock Z370 Pro4 Motherboard, Samsung SSD, 32G DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64 Bit

Rift-S, Tripple Samsung 27" C27F Display, Hotas Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals, EDtracker, Track IR.

Not sure how they do things but if it goes out of EA to beta but stable enough, I don't see why it would not be added to the stable edition.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I don't want to harp on about this {too late} but under the pre-order it stated "you only need to have the "Stable" version DCS World 1.5 installed". I was expecting to fly on the stable version. There never was any mention of needing a beta version. Even when BIGNEWY told us "No point guessing, I have been testing both versions, wait for Wednesday" no mention of beta 1.5.8. This has been poorly communicated I feel and i might be wrong but RAZBAM would have known this prior to puring up the pre-order so why was this not communicated?

I don't want to harp on about this {too late} but under the pre-order it stated "you only need to have the "Stable" version DCS World 1.5 installed". I was expecting to fly on the stable version. There never was any mention of needing a beta version. Even when BIGNEWY told us "No point guessing, I have been testing both versions, wait for Wednesday" no mention of beta 1.5.8. This has been poorly communicated I feel and i might be wrong but RAZBAM would have known this prior to puring up the pre-order so why was this not communicated?
I think a couple pages back it was stated it was going to be 1.5.8. ED needs to update those notes on the purchase pages. Razbam mentioned they tested in 1.5.8 which I assumed was beta because no one had it until today. My PC is still on 1.5.7 which I'll have to update to beta today.

So how do you update to beta then guys?

From Zues

2 ways to do this:

1st. If disk space is not a problem, download the Open Beta installer and go from it. It will copy the files it needs from Open Alpha and Stable and will only download the Open Beta specific.

2nd. Open a command window and navigate to "DCS World\bin". Once you are there just type "DCS_updater update @openbeta". It will update stable to the Open Beta version

or you can download Skatezillas Updater program that can do this

Great thanks, I just realised this is why I was whinging about low frame rates in the Mig 21. It's the same Airport used for free flight and intercept missions. It's a wonder no testers picked it up. Anyway, thanks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know how to reset the maverick seeker so it is positioned in the front of the nose again? :/

Press the "undesignate target" HOTAS button. That should clear the seeker.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Once I have a target locket in the tpod I can’t getting steering cues for weapons. It seems to take steering cues off something that the tv has locked miles ahead. Can anyone help me

The TPOD is still WiP.

Having said that, in this version the aircraft does not take steering cues from the TPOD. It uses its own onboard sensors to do that: INS, ARBS or IRMAVs.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

The TPOD is still WiP.

Having said that, in this version the aircraft does not take steering cues from the TPOD. It uses its own onboard sensors to do that: INS, ARBS or IRMAVs.

Ok but when I have a target locked in the TPOD how does that target then get transferred to any of the other onboard sensors?

I don't know if I'm missing something...

Can't slew the ARBS in TV mode with the analog stick in my TWCS. The default keys work alright, but can't make it work with the stick. No problems when setting up controls, but it doesn't do anything when trying to slew, also it works properly for other aircraft. Any idea?