AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

The carrier has reaction control nozzles on the wing tips the tail and under the nose. Those provides pitch, yaw and roll control when in hover mode.

Kewl, the Harrier operates kind of like a spaceship, at least while in V/STOL! That is really neat. When I watch the Harrier take off vertically and transition into forward flight, it reminds me of the way ships take off and transition into forward flight in the Star Wars Fantasy Surrealist Movies. :)

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clear what? That he tested the harrier in both versions and it works? Ok, but that doens´t tell you anything about the release date of each version, so its not clear at all.

The module will be released in "X" versions of the game, "X" date for version "X", and "X" date for version "X", is as easy as that, I don´t understand why they dont say things this way,

Exactly, thats why things must be said as clear as possible, no mistery or mistake.

There is an easy solution to that.

They could clearly state: "AV-8B Harrier II Night Attack. Early access out now! Available in DCS Shop." A couple of hours AFTER it is made available...

No miscommunication! No mystery! No opportunity for misinterpretation... ;)

But, alas, that is when everybody starts whining about the silence and lack of information. :dunno:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but who cares when it comes out in which version? Ever since NTTR came out, new modules have always been released into both branches within a few weeks, sometimes just one week in between. So if (and that's a completely hypothetical "if") it came out in 2.1 first, so what? Those who don't have NTTR/Normandy yet would have to wait a couple weeks, probably just one.

Getting pretty sick of people who twist every single word and announcement into "miscommunication" and "betrayal" and "IF THAT HAPPENS THEN...!!!". Get a life.

I know what you are saying but a delay until 2018 is more than a week and at most almost a year potentially. I'm glad that miscommunication has been cleared up.

Actually it was never really officially stated that 1.5.8 would be released this year, on Wednesday or not. It was only written by Chizh in the russian forum and I guess why only there.

There shouldn't have been any real concern or disappointment unless it is stated in an official post for example in the weekly newsletter.

Actually it was never really officially stated that 1.5.8 would be released this year, on Wednesday or not. It was only written by Chizh in the russian forum and I guess why only there.

There shouldn't have been any real concern or disappointment unless it is stated in an official post for example in the weekly newsletter.

Look at BIGNEWY's post

Enviado desde mi Lenovo Z90a40 mediante Tapatalk

Waiting time is almost over, less than 48h to go.

I'm ready.

Wallpaper - set

Pocket quide - printed, in color

Wireless devs - charging

Blanc hotas charts - printed for key binding notes

Nov. 30 - day off from office

Did I miss something...?

Asus X99 Deluxe II|Intel i7 6850K @4.2GHz|G.Skill 64GB Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz|Noctua NH-D15 and 4x NF-A14 PWM|Corsair HX850i

Win10 Pro 64 @M.2 512GB 950 PRO|DCS @M.2 250GB 960 EVO

ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX OC 8GB GDDR5|ASUS PG348Q - LG 25UM58 @3440x2520

Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent|TM Hotas Warthog 7.5cm ext & 3x MFD Cougars|MFG Crosswind|TrackIR 5

A-10C|AJS-37|AV-8B|BS2|F/A-18C|FC3|Mi-8MTV2|PG NE NO SY maps|Tacview.

I'm ready.

Wallpaper - set

Wireless devs - charging

Did I miss something...?

Coffee.....lots and lots of coffee

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

I'm ready.

Wallpaper - set

Wireless devs - charging

Did I miss something...?

Harrier pre-ordered!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the youtube videos were made with 2.3 and on 28th there is major maintanance going on ... I can dream, can't I?

Dream all you want. But go to bed early on the 28th because Santa comes to DCS on the 29th. :smartass:

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

How bout an early, early access cockpit so we can practice switchology

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Dream all you want. But go to bed early on the 28th because Santa comes to DCS on the 29th. :smartass:

And we shall give Santa a gift as well or shall I say some of us have already?:D

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Ohhh does that mean The Harrier will be waiting for me to play with when I get up on the 29th then. ;)

It’s gonna be a very very long day on the 29th waiting for this beauty to land.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I did a search on this thread and didn't see an answer so if it's been answered, sorry for missing it.

I was watching a video of a Harrier landing and noticed something going on in the intake. At first I thought it was some kind of condensation but then I realized, maybe it was the water injection system.

Does anybody know if it is in fact the water injection functioning? If it is, will it be implemented into this module? The visual effect I mean.

You can see it about 10 seconds in on this video:

"Simultaneous selection of fuel dump and afterburner during high AOA

maneuvering may cause fuel to ignite with resulting fuselage damage."

I did a search on this thread and didn't see an answer so if it's been answered, sorry for missing it.

I was watching a video of a Harrier landing and noticed something going on in the intake. At first I thought it was some kind of condensation but then I realized, maybe it was the water injection system.

Does anybody know if it is in fact the water injection functioning? If it is, will it be implemented into this module? The visual effect I mean.

Can also see some pretty sweet nozzle glow on the landing at the end...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No sadly this isn't the water injection. This is a reaction in the air due to temperature/air pressure around the intake. Water injection like in most engines happens in the combustion chamber of the Pegasus engine. :thumbup:

Edited by comie1
Some light reading to shed light . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_Pegasus

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

About 6 hours before I'm home from work...so bandwidth usage is down

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Who can tell the exact time when the module will be available?

ED.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."