AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

Then dont Pre-Purchase and download knowing it's Early Access.

Look, I’m not of those hater trolls who likes to whine and complain about the slightest things. I’ve participated in numerous prerelease/early access software products and I like to contribute and help with my comments. But DCS as a whole has a track record of flimsy, to put is mildly, early releases. I only wanted to express my frustration and I immediately get jumped by you and other defenders with the classic line “well if you didn’t want this then don’t participate in it”.

I apologize for expressing my opinion and promise to keep my frustrations to myself from now on...

• Like 1

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run in VR and on the right I have draw distance all the way up, clutter down, and trees all the way down. I'll have to see how it runs when I get home. Also I have shadows to low or off.

These are my setting for my GeForce GTX970 with 4GB VRAM.

I have a rift but it is disconnected because it is not ideal for development purposes.

Screen_171129_131154.thumb.jpg.e98d37989545ba3b6341d85bf9fda7f5.jpg

Screen_171129_131200.thumb.jpg.d3cf32a5183b648798e2ec187a7561c4.jpg

Edited by Zeus67

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I will advise to reduce the viewing distance to 50% and test for the mean time.

We will check the problem.

View distance down to high, trees: 12000-14000 and grass: 1000

It is now usable as far as I can see so far.

Thanks for looking into this :)

Runi. "IceCat"

Printable A5 F/A-18C Checklist

Win 10 Pro 64bit, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, Intel Core I7 9700K @4.7 - 4.9 GHz,

Nvidia Asus GeForce GTX 1080TI 11Gb, G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 C16 DC - 32GB (2x(2x8Gb)), Samsung 870 NVME + Multiple Samsung 850 & 860 EVO SSDs, Dell P2414H & U2414H Monitors.

These are my setting for my GeForce GTX970 with 4GB VRAM.
If it ran fine for you it should run fine for me as well. Although dcs is processor heavy, I have a 6700k and 1080ti so I'm expecting similar performance.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

View distance is the main FPS hitter. Experiment until you get a setting that works for you.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Getting tired of paying companies to beta-test their products...

giphy.gif

Knowing it was advertised as early access and you make this comment?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Guys try not to use the Quick Mission for the Harrier.

That airbase in that particular place of the Caucasus map has terrible FPS, no matter the plane you are using. If you try another plane in the same mission, editing the Harrier to something else you will see the same bad FPS.

Create one in another place, like Sochi with a Harrier in the runway and you will see normal perfomance flying it. I have a 1060 and i´m flying the Harrier at 60 FPS.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I have to confirm poor performance on Harrier.

With my setting i have a rock solid 60fps in both 1.5 and 2.1, with every plane i have (A10C, F-5, FC3) and in every situations.

Using Harrier my fps drops between 20/25 in cockpit view.

I5-7600K@4,8Ghz - G Skill TridentZ 16Gb 3200 CL14 - Aorus GTX 1080TI - Samsung 950 PRO 512GB NVMe M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 - Lenovo 24'' 1440p - Hotas Warthog - TrackIR 5

DCS 2.5 OB - M2000C - Mig21Bis - A10C - FC3 - AJS37 Viggen - F5E - AV8B N/A - F/A18 C - L 39 Albatros - Bf109 - Spitfire - P51D - Black Shark 2 - Nevada - Persian Gulf - Normandy

Well I had noticed in several of the pre-release screenshots and in all the videos showing this aircraft on the ground - but I wanted to wait for this release to confirm - the geometry of the aircraft on the ground looks very wrong.

I worked with Harriers for 6 years (GR3 and GR5) and live just down the road from what was their base here in the UK before the government did their usual clueless culling, where the GR9s were.

They have a much more squat appearance when on the ground - the tail end is much lower than it appears in the DCS model. It just looks wrong. Such a shame, as it's quite a characteristic (along with the loud whine and roar of the taxiing.

Go and look at the Google images and you should immediately see what I'm getting at. I hope this will be sorted at some point, because I really want to like this module.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

That airbase in that particular place of the Caucasus map has terrible FPS, no matter the plane you are using. If you try another plane in the same mission, editing the Harrier to something else you will see the same bad FPS.

Create one in another place, like Sochi with a Harrier in the runway and you will see normal perfomance flying it. I have a 1060 and i´m flying the Harrier at 60 FPS.

Oke loaded a mission in batumi,

Bad stutters gone and back to my old fps :)

Didnt try mutch at moment but fps is back like i am used to have in 1.5.7

Thank for the solution,

Its a bad fps aira on caucasus ;)

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention

Please tell me which mission and airbase it is so we can change it.

So there is a lot of concern of when the harrier will hit Normandy and Nevada, but what about 1.5 stable? I would assume it would be released in the coming weeks just like 2.1, but haven't seen any confirmation of this. Any info?

Callsign: "Milkman"

I7-8700k@4.8--Corsair H115i pro--EVGA FTW3 1080ti--GB Aorus Z370--256GB M.2 SSD--16GB ram--Win10--1000wGold Rate PSU--CV1 Rift--TIR5--X55 HOTAS--TM pedals--TM MFDs--Custom UFC

In case if anyone wonders, LHA-1 Tarawa is in too. :thumbup:

Is it, :D

In that case, I bet add her to my test mission. :thumbup:

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

did somebody found the Nose wheel steering in the control Menu ? for the life of me I cannot find it

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Hi, did I miss something??? I thought the Harrier was dropping today... I noticed in the E-Shop they raised the price today, but on the Harrier page it clearly states that the Harrier requires 1.5.8. Mine is only 1.5.7... Please help? Anyone?

What can I say, WOW, she is a dream to fly, a bugger to land and I’m guessing I’m fortunate as I’m getting good FPS in 4K. No different than any of my other aircraft. Fantastic job Thankyou guys.

For those who are getting FPS, out of interest have you just installed Beta, if so check the graphical settings, a lot would have been reset from the stable version, I know I found I had to go in and change quite a bit on my system to get usable FPS when I first installed beta.

There may be different graphical settings in Beta that are not in Stable, don’t really know as I haven’t had stable installed on my system for years.

My system isn’t the best, but I will post my graphical settings if it will help. Fraud I can’t tell you what FPS I’m getting as I never look at the numbers, but it’s more than usable and looks stunning.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Hi, did I miss something??? I thought the Harrier was dropping today... I noticed in the E-Shop they raised the price today, but on the Harrier page it clearly states that the Harrier requires 1.5.8. Mine is only 1.5.7... Please help? Anyone?

Go to start, Eagle Dynamics and update openbeta.

Oh and make sure you’re on openbeta, as it’s the only version she’s on at the mo.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But if you dont want to beta test, they dont force you i think,

I love the av 8b and happy it is released, ok there are preformance problems... we know it a early release.. so no problems and i am happy to try i out :)

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention

Hi, may I ask when you got your Harrier? I paid for mine on October 27th, but still don't have it

I tried this. Opened the Cold and Dark quick mission (which is at Kutaisi) in the editor and replaced it with M-2000, also tried A10C. Got 60fps with highest settings with extreme view range, max trees and grass.

Only 25fps with harrier. So there is still a big difference from other aircraft.

Also tried Sochi runway start with the harrier, looking towards water, got 60fps. Turned head view 180 to the rear and dropped to about 55fps. Still better though, but also more water than trees :)

Edited by Runibl

Runi. "IceCat"

Printable A5 F/A-18C Checklist

Win 10 Pro 64bit, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, Intel Core I7 9700K @4.7 - 4.9 GHz,

Nvidia Asus GeForce GTX 1080TI 11Gb, G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 C16 DC - 32GB (2x(2x8Gb)), Samsung 870 NVME + Multiple Samsung 850 & 860 EVO SSDs, Dell P2414H & U2414H Monitors.