AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

On start up you put the fuel cut off switch up on the throttle and go through the start. Then you take off parking brake and can advance your throttle, but may accidently pull too far back. If you bring it back right to idle you can put the switch back down and it stops it from going into the idle cutoff detent. This may not be the proper way but it works...

On the real aircraft you just lift the switch up and it springs back down once you're passed idle. Much like the warthog shut off.

The nozzles move even when the engine isn't running, not sure if that has been mentioned.

Loving it so far though, brings back memories!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Sirs, stupid question. But where an how do i find Tawara carrier? To do some carrier takeoffs and landings... cant see it in the missons, campagins... This is asilly question, I know... bu please tell me!

Best regards

Per

You have to add it to a mission or make a new one with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the "ME" (?) Ok, I try to find that... And another questione, cant see the liveries in the meny, they are all black, why? And I run 1.5.8, thats correct I hope, I cant run the Harrier in 1.5.7, or?

Best regards

(Oh, by the way... I managed to at some point get some moore fps... sliders next to zero, and 256 graphics in the pit, that did the "trick" at least for now... the worst "drop" in fps is when turning the Harrier in the air looking at the sides through the canopy...)

In the "ME" (?) Ok, I try to find that... And another questione, cant see the liveries in the meny, they are all black, why? And I run 1.5.8, thats correct I hope, I cant run the Harrier in 1.5.7, or?

It's a know bug, affecting all units.

AV-8B Harrier Thread

Best regards

(Oh, by the way... I managed to at some point get some moore fps... sliders next to zero, and 256 graphics in the pit, that did the "trick" at least for now... the worst "drop" in fps is when turning the Harrier in the air looking at the sides through the canopy...)

ME=mission editor

There should be an update now about the black skins (liveries)

Yes to 1.5.8, no it wont be in 1.5.7

FPS drop should be fixed soon -Maybe has with new update?

hotfix is already out

Update 2017-12-01

DCS 1.5.8.12265 Hotfix 1

UI background music will not play in multiplayer game.

Crash with spawn of four AV-8BNA on Tarava - fixed.

Сrash caused by deactivation of the ship which has AV-8BNA on it fixed.

Crash caused by addition of the ship route on F10 map was fixed.

The textures of 3D models in the encyclopedia restored.

The crash with flight.dll that appears after some player helicopter actions on the FARP is fixed.

MP. Shelling zone trigger will be visible to clients.

UH-1H. Corrected animation of a stick cargo button.

ME. The next route leg will not be go off the road when moved the previous route waypoint.

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Dear Razbam. I love you :) Thx for update harrier.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Anybody checked if the FPS drop was fixed and just not reported?

While it's possible this was fixed, it's not likely they had enough time....

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

For me FPS was fixed !

Edited by Flia

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

After the Hotfix now its impossible to spawn in a moving Tarawa.

The Harrier slips to the end of the ship. This was not happening before the Hotfix.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

After the Hotfix now its impossible to spawn in a moving Tarawa.

The Harrier slips to the end of the ship. This was not happening before the Hotfix.

That sucks. I was just noticing yesterday how relatively steady it was on carriers. Just a little side to side motion. 2 steps forward 1 step back. Still fun though, just gotta be quicker on your startup!

YES!!! Hats of to RAZBAM-Team!!! fps-issues fixed! (at least for me!) This update did the trick! An so FAST!!! Thats service RAZBAM!!! Brilliant! Top Notch! Love You Guys!

Now everything is smooooth as silk again!!!

Have a nice weekend

Best Regards

Per

(Just waiting for the skilled painters to create some UK liveries)

And Brakes are finaly braking :)