AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

Agree with Runbil, sadly this is almost "unfyable" The worst stutter and loss in fps I have ever experienced! Could this be the uptade to 1.5.8? or is it the module itself?... Sadly, She has to stay in the hangar until this is solved... so sad, so sad...

There has to be some major wrong, somewere...

Best regards

Per

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, anyway dear friends, I finaly got the Harrier up an running! (Awesome bird!!! Great work Razbam!) But, there is an awefull and painfull stuttering! almost "horrible", and almost "impossible" to fly, worst I have ever seen... any ideas? Has anyone experinced that yet?

Best regards

Per

I experience the same

I admit, my machine is not the most powerful one but the other modules run just fine.

At some point in the air, it runs fluently but on the ground, it stutters.

Happens only in the cockpit, though...so it can't be the terrain

For me a bit the same problem in vr,

good performance with other planes but with av 8b around 20 fps... but still fly it with a lot off stutters

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention

Therer must be some "Quick fix" from RAZBAM very very soon! cause this is not even worth trying to fly, like one said before. No other module acts like this, everthing else I have runs smooth as silk! But this one, no way. Come on RAZBAM, let us fly this beauty You given us... but not under these conditions, please.

Regards

Per

yes yes terrible terrible fps. compared to this DCS 2.1 runes like charm. + 60 fps for me.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

...agree, disappointed is the word... and beynd that. Had so high hopes for this, and so let down when She arrives. The exterior is superb! Hats of to that RAZBAM, but the rest... regarding prefromance... (not using those words here...) RAZBAM, fix this ASAP. Sure they are looking into this by now!

Regards

Per

Early Access..expect performance issues. Not all of us had the same systems that was used to test. Wondering how it will do on my 1080Ti.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Getting tired of paying companies to beta-test their products...
But if you dont want to beta test, they dont force you i think,

I love the av 8b and happy it is released, ok there are preformance problems... we know it a early release.. so no problems and i am happy to try i out :)

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention

Must be a school holiday

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

But if you dont want to beta test, they dont force you i think,

I love the av 8b and happy it is released, ok there are preformance problems... we know it a early release.. so no problems and i am happy to try i out :)

Well we were just recently informed that we have to download the beta 1.5 client so I'm kinda forced into it, aren't I? I wouldn't mind if it actually worked but it's unplayable atm.

Then why buy pre-release modules? The choice is yours, and no one is forcing you to Beta test anything.

I expect it to work, I don't mind half the features missing. And it seems I do need to download the beta client so there's your beta testing. Also, I don't need a lecture, thanks.

Getting tired of paying companies to beta-test their products...

Then dont Pre-Purchase and download knowing it's Early Access.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Is this in VR?

No. We have not experienced that. It is hard to help without being able to replicate the problem.

Not VR.

Instant mission cold and dark.

Settings: what I have used until now with around 50-60fps on all other aircraft

001.jpg

Cockpit: 23fps

002.jpg

External: 60fps

003.jpg

I think I may have gotten it usable again, by reducing the settings a bit (View distance, trees and grass).

I will have to try it out a bit before I am sure though.

Still stuttering when looking around with mouse/keyboard, haven't tried with trackir yet.

But still, other aircraft stay at around 60fps both external and internal, with previous extreme settings and not stuttering.

So hopefully this will be improved in the future.

Runi. "IceCat"

Printable A5 F/A-18C Checklist

Win 10 Pro 64bit, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, Intel Core I7 9700K @4.7 - 4.9 GHz,

Nvidia Asus GeForce GTX 1080TI 11Gb, G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 C16 DC - 32GB (2x(2x8Gb)), Samsung 870 NVME + Multiple Samsung 850 & 860 EVO SSDs, Dell P2414H & U2414H Monitors.

Not VR.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

I think I may have gotten it usable again, by reducing the settings a bit (View distance, trees and grass).

Still stuttering when looking around with mouse/keyboard, haven't tried with trackir yet.

But still, other aircraft stay at around 60fps both external and internal, with previous extreme settings and not stuttering.

I will advise to reduce the viewing distance to 50% and test for the mean time.

We will check the problem.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Not VR.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

I run in VR and on the right I have draw distance all the way up, clutter down, and trees all the way down. I'll have to see how it runs when I get home. Also I have shadows to low or off.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Anyone know where I can get A1-AV8B-NFM-400 ? Thanks.

Do you mean the AV-8B performance charts:

http://aviationarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/av-8btav-8b-performance-charts.html

If you are a lucky owner and don't have it already, you might also want to check out the AV-8B SAC for some standard mission profiles:

http://www.alternatewars.com/SAC/AV-8B_Harrier_II_SAC_-_October_1986.pdf

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080