AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

Here is your answer and for the rest aswell ;)

e9c00668c5c973247659a227565adff0.png

Lool, "soon ". At least they have a sense of humour about it

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

i7-7700K 4.2 GHz, Gigabyte GTX 980 4Gb, Asus Prime z270k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz, Plextor PCIe SSD 256Gb, Samsung EVO 750 SSD 500Gb, 9.5TB SATA incl 4TB Mirrored. Saitek X52-Pro

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, no more need to enter serial numbers or click through activation dialogs. After installation it's simply available, that's awesome! :thumbup:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3304830&postcount=14578

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3304838&postcount=14579

Yeah! Now I need to find the time to learn to fly this thing. ;)

Don't forget to post your pics here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196592

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Just in advance. Thank you Razzies :thumbup:

Updated, downloaded, added to a Sandbox Mission, and checked that the module actually loads/works, so its ready for me to dive into the cockpit after dinner. Cant wait.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Hey,

what version of DCS do I need to download to use the Harrier?

Open Beta or the normal one?

Is it difficult to upgrade from the normal one to beta? (big download?)

Open Beta.

2 ways to do this:

1st. If disk space is not a problem, download the Open Beta installer and go from it. It will copy the files it needs from Open Alpha and Stable and will only download the Open Beta specific.

2nd. Open a command window and navigate to "DCS World\bin". Once you are there just type "DCS_updater update @openbeta". It will update stable to the Open Beta version

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I have two separate hard drive partitions for this. One for dcs 2.1 and another for 1.5. If 1.5 is not updating you to 1.58 you need to go to your 1.5 install directory and right click in the bin folder, open powershell here.

Type dcs_updater update @openbeta and it will update to the beta latest.

I'm at work now so I won't be able to try until later Tonite!

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Can i get an official statement from razbam or ED when the harrier will be released for 2.1

I wait for months like a child to get my hands on the harrier

I read the harrier would be released for both dcs versions simultaneously.

Gesendet von meinem PLK-L01 mit Tapatalk

Can i get an official statement from razbam or ED when the harrier will be released for 2.1

I wait for months like a child to get my hands on the harrier

I read the harrier would be released for both dcs versions simultaneously.

Gesendet von meinem PLK-L01 mit Tapatalk

Per Wags, In the Next 1 to 2 Weeks.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3304775#post3304775

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Thanks, anyway dear friends, I finaly got the Harrier up an running! (Awesome bird!!! Great work Razbam!) But, there is an awefull and painfull stuttering! almost "horrible", and almost "impossible" to fly, worst I have ever seen... any ideas? Has anyone experinced that yet?

Best regards

Per

Harrier look beautiful, but I am sadly getting unusable performance in the cockpit.

From stable 60fps in external view to less than 25-30fps in cockpit view, sometimes even as low as 15fps (it is also very stuttery in cockpit at the same time).

Compared to others like the M-2000 which stays at around 60fps in cockpit view.

Runi. "IceCat"

Printable A5 F/A-18C Checklist

Win 10 Pro 64bit, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, Intel Core I7 9700K @4.7 - 4.9 GHz,

Nvidia Asus GeForce GTX 1080TI 11Gb, G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 C16 DC - 32GB (2x(2x8Gb)), Samsung 870 NVME + Multiple Samsung 850 & 860 EVO SSDs, Dell P2414H & U2414H Monitors.

Harrier look beautiful, but I am sadly getting unusable performance in the cockpit.

From stable 60fps in external view to less than 25-30fps in cockpit view, sometimes even as low as 15fps (it is also very stuttery in cockpit at the same time).

Is this in VR?

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Thanks, anyway dear friends, I finaly got the Harrier up an running! (Awesome bird!!! Great work Razbam!) But, there is an awefull and painfull stuttering! almost "horrible", and almost "impossible" to fly, worst I have ever seen... any ideas? Has anyone experinced that yet?

Best regards

Per

No. We have not experienced that. It is hard to help without being able to replicate the problem.

Agree with Runbil, sadly this is almost "unfyable" The worst stutter and loss in fps I have ever experienced! Could this be the uptade to 1.5.8? or is it the module itself?... Sadly, She has to stay in the hangar until this is solved... so sad, so sad...

There has to be some major wrong, somewere...

Best regards

Per

Best regards

Per

I experience the same

I admit, my machine is not the most powerful one but the other modules run just fine.

At some point in the air, it runs fluently but on the ground, it stutters.

Happens only in the cockpit, though...so it can't be the terrain